Should I make this trade?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I got a problem, my buddy will have to miss a portion of our fantasy draft and is looking to move some of his draft picks. He wants my 2nd, 8th and 14th rd picks for his 4th, 5th and 10th rd picks. Does that seem like a fair deal or should I try for something a little more?

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Hard to say. It looks pretty even. It's tough losing that 2nd round pick but having 2 4th round picks and 2 5ths is pretty nice. Some of it depends on what spot you're drafting from and what your strategy is too. Even though it doesn't take into account the weight of draft pick by round, I will tend to average out the draft pick trades. For example, since he is offering you his 4, 5, and 10, the average round value of those picks is a shade over 6, you give him your 2nd (which is huge and should be weighted somehow), 8, and 14, the average round value is 8. So from a rudimentary mathematical perspective, you come out on top. It really boils down to where you are in the draft order and scoring settings.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Are there keepers involved? How may people in the league?

My first inclination is to say no. It looks good when you run the numbers because he's tossing you a 10 for your 14, which makes the averages work out like Hawkmania pointed out above, but that's pure round averages.

But the caliber of player between 2 and 4, for me at least, is too much to give up. Pretending you're in a 10 man and you have the middle pick, you might land Lacy or Forte with your #1. Lining you up for maybe AJ or Dez on your #2 at WR, or perhaps even Murray or Stacy if you go RB? If you trade that pick, what caliber player are you left with at the 4th round? At WR you're now picking probably looking at Cobb/Cruz for WR or Bush/Ellington at RB? The point disparity is too much for my tastes. I like a beastly RB duo. However, it's up to your draft strategy. Does your league go big on QBs early? If you think good players will fall to you, maybe you bite.

Might be more palatable for a 3,5 and 10.

God I love fantasy football

kearly

Reaction score
I would do that deal. There are going to be some monster WRs with ADP in the 30-50 range so those 4th and 5th round picks are gold plated. And the 10th round pick could easily get you a decent starting QB or TE.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
NO. Stop trying to give away your top picks. Those picks freakin matter. This isn't the NFL draft.