Fantasy playoffs lineup

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Ok guys, I need some input! 12 team league, 4 team playoffs, and I nabbed the 4th seed. Yeah baby!! Now, the team I'm playing is way stacked. So I'll need a huge upset. Here's my team.

QB: Russ, Fitzpatrick
WR: A.J. Green, VJax, Cordarrelle Patterson, Andre Holmes
RB: Alf Morris, Gio Bernard, Andre Brown, Zac Stacy, Shane Vereen
TE: Julius Thomas, Brandon Myers
K: Nick Novak
D: Denver

It's a full point PPR, so I've got that going for me. I need a D. No way do I start Denver against SD. The best available now are Buffalo, Philly, and Jax. Our old friend Gus has that team playing their tails off lately. Who should I grab? And which RB do I go with? I'm locked in with Gio, and Vereen, so it's down to Alf and Stacy.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Started off 1-4. Finished strong at 10-5 and moved into second place, got real lucky with scheduling and let the top teams beat the hell out of each other in the standings (a lot of teams hovering around 7-7 and 5-9). Real tough league his season, everyone drafted well, and there were a lot of close battles every week. Doug Baldwin was a recent add, got him right as he and Wilson went on their hot streak (cha-ching).

Tumblr mxod4jroTR1r077wko1 400

Stacy has been a beast this season, and DC's offense is garbage (hard to trust Alfred, have him on my bench, he has performed alright in the games I needed him).

I have no idea how to utilize WRs, never get the right guy in when I should, so good luck with that. Haha.

Philly has been consistently getting turnovers, and they play Minnesota this week with Minnesota's top 2 HBs banged up.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Danny Amendola was cut off, i have a feeling I am going to lose this week, Tate and cameron scare me, not sure my bench has any better options though......

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 2,097

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Yeah Cameron's production is a flip of the coin because of the QB situation going on there. Imagine what kind of numbers this kid would put up with a QB that can actually play. Still, if he has an average day (for him), you'll be sitting pretty at the TE spot.

Same thing with Tate. If he just plays how he's capable of playing he's a great option. But, he can literally give absolutely nothing in terms of contributions to Fantasy and to the Texans. But, it looks as though he righted the ship after that lousy less than ten yard running "performance".

m0ng0

Reaction score
My opponent first 3 players waaaaaaaaay under performed last night (Rivers, Decker, Woodhead) I hay have a shot at this, what do you all think of Chris Johnson this week vs Arizona? If I keep Tate in there then I have to play Johnson BJGE or Marcel Reece (with Jennings now back in the fold) I may scour the waiver wires but I am leaning BJGE.

Bryce84

Reaction score
m0ng0":3sp10juy said:
My opponent first 3 players waaaaaaaaay under performed last night (Rivers, Decker, Woodhead) I hay have a shot at this, what do you all think of Chris Johnson this week vs Arizona? If I keep Tate in there then I have to play Johnson BJGE or Marcel Reece (with Jennings now back in the fold) I may scour the waiver wires but I am leaning BJGE.

I wouldn't play CJ?K against ARI. They've been dominant against opposing RB's and CJ hasn't done well enough this year to consider him matchup proof. BJGE seems like the best option of those 3, can hope for a short yardage goal line vulture.

SouthSoundHawk":3sp10juy said:
Yeah Cameron's production is a flip of the coin because of the QB situation going on there. Imagine what kind of numbers this kid would put up with a QB that can actually play. Still, if he has an average day (for him), you'll be sitting pretty at the TE spot.

I drafted Cameron in most leagues this year, and yeah it was very discouraging to see the QB carousel there, then for it to finally land on Campbell and then to see him to largely ignore the second best offensive weapon on the team. It really came as a surprise because in looking through Campbell's history, he's targeted his TEs quite often. I'm hopeful that last week they finally got their connection to "click" and that Cameron's value/production will be close to where it was with Hoyer.

Thepeelsessions":3sp10juy said:
Ok guys, I need some input! 12 team league, 4 team playoffs, and I nabbed the 4th seed. Yeah baby!! Now, the team I'm playing is way stacked. So I'll need a huge upset. Here's my team.

