Generic Fantasy Football Talk

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a discussion thread for general talk.

Indy says that Trich is going to be a 3 down back. What do you guys think? He was obviously skilled at Alabama. Some of his runs were just insane. That didn't seem to translate to the pro's though. His rookie year he was a low end RB1. Last year he was awful. Do you think he will bounce back? I think he will. Don't know what that means for his stats though.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2lbmd0t9 said:
Thought I'd start a discussion thread for general talk.

Indy says that Trich is going to be a 3 down back. What do you guys think? He was obviously skilled at Alabama. Some of his runs were just insane. That didn't seem to translate to the pro's though. His rookie year he was a low end RB1. Last year he was awful. Do you think he will bounce back? I think he will. Don't know what that means for his stats though.
The Colts have taken strides to improve their run game, but I find it hard to trust TRich still. Donald Brown was able to average over 5 yards a carry, DONALD BROWN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, but TRich could barely muster 3. Yes, he was traded in the middle of the season ( week 4 I think), but for a RB that shouldn't mean too much considering the run plays don't change much from team to team. And he wasn't asked to do a whole lot, they tried to ease him in over several weeks but he just couldnt get anything going, and then he was phased out. He does have a couple things going for him though: he's had a lot of time to study over the offseason, whether he did or not is another story. Another thing that benefits him, he doesn't have a lot of competition for carries. Brown is gone, they added fabergé egg Ahmad Bradshaw, and none of the other current rbs on the roster, Bradshaw included, were drafted before the fifth round and the Colts invested too heavily in him to make him play a complementary role. I might consider drafting him as an RB2, as long as I draft another RB right after him as insurance. But that's not gonna happen. :)

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
What do you guys think of Nick Foles? I think he has to regress somewhat from 27/2 TD/INT ratio. I have seen him falling a little bit in mock's lately though to the point where he seems like a decent bet. Even if he can't sustain that ridiculous TD/INT ratio, he still is in Kelly's QB friendly offense with probably the league's top running game.

Sac

Reaction score
Foles threw 27 touchdowns while missing several games. He'll throw more this year, probably more picks too though.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Wow great breakdown there Sac.

Foles will obviously regress some but his ceiling is as high as anyone's in Kelly's offense and with the defenses in that division. He goes a little to high for me as I like to wait and grab a guy later in the draft but if you take Foles in the 6/7 range I think its fair value. Or you could take Sonic's advice and just grab him in the 1st and donate all your money to league mates.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
On the money fantasy league I play in, the points are heavily weighted towards TDs (pass, rec, rush). Ks are even valuable.

There's only a few WRs who consistently score TDs. Besides AP, Lynch & Charles, there's not a RB I covet.

If I'm picking 4th or below, I'm taking QB (Manning) in the first and then as the league continues to make runs on QBs and RBs, I take the #1 WRs (Megatron / AJ Green or TE JG).

By the the third round, I re-evaluate my standing. Are there no RBs left in the top 10? Good, I'll pick a top QB/WR/TE because one will be available.

I don't care about week 1, I'm a guy who lives for trades and free agency. RBs will get hurt, I will be able to pick one off the wire (this method also depends on how your wire is set-up).

If I'm picking in the top 3, I'll go relatively chalk, RB, QB, WR/TE.

I drafted three QBs last year (we also had a limited bench/roster space). I traded two of them and ended up with Lynch (who I eventually traded).

I lost in the championship round thanks to an unbelievable week by my opponent (who actually drafted AJ Green first).

OP
OP
EverydayImRusselin

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
What is the consensus on Julio Jones? I'm strongly considering grabbing him early, but I just don't know if I want to risk my season on him, which I'd basically be doing.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3gc33f8u said:
What is the consensus on Julio Jones? I'm strongly considering grabbing him early, but I just don't know if I want to risk my season on him, which I'd basically be doing.

Uh yeah, I'd bet big on Jones.