Roland, got the new SSD installed...

BlueThunder

Reaction score
It was a piece of cake cloning my hybrid drive to the new ssd using Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0 and my external hard drive dock. Here are my system stats after I installed the Christmas present from my wife, a Vertex 4 512g ssd! Beats the crap out of 5.9! Now my overclocked quad-core is holding me back... Will this chasing the dragon madness never end??? ARGHHHH!!! And what's up with the stupid 7.8 on my RAM? I have 16 gigs 1600mhz. I suppose I'd need to get the 1866 or 2133 now... *sigh* Anyhoo, what a difference. And you weren't shittin'! Power-on to boot-up, complete: About 40 seconds! And everything is almost instant now! Best...Upgrade...EVER! And I re-ran the UNIGINE Heaven benchmark... And not a single stutter or hickup. Smooth as silk all the way through where before I used to get little pauses... Obvious hard drive stuff. Anyhoo, there ya go. Thought you be interested.

Newwindowsscorejpg

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Nice, dude. Yeah, SSDs are amazing upgrades. Systems really scream with them. Glad you're happy. Now, spread the word far and wide, tons of people still have no clue what an SSD is, or why they'd want one. :)

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Cool. To celebrate, we should hit it big time at AM/PM for some chili/cheese dogs and some Old E... stirred, not shaken... *snerk*

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
What the hell kinda ghetto crap is that?

Are you trailer trash masquerading as a respectable person, Blue?!

For shame. :)

JesterHawk

Reaction score
SSD is amazing. It has transformed my laptop into being completely awesome. Even for non-gaming. Being able to setup / shut down in under a minute is pretty amazing for a laptop. No worries about jacking up the spinning hard drive if the laptop gets jiggled either. I could shake it like a Polaroid picture...

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":4mwe8xql said:
What the hell kinda ghetto crap is that?

Are you trailer trash masquerading as a respectable person, Blue?!

For shame. :)

Oh, sorry 'bout that. I just saw your new title there and thought it would be a gourmet feast for someone of your ilk... Didn't wanna sound like I was talking down to you... My bad...

Soooo... uhhhh... Denny's?

:p :D

(yeah, I read the thread in the lounge...)

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3jmq5kxg said:
Tech Worlds":3jmq5kxg said:
I see this as my Raptor still grinds noisily along.

Check out NewEgg.com Dom. The prices for ssd's are falling fast, and it's worth the money.

I need to build a whole new machine. I plan on doing so next fall or so. I will probably go the ssd route when I do so. For now my computer use consists of my phone and tablet. Just don't currently have the lifestyle to get back into building a gaming rig. But I have done so in the past and really enjoyed doing so.

Next fall I will take on the challenge of re educating myself on the latest and the currently greatest.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":yarad036 said:
BlueThunder":yarad036 said:
Tech Worlds":yarad036 said:
I see this as my Raptor still grinds noisily along.

Check out NewEgg.com Dom. The prices for ssd's are falling fast, and it's worth the money.

I need to build a whole new machine. I plan on doing so next fall or so. I will probably go the ssd route when I do so. For now my computer use consists of my phone and tablet. Just don't currently have the lifestyle to get back into building a gaming rig. But I have done so in the past and really enjoyed doing so.

Next fall I will take on the challenge of re educating myself on the latest and the currently greatest.

Awesome! Make sure to post what ya get. There's some cool stuff nowadays as I have discovered since getting back into high-end systems. Just for fun, check out http://www.cyberpowerpc.com. That's where I put together my wife's gamer. It has worked flawlessly so far, and it's a beast, especially after I installed that Nvidia 4g OC'd 670 that I got her for Xmas. Think I've got just over 2g invested in it so far. Not bad considering it owns every game I throw at it in ultra mode. I'd have put it together myself, but I like the system warrenty and I'm not sure I would have saved much, if any money over customizing it on their site.

Latest posts