MLB the Show 11

TravTex

Reaction score
Y'know, I wasn't a big fan of MLBtS10. After wasting hundreds of hours with the '09 version, the '10 version seemed buggy and more irritating than enjoyable so I traded it in pretty quickly.

'11 so far is a Return to Form, and actually enjoyable enough to try and stick with a franchise for a while.

Had my most fun game so far just today. Royals @ Detroit. (Yeah, sounds like something you'd actively avoid watching on TV, but shut up.)

Royals jumped out in front early in the second when Bryan Pena flat out JACKED a hanging Brad Penny curveball over the right field wall. And then... the score locked at 1-0 until the sixth inning.

Jeff Suppan must've put in some extra prayer time, because he was carrying a no hitter into the sixth. He immediately gave up a base hit followed by a Raburn dinger to right. Jeffress came in to shut 'er down, but damage done.

7th inning Royals answered back in efficient 'Think they're playing in the NL' fashion, culminating in Blanco's safety squeeze RBI with Chris Getz coming across to tie it up.

The tie game carried through to the top of the 9th, when with a man on, Alex Gordon hit this monstrous BALLOON that the wind more or less carried over the wall and around the foul pole. Woo! Two run homer! But wait. The umps decide to meander around and talk about it for... what seemed like ten minutes. Yep. 4-2 Royals.

And at that point, it's almost in the bag. Soria did what he does, finishing off Boesch with a 3-pitch strikeout chasing a changeup in the dirt.

And there was much rejoicing. In the morning, we'll all wake up and realize we're still the damn Royals, but for now, let us celebrate.

Rflagg

Reaction score
I really like the almost rpg style of the road to the show mode, but MLB just has too many games in a single season for me to play the road to the show or franchise (or whatever they call their version of it). I always intend to get it one year once it reachs super cheap guy price range so I don't feel as bad when I only play it a few hours with long pauses in between sessions.

OP
OP
TravTex

TravTex

Reaction score
Yeah, it's impossible to play a season. 162 regular season games... plus spring training. Plus triple A, plus double A. Ain't happening.

I'm currently playing one game per series. It comes out to about 50 for a season, which is tough enough... I'll sim the rest of lost causes, which cuts it down a bit.

Still, for any given game, and for the sim engine, it's an awesome baseball game.