Grand Theft Auto 5

Fox0r

Reaction score
Anyone else pick this up at midnight? Install is finally done. This game is going to be epic.

nategreat

Reaction score
Yes sir, got the game. Getting amazing reviews so far, and that's not even including the GTA Online aspect of the game, which will be able to be activated in two weeks, with endless content (confirmed over 500 missions, with new ones constantly added, and mission creator tools that will be released for the public to use). Sounds like a lot of fun!

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1nmfzmsk said:
Waiting for the PC version.
me too, got the ps3version for time being. I feel better with a lighter wallet.

I followed the rumors and development of IV since the Xbox360 release. It was the reason I bought an HD TV. The combination of a week of vacation and cutting off all ties with the family made release feel like a dream come true while in another dream. Indeed, Rock* did not let down.

Here I sit taking a s*** while the 8gig installation completes having no idea what I'm in for. I haven't followed developments, rumors, or any comment sections of reddit. I'm going into this round ready to be surprised and completely amazed.

https://Can.not.wait.com
6740/8466MB

minormillikin

Reaction score
Question about ps3 version : to me, the graphics in gta4 were pretty muddy, and I could never really enjoy the ps3 version (though I had a lot of fun with the pc version).
How does gta5 look on ps3 compared to gta4?

TravTex

Reaction score
Got to play it a whole half a day.

Try again today, and suddenly my PS3 has decided it can't read game discs, anymore. Because of course that'll happen.

dunceface

Reaction score
I love this game. I am in love with this game. Seriously though, I don't think its healthy how much I enjoy this game.

Help.
Gta v gifs nsfw take it out

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
GTA5 has been amazing so far. I'm about 21 hours in and my 100% Checklist is at 52% I'd believe.

Going to the military base and stealing a military jet = awesome.

tubbs51

Reaction score
So far in my opinion its the best game of this generation.

Btw it cost Rockstar over $250 million to make the game, the biggest cost for a game ever. And as of this very moment i has earned more than $1 billion dollars. To put that in perspective, it took Black Ops 2 11 days to get that mark. It took the Avengers movie several weeks.

And the online isnt even out yet.

But yeah the storyline is beyond phenomenal. the last dozen missions are easily the best missions of any GTA game or GTA clone game ever in my admittedly biased opinion.

I had the 17th and 18th off of work and literally played GTA V the entire time except for two hours of sleep tuesday night/wednesday morning

TravTex

Reaction score
Trevor is an awesome outlet, and oddly helps with immersion. Traffic socks with Michael, and it feels a bit out of character to just start shooting. Trevor gets behind a tractor? Shoot out the tires because suck my balls.

Brahn

Reaction score
And now I know hwy I have not heard from you since the Niners game Fox.

dunceface

Reaction score
has anyone else played the mission with Michael where he takes a puff of weed and has to kill all the aliens?? or when he's flying over the city after he gets drugged??? HOLY CRAP THIS GAME IS AMAZING!

I even heard Carl from Aqua Teen call in to a radio station and tell them their music sounds like a dumpster falling down 5 flights of stairs HA!

TravTex

Reaction score
Awesomeness of stroy mode aside... Rockstar is sniffing at all new heights of utter idiocy with the GTA Online Launch Fiasco. It's looking -brutal-, and the company seems to be taking the 'Hide from the customers and don't give regular information updates' track to damage control. Whee, dumpster fire!

dunceface

Reaction score
I don't know why anyone is surprised... it smashed all kinds of sales records, of course there's going to be an overwhelming amount of online activity and let's be honest being overly quiet it kinda Rockstar's thing

nategreat

Reaction score
Yeah, the GTA Online problems aren't anything unexpected. Rockstar stated beforehand that there would be some problems initially during the Online launch, and that they would be working things out as quickly as they can. And as mentioned, it was to be expected, especially with the popularity of this game. I for one am not thrown off or upset for any reason. Not a big deal. Rockstar is not a lazy company, they're on top of it.

TravTex

Reaction score
OK, not rockstar trashing, but the situation is a bit stupid. Indefinitely stuck on the idiot first mission tutorial race not loading... No cancel out option, either. Gotta reload the whole damn game every attempt just to try and trick a tutorial for a game I know how to play into actually working.

No workaround. Can't even join till you finish the tutorial... Which isn't necessary, you can't opt out of, and doesn't work.

How about a cancel or skip button, Rockstar?

TestMo1337

Reaction score
I could get online Tuesday without a lot of loading and straight up failure. Came back to it for Wednesday and got online and through the tutorial but lots of loading that didn't lead anywhere. Able to some jobs that didn't require a lot of other people.

Last night played online in a closed room without fail for a couple of hours... Except for some bullshit mission I picked up from the Car Guy Simeon where I had to get two moving cars back to his lot... That mission was a waste of 30+ minutes....