Ongoing critique of my idiot roster moves...

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I put up trade moves today, one is accepted already...

Michael Turner / Boldin for MJD (Not accepted)

(frees up 1 slot so I can pick up Santonio Holmes off of waivers to replace Boldin) Raven's pass attack is not consistent enough for my liking. Boldin was good for 50 one week, and 40 points over the other 3...not bad, but I think Holmes will put up comparable numbers, and I see MJD getting better as the Jags hit stride late in the year.

Larry Fitzgerald / Ryan Mathews for Devon Aramashou and CJ Spiller (Accepted)

I love me some Fitz, but the Cards are so bad I just don't like the numbers he's putting up. Mathews is another can't cut that I think might blossom later, but I prefer to work with something more appreciable. This is basically a move that will allow me to get some bench spots available. I will likely cut Aramashou and replace my empty DL slot that I had to clear to keep PITT def on the bench for the bye week.

It's a pretty crazy league, we start 2 QBs, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 W/R, 1 TE, 2 K, 2 DEF, 1 DB, 2 D, 1 DL.

I've got:
Bradford, McNabb (Roethlisburger on the bench)
Colston, Boldin, Lloyd (DEN), (Fitz on the bench)
Peyton Hillis, LT, Michael Turner (Pierre Thomas, Ryan Mathews on bench)
Anthony Gonzales

Nugent, Prater for kickers.

Green Bay, St. Louis (Pitt on the bench / bye week)

and I usually rotate my DB / D / DL based on matchups...London Fletcher probably won't lose his spot, and I like having LaRon Landry there too. Skins are pretty bad this year, so those guys get a lot of tackles heh.

Currently, I have no DL because I needed bench space for PITT def because I don't want to lose the waiver battle to get them back after the bye.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
2 QB leagues are ridiculous IMO. But then again, you're starting defenses and IDP at the same time, so it sounds like your league is every rule + the kitchen sink. Do you get 20 point bonuses if your players hit a 100 yards receiving/rushing, too?

And you are seriously gutting your team for bench players? Wow.

Chapow

Reaction score
Larry Fitzgerald / Ryan Mathews for Devon Aramashou and CJ Spiller (Accepted)

If I was in your league I'd be pretty pissed and would suspect collusion because that trade is beyond asinine.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I just realized this: you have matthews, turner, thomas, fitzgerald, colston, and boldin on your team. In my league, all those people were gone by round 3. How many people are playing against...5?

OP
OP
JesterHawk

JesterHawk

Reaction score
8 team league. Fitz will turn into Santonio Holmes and I'm considering Lynch in place of Mathews. Fitz has very little upside and Mathew is an unproven rookie on an unpredictable SD team.

Plus not being able to cut either one of them, I have to give them up cheap. Only need 2 people to say no to the trade by Friday to stop it. If the other guy starts Mathews or Fitz its a win for me...his team has better options.

OP
OP
JesterHawk

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Got a bite. Braylon Edward and Shiancoe for Boldin and Turner.

I know you guys think I'm crazy, but Turner is putting up less than 10 points a week with the Falcons winning games. Snelling gets the goalline carries and has better points on the season.

Wasn't hot on ditching Boldin, but I think it will work out in the long run.

If all goes well, I should have my roster solid by Saturday.

I'll come post the results so you can laugh at me.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
JesterHawk":gj8y3squ said:
Got a bite. Braylon Edward and Shiancoe for Boldin and Turner.

I know you guys think I'm crazy, but Turner is putting up less than 10 points a week with the Falcons winning games. Snelling gets the goalline carries and has better points on the season.

Wasn't hot on ditching Boldin, but I think it will work out in the long run.

If all goes well, I should have my roster solid by Saturday.

I'll come post the results so you can laugh at me.

So your fantasy team is named the B1llz and your handle is Ralph Wilson?

OP
OP
JesterHawk

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Close. R41derz and my handle is Al Davis. Have you seen Devin Aramashoudaouma's 40 time?

OP
OP
JesterHawk

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Glad you asked, got a bit of a conundrum as it were...

Currently:

QB1: Roethlisberger
QB2: Bradford
QB on Bench: Shaun Hill (McNabb might be available on Waivers later this week)

WR1: Marques Colston
WR2: Brandon Lloyd
WR3: Braylon Edwards
W / R: Santonio Holmes
WR on Bench: Deion Branch

RB1: Peyton Hillis
RB2: Ladanian Tomlinson
RB on Bench: Pierre Thomas, Marshawn Lynch

TE: Tony Gonzales

K1: Prater
K2: Vinatieri

DEF1: Green Bay
DEF2: Pittsburgh

D1: London Fletcher (Skins)
D2: DeMeco Ryans (Texans)
DB: LaRon Landry (Skins)
DL: Haloti Ngata (Ravens)

-------------

Not sure what to do about my QB situation. Bradford is up and down, seems to play well at home. I'm thinking pick up McNabb for Hill if I can, since Hill likely is back on the pine in another week when Stafford comes back.

Other than that, I racked up 190 points this week, enough to win, but 200+ is what I need to see. Rams D screwed me this week with Pitt on a Bye and I had to pick someone up. Rams D was pretty well rated, but got demolished by Detroit...sad.

OP
OP
JesterHawk

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I'll keep this updated.
-MathewsFitzTurnerBoldinPoints LostHolmesEdwardsLynchBranchCelekPoints Gained
Week 561624147712byebyen/a19
Week 610bye516314141324863
-MathewsFitzTurnerBoldinPoints LostBMWEdwardsLynchBranchIvory
Week 7 moves
[tdo=12]Jesterhawks 2010[/tdo] [tdo=12]Week 6 moves: Drop Santonio Holmes, add Mike Williams. Drop Brent Celek add Chris Ivory[/tdo] Total Gained

OP
OP
JesterHawk

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Figured I needed a new title for this thread, since the old one wasn't very meaningful.

OP
OP
JesterHawk

JesterHawk

Reaction score
2 - 0 since the trades. 190 pts week t, 223 week 6.

Shrug.

Latest posts