Shady Strategy For Yahoo Fantasy Football

Sturm

Reaction score
So here's something interesting...

My opponent this week had to fill his QB slot with a replacement since his is on a bye. He's taken Favre and is in wait-and-see mode, hoping he'll play Sunday. From recent reports, it's now looking like he won't.

Knowing he might have to go get another QB now, what's to prevent me from using one of my own cheap players and taking all remaining QB's who will start this week, dropping them one by one, thereby, rendering every QB on the list caught on the waiver wire until after Sunday?

Apparently yahoo does have a "Max Acquisitions Per Week" option you can check when you start the league which prevents this stuff from happening but we're not using it. So I could royally screw this guy up and leave him with no QB other than a backup...if even nothing at all.

Buuuuaahhhh! *twirls mustache*

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sturm":1n9ch776 said:
So here's something interesting...

My opponent this week had to fill his QB slot with a replacement since his is on a bye. He's taken Favre and is in wait-and-see mode, hoping he'll play Sunday. From recent reports, it's now looking like he won't.

Knowing he might have to go get another QB now, what's to prevent me from using one of my own cheap players and taking all remaining QB's who will start this week, dropping them one by one, thereby, rendering every QB on the list caught on the waiver wire until after Sunday?

Apparently yahoo does have a "Max Acquisitions Per Week" option you can check when you start the league which prevents this stuff from happening but we're not using it. So I could royally screw this guy up and leave him with no QB other than a backup...if even nothing at all.

Buuuuaahhhh! *twirls mustache*

I have done that in the playoffs before. We do have 4 transaction max in my league, though

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
LOL. My sister and I did that very thing to a guy in our league. She was playing him. He had Peyton Manninng on a bye. His back ups were Vick(injured) and Mark Sanchez(bye). We started picking up QBs just to screw him. LOL. He lost.
Scandalous.