QB: Russ, Fitzpatrick
WR: A.J. Green, VJax, Cordarrelle Patterson, Andre Holmes
RB: Alf Morris, Gio Bernard, Andre Brown, Zac Stacy, Shane Vereen
TE: Julius Thomas, Brandon Myers
K: Nick Novak
D: Denver

It's a full point PPR, so I've got that going for me. I need a D. No way do I start Denver against SD. The best available now are Buffalo, Philly, and Jax. Our old friend Gus has that team playing their tails off lately. Who should I grab? And which RB do I go with? I'm locked in with Gio, and Vereen, so it's down to Alf and Stacy.

I'd probably ride Philly defense of those options. They've been a solid fantasy unit most of the year, surprisingly. Doesn't hurt to have Matt Cassel throwing against them this week.

As for RB, that's a lot tougher. I'd love Stacy pretty easily if not for the matchup, my fear is that the Rams might get down early and be forced away from their gameplan, since that Rams defense has been highly inconsistent this year. Morris feels like a safer play though, that ATL defense has been extra generous to RBs this year. That being said, I'd probably go with Stacy, but mainly because he likely had a larger hand in getting you to this point. Otherwise you may as well flip a coin.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I just picked up Daniel Thomas off waivers, dropping Reece it looks like he will get the start against the Steelers.....could be a better option then BJGE or C2K.

What do yo all think about Russell in the weather in Jersey tomorrow?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Wilson will be fine I think, better than Fitz at least. Seattle will probably commit to Lynch a ton tomorrow however.

Bryce84

Reaction score
m0ng0":r5fmctzn said:
I just picked up Daniel Thomas off waivers, dropping Reece it looks like he will get the start against the Steelers.....could be a better option then BJGE or C2K.

What do yo all think about Russell in the weather in Jersey tomorrow?

MIA backfield is far too unpredictable imo, BJGE still a better option than Daniel Thomas, now that Lamar Miller has passed his concussion tests and is probable this week. BJGE has received 15+ touches in 4 of the last 5 games, I'll trust that instead of trying to gamble on which Dolphin RB has the hot hand.

As for Wilson, he'll be fine. He's been consistent all year, the very worst he's done is 11 points (3 times against elite defenses, twice against SF and once against HOU before they imploded). No reason to over think it now.

m0ng0

Reaction score
yeah thats a good point, I read BJGE was ill this week and not practicing, I am going to roll with:

Russell
Josh Gordon
Andre Johnson
Daniel Thomas
Ben Tate
Jimmy Graham
Jordan Cameron
Saints D
Matt Bryant !

Fingers crossed !

OP
OP
Thepeelsessions

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Well, I went with Alf and Philly, for a whopping combined total of 7 points. Lame. Stacy and Buffalo would've gotten me a combined 34 points. But it wouldn't have mattered. The guy had Jamaal Charles, who got a ridiculous 52. Nothing you can do about that. Even if I would've started the highest scoring lineup combination from my team, I still would have lost 129-128. Matt Cassell and Matt Asiata (WHO!) decided to have the game of their careers. Whatever. Fantasy football is dumb. At least I've still got my first place team left!!

m0ng0

Reaction score
between Andre Johnson, Jordan Cameron, Jimmy Graham and New Orleans defense I got 6.80 points....needless to say I am now fighting for 3rd place :?

BUT I would rather lose this way then by making the wrong plays.....sh*t happens sometimes and if I can make 3rd I get 50$

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I am in the final of both of the leagues I play in. Both are IDP for defense although they are scored differently.
Team 1.
LegionofBoom1 zps1271aa3f
LegionofBoomD zps27749cfd

Team 2.
LegionOfBoom2 zpsc4f9558f
LegionOfBoom2D zps5206519a

I haven't decided how I will play my rosters yet.

m0ng0

Reaction score
3rd place here I come!!!!!

Attachments

• rsz_kittens_and_flowers.jpg
    rsz_kittens_and_flowers.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,992