The Last of Us

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Wow. Thanks. That's all I need to hear. My decision is made. Will buy without learning anything more about it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's reviewed exceptionally well, but I have a question. Is it scary? See, I love scary games. Really scary ones. I love to play them late at night with the lights off and the volume up, and scare the absolute PISS out of myself. Right now, I'm playing a recent release called Outlast, and it has me absolutely terrified. I love it. Anybody else who happens to like scary/horror games, buy Outlast. It's only $20, but it's worth every penny and then some if you're into that kind of gaming.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
The little I know of it was a co-worker describing the basic gist of the plot and it sounded like comrades McCarthy's novel 'The Road'. I like that kind of disturbing.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
I've seen some very mediocre reviews, but only stars - didn't actually read them so can't say why the reviews were mediocre.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I have played through it and it is a VERY good game. I would say one of the best single player experiences out there. Very immersive and there are some extremely tense moments. When there are clickers in a room or area you have to go through, it's so stressful.

The ending is left open to interpretation and to create mixed feelings. Some people hate it, some people love it.

If you played any of the Uncharted games (also made by Naughty Dog) it is similar in gameplay and the quality of story telling is top-notch.

Easily a top 10 game for the PS3 and a must-play.

mistaowen

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ogcja32 said:
It's reviewed exceptionally well, but I have a question. Is it scary? See, I love scary games. Really scary ones. I love to play them late at night with the lights off and the volume up, and scare the absolute PISS out of myself. Right now, I'm playing a recent release called Outlast, and it has me absolutely terrified. I love it. Anybody else who happens to like scary/horror games, buy Outlast. It's only $20, but it's worth every penny and then some if you're into that kind of gaming.

What do you think about the new Amnesia game? Bay for Pigs I think? I got through about half of the first game and thought it was incredibly well done. Wearing headphones actually made me anxious lol haven't finished it though.

mistaowen

Reaction score
But back to BFS, haven't played it cause I don't have PS3, but my friend who bought it said it's a great game.

Axx

Reaction score
the story is amazing. You will be hooked in the first 15 minutes with interest and curiosity about the two main protagonist Joel and Elle.

There are parts of the game that have creepy dungeons and every now and then the game will throw in a "screamer" to make you jump off your seat. If you're looking for a horror game you should try out dead space instead.

But the plot is extremely well written.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
If you like it you have to get Beyond Two Souls. Incredible.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Yes - one of my favorite games. Excellent story, and great game play. Definitely get it if you haven't already.

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
I finished this game in a weeks time with a full time job, wife and kids (bad parent of the week award) and the gameplay was pretty great. The story really drives the game, well written story. I loved the ending, and the journey to it. I haven't checked out multiplayer yet, not sure if I will. I would give this game a 9 out of 10. A bit more open ended gameplay would have felt more organic hower I understand they have to keep things on a rail with the limiting of resources.

For jump out of your seat scary games I always will remember the Silent Hill stuff, some of that was so tense and creepy and it would just make you crap yourself at times.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I have a wife and kids and a full time job also... so I get limited to weekends most of the time. So it took me a couple of weeks to get through it. But the game is designed to make you play through it more than once if you want to get all of the trophies. There's just no way to pick up enough stuff one time through to mod every weapon and upgrade Joel. Once I get around to finishing the run I'm on, I'll get those, and then I just have to do one more through Survivor difficulty and then I'll have all of the SP trophies

I played the MP a little bit. It's decent. It's satisfying getting an execution kill. I haven't played it in a couple months now, and everyone is probably ranked up really high, which means I'd probably get my ass kicked (not that I wasn't before)... so I haven't been to keen on getting on MP at this point.