Just finished a mock draft on Yahoo for a 12 team league.

Sac

Reaction score
Thoughts?

QB - Foles
WR - Jordy Nelson
WR - Percy Harvin
WR - Torrey Smith
RB - Montee Ball
RB - Zac Stacy
TE - Kyle Rudolph

BN - Alex Smith
BN - Stevan Ridley
BN - Dwayne Bowe
BN - Brandin Cooks
BN - Ladarius Green

K - Shayne Graham

Def - Arizona
BN - Denver

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
2 Defenses? I don't like using up a valuable bench spot on another defense. I'm not a fan of Bowe, I'd rather have grabbed someone with more potential like Deandre Hopkins, Kenny Stills or Terrence Williams. I think Rudolph should have a breakout year and I'll be targeting him when possible. Overall not bad.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
I usually wouldn't have two defenses either, but the leage I'm mock drafting for is $10.00 per transaction, so it get's pretty expensive to add/drop during the year. I'm trying to minimize the number of transactions I make. Deandre Hopkins, Stills and Terrence Williams were gone by the time I picked up Bowe.

Big fan of Kyle Rudolph this year though.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3p7aevgt said:
I usually wouldn't have two defenses either, but the leage I'm mock drafting for is $10.00 per transaction, so it get's pretty expensive to add/drop during the year. I'm trying to minimize the number of transactions I make. Deandre Hopkins, Stills and Terrence Williams were gone by the time I picked up Bowe.

Big fan of Kyle Rudolph this year though.

That makes more sense then. Thank god I don't play that way. I'm a waiver-wire/trade machine son of a gun. I think in my 14 team league last year that I won, I had 50+ waiver wire transactions and 5 or 6 trades.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
It's inevitable that I'm going to have to make some transactions, but having two top defenses let's me figure out which one is going to be better before the bye, then I can trade one away for depth to someone that picked a crap defense for a depth bench player.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm leery of Ball and Harvin. Especially Percy because of the lack of opportunity. Unless your league counts return yards.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
I'm assuming Harvin is going to get 2 or 3 rushes per game. Ball was the best running back available when I picked (9th) a featured back that will see a lot of touches and no real competition on the roster.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hard to judge without knowing if this is ppr or standard.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love Ball this year but most people are a little more risk averse when it comes to drafting than I am. PM running backs tend to finish in the top 5 and I see no reason why Ball can't. Moreno did last year with Ball stealing touches and Ball is the more talented runner. Unless he falls flat on his face in pass protection he is a lock to be a top 10 RB.

I like the team honestly. Hard to know without seeing who you didn't take instead of who you took but overall this team looks very good. I'm starting to warm up to Stacy. I didn't like him but the more I read the more I like him.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Loved Ball in college, have yet to be impressed with him in the NFL, I'd take a chance with him as DENs #1 though. That's almost guaranteed points.

He's not one of my top picks, but I think he's a safe Low 1, high 2 RB.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I've drafted Torrey Smith the last few years, hard to argue his big play ability with super noodle as his QB, he just doesn't get the intermediate looks. Although if I'm taking a Baltimore WR, it's Jacoby Jones.

I like Jordy Nelson too, he's a solid 80 yard REC with 1 TD every other week. Percy Harvin is an injury threat just because he hasn't had a chance to play solid, straight football for over a year. I expect him to stay healthy but it's hard to say you'd be surprised if he got hurt.

I think you have good WRs, maybe even 'safe', not intimidating though.

Stacy I think is a lock for a good year. I like that duo of 7-12 type RBs.

I'm not a fan of Rudolph although I understand the bet. Just got a big new contract, a QB situation that should be dependent on a TE, actually, I'm not not a fan... I'll take it!

Hard to argue with Foles.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Smith is in a new offense and the same offense that utilized Andre Johnson. I think his catch total comes up this year. Its a long shot but he has WR1 potential(Top 12).

SonicHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":1x54v13r said:
Smith is in a new offense and the same offense that utilized Andre Johnson. I think his catch total comes up this year. Its a long shot but he has WR1 potential(Top 12).

