Anyone here play League of Legends? (PC)

Snohomie

Reaction score
Just curious. It's become a hugely popular game so I figure I can't be the only person playing. I've been getting into it lately.

Basic Overview: LoL (great acronym for a game) is an online 5v5 PVP game where each player selects one of, oh, 60 (est) champions (each with their own moves and traits) and tries to destroy the other team's base. Matches typically last between 20-60 minutes, depending on how balanced the teams are. You get gold for killing NPCs, destroying turrets that defend the bases, and killing other players. Gold is then used to purchase items for your champions, for that game only. It's a very strategic game and loads of fun. Every week a rotation of 12 (est) "free" champions are available, and every game you play gives you IP, which can be used to buy champions (that you can play whenever you want) or runes (which really don't matter until you've played 60+ games, they're small boosts to your stats). The game uses a matchmaking system so new players aren't pitted against experts (unless the expert creates an alt, but after a few games that alt starts getting placed against better players).

Best of all, it's free. The game has a cash shop but outside of skins (changing the appearance of Champions) or experience boosts, you can buy everything with IP that you can buy with actual money. Money is convenient, but one of the best players in LoL hasn't spent a dime (neither have I).

Anyways, I'm not that good, but I'm alright. If you want to play with me, my name is Snohomie. If you just get started, I can also make an alt account so you don't get stuck playing experienced players.

OP
OP
S

Snohomie

Reaction score
What's your summoner name Sam? I can make a smurf account if you want to play - I usually play with some friends who are really good (as in, 700-1000 wins good), so when I play with them I get thrown into rooms where I am overmatched.