Percy Harvin stats this year

seahawks875

Reaction score
I saw a segment on ESPN about fantasy football and they were debating who was a better fantasy Reciever: Harvin or demaryius Thomas. It got me wondering what harvins stats will look like this year because I'm not sure if I should draft him or not in fantasy football. He now has Russell Wilson so he will be better but I don't think he'll as many targets as he got in Minnesota in our offense, what do you think his end of the year stats will look like?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Likely Demaryius Thomas will be the better fantasy football player.

I see Harvin with 700 yards in the least, 900 yards at the most, 4 TDs in the least, 8 TDs at the most.

Not what you want to hear on a 10+ million dollar player but his influence will help the offense be less unpredictable and unreasoningly more explosive and his influence will help prepare the defense against players like Tavon Austin. Players with special athletic ability in the open field.

The area I expect Harvin to make his most productive impact will be on special teams.

tooshort

Reaction score

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If we are talking fantasy I'm taking Thomas. Dude is a great red zone threat and the best WR on a team with Peyton manning at QB

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I dunno about predicting catches and yards, Seattle has a very balanced offensive attack.

That being said, I will go out on a bit of a limb and say he'll snag around 10 TDs (assuming Wilson improves on his numbers from last year that would put our QB in the 30-40 TD range...40 being pretty damn high...which to me seems fair).

All while be responsible for making the key play in about 4 wins.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":18lkv1ug said:
If we are talking fantasy I'm taking Thomas. Dude is a great red zone threat and the best WR on a team with Peyton manning at QB
I think Decker had more TDs last year.

Tical21

Reaction score
Thomas is in a primo, primo spot. And no McGahee. I think he could end up the #1 fantasy WR. Not predicting it, just saying the ceiling is there. Percy is gonna BALL. We haven't seen anything like him here before. You like Golden Tate? Wait til you see this kid. We're going to ride him. No way is he under 900 yards. Percy will take us to the promised land. Think 1400/10, maybe more, with a bunch of rushing mixed in. He is so perfect for our offense.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Thomas over Harvin I have no doubt about it. Not to brag but I have placed 1st, 2nd, and 1st three years running in my $100 buy in league and won $1500, so this is something i'd know a little bit about. I agree that Thomas has a good chance of being a top 5 WR I expect lots of Red Zone opps, Den will have less running game but more targets going to Welker. Harvin w be lucky to be top 10 and more likely a top 15 WR, our offense spreads the ball to much and we tend to pound near the goal line.

1. Calvin Johnson
2. AJ Green
3. Brandon Marshall
4. Dez Bryant
5. Demaryius Thomas
6. Julio Jones
7. Jordy Nelson
8. Larry Fitzgerald
9. Andre Johnson
10. Victor Cruz
11. Vincent Jackson
12. Marquess Colston
13. Percey Harvin
14. Randell Cobb
15. Wes Welker

kearly

Reaction score
The Seahawks offense was #1 in the NFL last year in DVOA, and will probably be better in 2013. Yet for such a good offense, it produced very little for fantasy football owners to get excited about. Marshawn Lynch was basically the exception, with Wilson and Rice/Tate being good bench players. It's because Seattle's philosophy with offense and winning games is pretty much the polar opposite of the kind of values put forward in fantasy football.

What will be interesting to see is how the rest of the NFL copies Seattle's approach over the next 10 years. Non-mobile QBs will slide down boards as will most receivers, and running backs would dominate the early rounds of fantasy draft more than ever. Maybe by the end of our SB run, Seattle will become a good fantasy football team just on account of the rest of the league changing to be more like us.

kearly

Reaction score
BTW, really interesting how they talk about the effect of the bubble screen in that "constraint" article. It's basically used to punish LBs for cheating inside to stop the run. You can now see why Seattle paid so much for Harvin now, and why AP was so upset over losing him.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
This is why no fantasy football league should EVER use stock/default point rules. In the league I run at work, I've got it setup so every year, (I tweak at least a little each year) the top few defenses, WRs, QBs, and RBs are all worth approximately the same number of points.

It's stupid that by default in all the leagues out there, a #2 WR is worth as much or more than an elite defense.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Did everyone forget that Wes Welker went to Denver? Also, they drafted one of those high rated running backs, if he pans out that offense won't be one dimensional. Not knocking Thomas, I think he's going to have a good year, but lets not pretend there isn't anywhere else for Manning to throw the ball.

RedAlice

Reaction score
JesterHawk":23eudih4 said:
Did everyone forget that Wes Welker went to Denver? Also, they drafted one of those high rated running backs, if he pans out that offense won't be one dimensional. Not knocking Thomas, I think he's going to have a good year, but lets not pretend there isn't anywhere else for Manning to throw the ball.

My thoughts too. I expect production for both Welker and Thomas to go down this year now that they are on the same team, especially if Ball performs.

Re: Harvin - will he be returning punts as well?