He always has WR1 potential and I do like the new offense, I'm just preparing to be disappointed.

kearly

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":19d614ai said:
Thoughts?

QB - Foles
WR - Jordy Nelson
WR - Percy Harvin
WR - Torrey Smith
RB - Montee Ball
RB - Zac Stacy
TE - Kyle Rudolph

BN - Alex Smith
BN - Stevan Ridley
BN - Dwayne Bowe
BN - Brandin Cooks
BN - Ladarius Green

K - Shayne Graham

Def - Arizona
BN - Denver

It would help slightly to grade this draft if I could see where you drafted players. There is no clear #1 pick player on your team, did you take Ball in round one?

I would give this team a C-. There is only one player I love in this group and that is Jordy Nelson. But without knowing where you drafted him I can't be sure if you got him as a steal or not.

If you take Foles 2013 numbers and extrapolate them over 16 starts he's basically an Aaron Rodgers type fantasy performer. The only problem is that in 2014 defenses will adjust to him, and he'll have to play the entire NFC West. He also benefited from a fluky INT drought last season. More likely, he'll be only a little better than QBs you'll find on the waiver wire during the season.

If Harvin stays healthy all year he will probably have fringe #3 WR fantasy numbers even when factoring rushing production and kickoff return TDs. He had something like 1 touch per quarter last season, it's amazing that he's a viable fantasy player at all given the lack of opportunity. Plus, he will probably get hurt.

I like Smith the player but he's meeeeeeh as a fantasy WR.

Ball will probably produce, I just don't think he's all that talented and it might only take a 3 fumble game for him to get benched for Hillman. Ball is going to miss the entire preseason and for a young player that is not going to help.

Stacy will only be good next season if the Rams run him into the ground ala Alfred Morris. I think they drafted Mason to keep Stacy's rep count in check. I view Stacy as a safe, solid #2 RB with limited upside, kind of like Frank Gore.

I sort of like the Rudolph pick, but he's kind of boom or bust.

Alex Smith is the definition of a waiver wire QB.

Ridley could be a good pick but from what I hear the smart money is on Vereen.

Bowe seems like the kind of WR who isn't terrible, but seems destined to hit the waiver wire at some point during the season in most leagues.

I never bother with rookie WRs unless I think their situation is exceptionally favorable. Cooks will probably be a #3 WR and IMO he was over-rated in the draft process. He might have a good career but I would be surprised if he put up big numbers right away.

Green is talented, but #2 TEs rarely do anything.

I wouldn't bother with two defenses. UDFA and the waiver wire are your friends.

I hope you didn't pay TOO much for Arizona's defense.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
Thanks for the input Kearly. Your questions are answered earlier in this thread.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Smart money was on Vereen last year, we waited forever and it never happened.

kearly

Reaction score
SonicHawk":qgashxqo said:
Smart money was on Vereen last year, we waited forever and it never happened.

I think the hype comes from the fact that Blount is gone now (leaving New England's RB situation unsettled), that Vereen actually had more catches than rushes last year, and that the coaches appear to favor him at the moment.

If he becomes a starter, he has 2013 Knowshon Moreno upside. But even as a backup he could be the new Danny Woodhead for them, and I think most people are assuming that with the unsettled nature of the Pats RB group that Vareen will have way more than 44 carries next season. Like Woodhead, Vareen is so productive as a receiver that he might only need 100 carries to be a viable #2 back. I think that appeals to fantasy owners because he has such a low bar to clear to be worth a 10th round pick.

Wouldn't be a bad idea at all to take both Ridley and Vereen and see what happens. New England is going to run the ball a lot and Tom Brady is going to throw a lot of passes to his RBs.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I think you'll be happy with Ball, but think you would have been happier with another RB or WR rather than Foles. Most drafts have Rivers, Wilson, Cutler, Romo available over the next few rounds after Foles goes.

I personally hate Bowe but he probably won't have as bad a year as last...