StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

JesterHawk

Reaction score
3-12-13

Anyone excited for the launch? I've always thought Starcraft was Blizzards best series. It maintains replay value long after the campaign has been beaten and offers difficulty levels from child -> Korean so you can play through the story even if you suck.

The custom games scene is what really sets it apart for replay value, but I'm still really excited for the zerg storyline to unfold.

Anyone else?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Don't really care. StarCraft II annoyed me. It's all about min-maxing the best strategy and sticking to it every time. "Oh, your opponents are such-and-such races? Ok, on this map, here's the precise list of what you need to do to win."

Blizzard removed the strategy from RTS games. It's not designed around actually trying to do different or unique things to win, it's all about following the proper set of steps due to how game mechanics work, to win; and that, I don't find enjoyable.

More power to those that do, though. I just don't like it, personally. All the top players know exactly what the other player is doing 99% of the time based on what race they're playing, because that's what the game is oriented around. I find it lame and dull.

OP
OP
JesterHawk

JesterHawk

Reaction score
I just like the single-player campaign. Not much of a fan on the multiplayer stuff. 90% of the multiplayer SC community would destroy me, so not much fun there for me. I like some of the custom games though, they are often times better balanced and offer more creativity than the standard stuff Blizzard develops.