Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Both

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Probably neither

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
What say you guys? What are the pros and cons of getting each one? Its honestly neck and neck for me so idk. I have a ps3 but am open to get either. What Im not to excited for is the fact that there seems to be a lack of really great and creative looking opening games. I am really sick of first person shooters.

Throwdown

Reaction score
PS4 is $100 cheaper, so I'm rolling with that, yeah $100 is a big deal my poor ass.

Microsoft sucks for pushing the Kinect on us, no body wanted it then and we certainly don't want it now so they gotta push it on us as part of the One.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
PS4 is slightly more powerful and $100 cheaper unless you really need a Kinect. I swore off Sony after they took the ability for me to install Linux on the PS3 (cannot remember a time where a feature that someone paid for is taken away 3 years after the technology is released--pissed me off!) but I do not trust Microsoft and their DRM/always on aspirations so I'm stuck with the PS4 it seems.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Going with the XBOX1. Have a 360, love it, haven't had many issues with it. Never really dug the PS3, loved the PS2 though. Microsoft has already attended to a lot of the initial complaints. I mostly play sports games, so it comes down to familiarity for me as a lot of the stuff people get riled up about don't affect me. I also think XBOX1 can grow into its technology a bit more than PS4, but thats just one man's opinion.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
PS4 is the way to go. Independent Developers have already gone on record as saying the developing kit for the PS4 is better than the XBone. The specs for the PS4 are more powerful as well.

I have always liked Playstation (had a PS1 AND PS2) and originally had bought a 360. After years with the 360 I decided to buy a PS3 (still the best Blu Ray player on the market) and haven't looked back and I won't unless news comes out that the XBone is OBJECTIVELY better and has better games than the PS4.

What's scary (imo) is that people are ok with what M$ did. They "attended" to the initial complaints because they realized they were at a huge disadvantage compared to the PS4. They showed their real colors by displaying all they want to do is increase their revenue and take features away from customers and I feel like they only backtracked to do damage control. Playstation = for the gamers and developers, M$ = for the $$$$$.

The PS4 is $100 cheaper and is superior in every way (from the info that has been presented) other than the fact that you can't plug your cable and other crap into it so you can control everything with your console.

Everyone do themselves a favor and buy a PS4 if you're set on getting a next-gen console.

Riley12

Reaction score
Right away? Neither.

As games start to roll out for each system - Some new Elder Scrolls or (please, please, please) Persona 5, I will pick up the latest and greatest
(and maybe the XBOX One too, ha!).

drdiags

Reaction score
Not sure. I have an XBox and a PS3 but I only use them for streaming, not game playing since I suck at Madden and too old to learn or care much about video game play. I have 2 XBox 360s I use for WMC Extenders and now the wife is learning how to setup recordings through them, so I will probably want to stay with that capability.

The PS3 I have is able to recognize my HD Prime networked tuner, so I can use it to stream Comcast so I am hoping the PS4 will maintain the capability to detect and stream this DLNA device going forward.

If I could come up with a non-Microsoft way of streaming my HD Prime and recently purchased Ceton Eth6 tuners, I would probably not use any of these devices. Right now, MSoft has me captured. I am sure there is a Linux solution using XBMC or MythTV but my enthusiasm for roll your own has dropped seriously over the past decade or so.

Anyway, I most likely will buy PS4 first then eventually look at the XBox1.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
I missed the boat on pre-ordering the PS4 so im probably waiting in line with all the hardcore types midnight November 15th at my local best buy. I really want to get one before the Xmas rush.

Being a long time XBOX and XBOX360 guy, I am finally caving in to pressure from my Brother to switch over so we can play online together from across the country.

Plus the PS4 is cheaper, and the Developer support is just better.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
PS4 all the way, but I'm waiting a few months I think. So long as I don't get fired from my job of 12 years in the next 6 months, I'll probably use my bonus in Feb to get one. And besides, it seems like there are always issues with new consoles for a bit. I'll let that blow over first. And I have GTA V to keep me busy for a good long while. And probably BF4 too.

