The Seahawks factor

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I am part of a pretty big money league that has owners scattered all over the country from work. Most of them in STL with a few in SoCal. I am the only one in the NW. Typically, over the years, I have been able to draft Seahawk players late and I always draft their defense, even of it is for a backup.

This year was different, guys were drafting Lynch in the first round, Edwards, Wilson, Baldwin all went before I drafted Rice late, someone even drafted Golden Tate. The defense was the second one gone before I could even think about a defense. I haven't had this kind of problem since SA was at his peak. I ended up drafting Turbin late because I figure he might see some time in lieu of Lynch, but wasn't sure I would actually have the chance to start him.

If anything, the Seahawks are getting a lot more attention than previous years. That may not translate to Seahawk wins, but it is proof to me that they are on the radar and folks are recognizing their talent or potential.

RW went in the 3rd round! A Rookie!

It seems that Seahawk fans aren't the only ones who are paying attention to the 2012 team.

jkitsune

Reaction score
RW went in the third? Even as a homer that's an enormous reach. Surprised that among non Seahawks fans he gets that attention

Veilside

Reaction score
Wow that many Seahawks drafted in a big money league? That's impressive. Especially RW in 3rd and Seattle 2nd D taken.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
In my boxing forum league, a guy has 4 Hawks on his team. Well 3 and 1 former Hawk. Flynn, Miller, Braylon, and Winslow.

I only had 3. DangeRuss, Turbin and our D.

Veilside

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1gzkr6v0 said:
In my boxing forum league, a guy has 4 Hawks on his team. Well 3 and 1 former Hawk. Flynn, Miller, Braylon, and Winslow.

I only had 3. DangeRuss, Turbin and our D.

That must be one deep league for someone to draft both Miller and Winslow! Are they a Hawk fan?

Veilside

Reaction score
Now that you mention it though, every season before (started 08) the only Hawks taken by people besides me were Hass, TJ and Lynch once we got him. I was the only one who ever got Butler, Forsett or our D. This season the league is 5 bench players less than before (12 before) and Flynn, Lynch, Braylon, Turbin and Winslow were all drafted by someone other than me.

That's crazy considering more Seahawks got drafted than ever before despite the league getting way shallower.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
In my league, the only Seahawks that got drafted were Lynch, Rice, Chancellor and Browner. We play IDPs and no team D.
Edwards, Baldwin, and Tate are still on the FA list. I picked up Wilson and Turbin from FA the day after the draft.