With the PS4 Around The Corner

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I like and I like-you guys don't think these games will be updated for new system?

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but if believe that GTA V was made specifically for PS3. I'm HOPING Rockstar has something bigger in store for PS4... Like a Red Dead sequel or prequel type thing. I hope because that's my favorite game ever.

Also it seems like there is always issues with 1st gen stuff. PS3 had problems. I believe XBOX did too. As much as I want to get a PS4, I think I'm gonna wait a few months. Plus I still have to figure out how to explain to my wife why we have a new PS4.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3japzwkl said:
I like and I like-you guys don't think these games will be updated for new system?

There are rumors of GTA V coming out on PS4 And Xbox One, but right now it is just on PS3 and the 360. All indications are Batman will only be for the PS3, 360 and PC. It is a different studio than the studio who put out the first 2 Batman games. The thinking is that the original studio (Rocksteady) gave up control on one last game for this generation so they could get a jump on a next generation sequel to Arkham City.

Msfann

Reaction score
I would love to play GTA 5, I've played every one of them since they came out. but I wont buy a ps3 or 360 just to play that game knowing that the new console will be out soon.

I think they should have just ported it over to the ps4/xbox one even if its not any kind of graphics update over the ps3/360. They would make a killing over the holidays doing it that way. And they could sell it again as a updated version for the new systems eventually and people would be happy to buy it again.

Instead I probably wont buy either system and will wait for it to come out on the PC if they ever get around to it.

Axx

Reaction score
Watchdogs looks really badass

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Just went to a PS4 preview site. MAD MAX!?

Could be very good or very garish.

253hawk

Reaction score
TriCHawk":3lxb4yq1 said:
Also it seems like there is always issues with 1st gen stuff. PS3 had problems. I believe XBOX did too. As much as I want to get a PS4, I think I'm gonna wait a few months. Plus I still have to figure out how to explain to my wife why we have a new PS4.

New consoles have been tricky to develop for ever since the PS2 due to their proprietary CPUs and instruction architectures. The Xbone and PS4 will use x86 which is very similar to what PC's have been running for decades. This will make the learning curve for developers much easier and allow them to utilize more of each console's capabilities right out of the gate. The PS4 will be as developer-friendly as the PS1 was. It will also make cross-platform and PC ports a lot easier to handle.

Both Sony and MS are still pushing to support current-gen consoles until at least 2015, so don't throw them out just yet as there's still a lot of life left to be had (I'll never get rid of my 360 because of Red Dead; it's a shame it was never ported to PC.)

Damn it's getting close...only 3 weeks to go!

FPD

Reaction score
Seanhawk":qia7hs64 said:
Batman Arkham Origins for a second reason.
Can't wait for this one! I just finished Arklham city on hard again.

I just wish there would be a Darksiders 3!!!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Just buy any games you're interested in that are the confirmed $10 upgrade ones by Sony. (They've got a list of titles you can buy the PS4 version with for $10 if you bought the PS3 version.)

tubbs51

Reaction score
I'm waiting for a couple models of the system are out. I believe both the PS3 and 360 had some significant hardware issues. IE red ring of death etc etc.

Last thing i want to do is shell out hundreds of my moolah for a console that turns into a brick when the warranty is up.

Plus GTA V and GTA Online are occupying my time perfectly well and probably will be for the next few months :D

253hawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it this time around. Both systems' cooling capabilities will not only benefit from the die shrinks of the chips, but from the decreased power requirement as well. Even at its hottest, the PS4 should run about 20 degrees cooler than the coolest operating temp of the PS3. The 360's problem wasn't even so much overheating as it was bad solder that would separate from the board (a byproduct of heat, sure, but the proper solder would have diminished those RRoD numbers significantly.)

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
I have always waited a year before even considering a new console, give them time to work out the kinks, plus by then there are usually many more releases available on the used market. I just purchased my ps3 last Christmas and have a plethora of titles to still check out. I always have my pc for alternate gaming options.