Chapow

Reaction score
For me, neither. At least not for a while and most likely not at all. But I do always get a kick out people that have formed a strong opinion one way or the other on a product that hasn't even been released yet.

Look what just happened, Sony announces no MP3's, DLNA, PC->Console streaming or External HD's on the PS4.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/sony ... na-support

BTW, I have no dog in this fight. I don't care which console "wins" and the only console I own is a PS2 that hasn't been turned on in damn near a year.

253hawk

Reaction score
Chapow":sdcqj52p said:
Look what just happened, Sony announces no MP3's, DLNA, PC->Console streaming or External HD's on the PS4.

All of this can be implemented later with system updates; word is already being passed on to the devs. Right now they're just focused on getting the thing on the shelves as functional and as problem-free as possible.

9EV87AN

Not that I care in the slightest, all I want is for the damn thing to play games. I have enough other devices that can do everything else.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sony is more trustworthy in terms of not wanting to screw their customers over as badly. Makes it a simple choice for me.

Snohomie

Reaction score
Looks like PS4 for me. XBoxOne has had to reverse a lot of their policies just to be competitive with the PS4, but since the whole "sync with everything in your house" deal sounds more creepy than awesome to me, I don't see a good reason to go XB1.

That said, not supporting external hard drives is a huge black mark for the PS4 in my eyes. I've used it to play shows/football games off my external HD than I've used it to play games...

253hawk

Reaction score
I really had no problem with the XBone other than forcing a mandatory accessory to be connected for the damn thing to even work (I don't care if it's cool, sell it separate or make it optional to keep the intro cost down.) I don't buy used games because I prefer my discs to be in good condition and the cases/manuals to not reek of cigarette smoke (plus everything will be available digitally, so I'll have less physical copies to trade in probably.) And although it wouldn't affect me personally, having the 24 hour check in and regional lock was just stupid given the number of people that are serving overseas and won't have a constant net connection. I might still get one eventually; maybe once it hits its first sale or they do their first major hardware/firmware revisions. A lot of their ideas are on the industry's horizon anyway and will be established in a few years but the gaming community just wasn't ready for them because the majority are self-entitled man-children.

So, PS4 all the way even though it can't play CD's.

nategreat

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":15q7ca2y said:
Sony is more trustworthy in terms of not wanting to screw their customers over as badly. Makes it a simple choice for me.

And here I was thinking you were just a PC gamer!

I agree though. As much as I've enjoyed my 360 over the years, I think it's time for a change. And Microsoft's tactics really irked me, before they decided to change things up due to the overwhelming response of people choosing PS4 over Xbox One. I've never had a Kinect, but I've enjoyed using it when I've gone to friends' houses, and the Kinect 2.0 is supposed to be SO MUCH BETTER. So that's about the only thing I'll be missing.

I seem to alternate between Sony and other companies though, that seems to be the tendency. Back in the day it went like this: Nintendo NES, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, Sega Dreamcast, Sony PS2, Xbox 360.... and now it will most likely be the Sony PS4

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'm waiting to hear how people like what they've chosen. Lot of money to spend when we've got a house full of xbox 360's.

MSFT hurt themselves by not supporting 360 games on the Xbox One.

253hawk

Reaction score
Supporting 360 games isn't that simple since the systems use entirely different hardware and programming architecture. The only way to do it would be to scale down the 360 hardware and stuff it into the XBone (if even possible) which would be extremely cost-ineffective and would have priced them even further out of the next-gen race. Sony found that out the hard way when they put the PS2 guts into the PS3 and couldn't sell it for cheaper than $600 at launch, which is why they removed support altogether later on. Consoles already sell at a huge loss; profit is only made from attachment rates (games, accessories, online subs, DLC.) I think it took 5 years for both the PS3 and 360 to actually break even and start making money back.