Tony Romo or Josh Freeman?

ssbond008

Reaction score
I know this isn't a typical ESPN or Yahoo fantasy board, but I haven't seen a rule about not asking for help with team/player opinions, so why not?

In my primary league, for small-scale $, I have been talking with another manager about a trade in which I would get Tony Romo, and I would give him Freeman and Jordy Nelson.

He is willing to do this, but I am hesitant. I like Romo quite a bit, but I like Freeman a lot too. Freeman's #'s last year were awesome for a first-full-year starter: 25 TDs, 6 INTs, second only to Vick in QB rushing. But, I also know Romo could be somewhat close to the elite group if he stays healthy.

The other question is Jordy Nelson's potential this season. Sure looked like Rodgers liked him at the end of last season and in Thurs. night's game.

This has been wracking my thoughts since the weekend. I keep going back and forth. So, I'm reaching out to you guys.

Is my love for Freeman exagerrated just because he's on my team? Jordy Nelson? Will Romo be much better, if any, than Freeman this year? Should I do it??

I need help...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It depends on what the rest of your team looks like and who's available on the waiver wire, still. Nelson is probably going to remain a flex play throughout the season, so I wouldn't consider him a dealbreaker unless you can't replace him with someone of similar quality off the wire.

As for QB comparisons: Romo has more weapons at his disposal, but he's continually turning the ball over and it will cost you points.

So I guess, do a coin flip. It's probably a fair trade, but it really doesn't give you much of an incentive because you don't really stand to significantly upgrade an area of need.

JKent82

Reaction score
I have Romo on two fantasy teams, so I'm a little biased, but I would say make the trade.

They'll be more receivers popping up here in the next few weeks, maybe Jacoby Jones will finally come alive down in Houston.

Romo has a far more explosive offense, and just has more potential in my opinion. Best of all they play the NFC West...