Who to start at WR

Erebus

Reaction score
I have a big matchup this week. I'm 5-2, going up against my boss, and he's 6-1. Bragging rights and a potential first round bye are on the line. Needless to say, I need to win. Its the typical setup with 2 RBs, 2 WRs, a TE, and a flex, which can be RB, WR, or TE.

My RBs are Lynch, Trent and Daryl Richardson, The Law Firm, and Daniel Thomas. Not a good week for these guys. I'm starting Lynch and Trent Richardson, even though he has sore ribs. I put in a claim for Hardesty just in case he cant go, and I put in a claim for Rashad Jennings since MJD will be out. But either way, I'm only starting two RBs.

I only have one TE, so that leaves the flex position to be a WR.

Here are my choices at WR. I'm going to start three of them, I just need help deciding which three.

Jordy Nelson - he's my best WR, so I'm definitely going to start him.

Randall Cobb - he's been great lately, but Jennings could possibly come back, and I dont like relying on two WRs from the same team. Jacksonville probably wont score much, so I'm not sure if the Packers would continue to throw and run up the score once they have a sizeable lead. I prefer shootouts.

Eric Decker - I'm probably starting him; he's going up against the Saints. This should be a shootout.

Lance Moore - he had a big game last week, but he's been known to have big games followed by duds. I assume Colston will draw Champ Bailey, so his matchup against Tracy Porter shouldn't be that difficult. Jimmy Graham might also come back, which would limit Moore's targets.

Dwayne Bowe - probably my second best WR, but his QB situation scares me a little.

I also have Golden Tate and Kendall Wright, but I'm in the process of dropping them if my waiver claims go through (not likely considering my record). If I'm stuck with them, I'm still not starting them. My bench is full of RBs and WRs. I have no backup QB, no backup TE, no backup D/ST, and no backup kicker.

Please give me your reasons for who you would start.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Personally, I'd go with Law Firm in the flex and Decker and Nelson as WRs. I'm a big believer in putting in players you know will get touches in these kinds of situations.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
D'oh. I even looked at the schedule, and when I saw Cleveland, my mind replaced it with Cincinnati.