Batman Arkham City

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Damn this game is fun. If you played the first Arkham Asylum they did an amazing job on the sequel.

By far the best comic-based game and one of the best action/adventure games out there.

The island of Arkham City is huge. Trying to get 100% in this game will be crazy hard.

The combat system is better too with more ways to chain your combos now with tech-combos.

nategreat

Reaction score
Yeah, I've only played for about an hour, but it seems pretty awesome. I beat the first one, but I agree with you, the city-aspect adds a lot to the game. Combat is better than ever. Picked it up @ Kmart and got a $30 gaming coupon with purchase, meaning I'll be able to pick up Skyrim for $29 in a few weeks too, an added bonus.

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Beat the main story before the weekend and now I'm scurrying around Arkham City for all the Riddler Trophies and such.

I felt like the main story went by really fast.... but I think that's because I avoided a lot of the side missions (which I'm not even half-way through yet) and a lot of the Riddler Trophies.

Having a blast still and some of these Trophies are really confusing me. I haven't consulted any guidebooks or anything... yet.

PC Specs are out:
Minimum System Requirements

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7
CPU: Dual-Core CPU 2.4 Ghz
RAM: 2GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA 8800 or ATI 3800 with 512MB of VRAM
Sound: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9.0c-compatible)
DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
Hard Drive: 17.5GB free disk space
Input Devices: 100% Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible mouse and keyboard

Recommended System Requirements

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7
CPU: Dual-Core CPU 2.5 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon HD 6850 with 768MB+ of VRAM (DirectX 11 compatible)
Sound: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9.0c-compatible)
DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
Hard Drive: 17.5 GB free disk space
Input Devices: 100% Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible mouse and keyboard or Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It slays me to see any modern game list "recommended requirements" as having a dual-core processor. Recommended my ass.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, Dom. Arkham City, BF3, (which I now have, obviously) Elder Scrolls V, (Skyrim to you worthless scrubs that don't recognize) and then, the big prize, Star Wars: The Old Republic at the end of the year. However, already for 2012, I'm waiting for Aliens: Colonial Marines and Mass Effect 3, lol. ME3 in particular because they confirmed co-op in it, which will be amazing.

It's a great time to be a gamer. Haven't had a run of top-notch games like this since...hell, maybe even EVER?

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't your girlfriend get annoyed when you play so many games though?

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Pretty much every major villan makes an appearance as a cameo in this game. It's like playing a comic book.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
That's awesome. Are there any recognizable voices?

Also, I just looked it up on IMDB, (link) and look who voices The Joker. Mark Hamill! That's awesome, haha. (Luke Skywalker, for those of you that are utterly clueless.)

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Hamill has been voicing Joker since Batman - the Animated Series along with Kevin Conroy.

the actor that voice Nathan Drake (Uncharted Series) voices the Penguin. Would have never guessed it.

There's a link (found it) out there with photos of all the voice cast.

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Also, if you have Arkham City; go see the Calendar Man in the basement of the courthouse today. If your console is set to the correct date, it's part of an achievement/trophy for seeing the Calendar Man on specific holidays like Halloween.