My first draft of the year, tell me what you think...

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Format = Non PPR, 12 teams (16 round draft) 6 points for TD including the QB.

1 x QB
2 x WR
2 x RB
1 x TE
1 x Flex
1 x K
1 x DEF

QB:

M Stafford DET
C Newton CAR

WR:

R Cobb GB
E Sanders DEN
TY Hilton IND
B Cooks NO
K Benjamin CAR
R Woods BUF

RB:

D Murray DAL
R Bush DET
K Moreno MIA
C Michael SEA

TE:

J Reed WAS
C Fleener IND

K:

M Prater DEN

DEF

Panthers CAR

Still available and tempting me: Bengals D, Dri Archer

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I wonder why you drafted 2 top QB's? I think you also drafted too many WR and not enough RB. If Bush/Murray stay healthy you are fine, but neither one is consistently healthy. I really don't like Moreno this year, but that's just a personal preference. I really feel like reaching for that 2nd QB cost you a quality starter. Right now your flex is Hilton/Sanders or Moreno. I think you could have grabbed a better flex instead of Cam (I assume your 2nd QB was Cam). I think Cooks will be the best fantasy rookie WR and Benjamin will be a close 2nd, I just think you could have used more RB depth. Is Devonte Freeman still available? I'm high on him this year to replace Sjax at some point and become a solid starter.

Like any team, if they stay healthy you should do good. A few injuries though and I think your depth will be lacking.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Newton was in the 10th round or something so I thought he was good value. RB depth is an issue for me and Moreno / Michael were very late picks. There was no-one I felt like pulling the trigger on.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":2vvtorzr said:
Gotcha. I'd work the waiver wire hard then or try and trade Newton for a RB.

Will do, theres always someone isnt there? Last year I picked up Joique Bell and Julian Edelman as they went undrafted.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":21t03iag said:
EverydayImRusselin":21t03iag said:
Gotcha. I'd work the waiver wire hard then or try and trade Newton for a RB.

Will do, theres always someone isnt there? Last year I picked up Joique Bell and Julian Edelman as they went undrafted.

Yeah, sadly last year I drafted Bell and dropped him prior to week 1 for some garbage player who I forget now. Thankfully I did steal Stacy off the waiver wire.

kearly

Reaction score
Last year my brother had Matt Stafford as his backup and tried for weeks to trade him before eventually giving up. It's hard to trade QBs these days unless he happens to be one of the big three (Manning, Brees, Rodgers).

Good TE, good K, good D/ST. Good QB.

Other than Cobb and Murray, your RB/WR group is pretty weak. Sanders and Bush are okay. Benjamin is okay as a late round lottery ticket. Can't say I like any of the others and I doubt I would commit a roster spot for any of them, personally.

I like Murray and Bush but talk about injury risk. You need to have way better and way safer options behind them. The odds of them both staying healthy all year is really unlikely.

I would ditch Newton, Fleener, Michael (since you don't have Marshawn). Good luck trading Newton, it won't be easy. That he lasted until the 10th round should give you an idea of his trade value. Stafford doesn't hit the bye until week 9, so if you hold Newton it's only as trade bait, and I doubt he'd get you much if anything. If anyone is smart enough to trade for Newton, they would have drafted him before you did.

Maybe you could keep Newton and platoon him with Stafford? I'm guessing Stafford has some fairly big home/road splits since he plays in a dome.