Keeper Help

SeaDiddy

Reaction score
I know its a little early in the season to be thinking about keepers for next year, but I've run into a problem.

I've got Foster as my RB, and just picked up Doug Martin after somebody dropped him. I'm trying to figure out which one I should stash on the bench as a keeper for next year. I've also got AP, and I'll be giving up my first round pick to keep him, so either one will cost me a 2nd round pick. I can keep both if I give up my 3rd round pick too.

I'm strongly leaning towards keeping Doug Martin and dropping Foster this week. I don't think he's ever going to be as productive as he was, and probably not worth a 2nd round pick. I think Doug Martin could have a good year next year if he is healthy.

Thoughts?

Thanks

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I'm more of a risk taker so I'd roll with Martin even sharing with James and Rainey next year he can have huge games. I think Foster is on the downside of his career, productive like a Thomas Jones but not a top 5 guy again and the Texans seem like a team spinning it's wheels while Tampa is looking like a team on the rise.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Hate to be that guy..but Id say AP and Foster on their way down and Martin has a lot of question marks about how he will be used now next year.. so.. In my opinion if you give up your #1 for AP who hasnt been special this year and will be 29 next year..and your #2 on a committee RB.. you could be hamstringing yourself..

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Luckily I traded Brady away a month ago or so for Le'veon Bell so I'm set as Bell for my keeper.

If you don't have a top 5 QB or WR like Megatron then I'd still go with Martin just cause he was so great year one and he is young so his best football is ahead of him. Plus, much rather risk dropping AD and Foster with a chance to draft them again or someone better than lose that pick.