*EDIT* Your Thoughts, Please

Sac

Reaction score
Well, the draft happened, here's what I got. Before I show them, though, understand that this is a money league where adding/dropping and trades each cost $5.00. Also, in order to encourage transactions and pump up the pot, we were required to draft a minimum number at each position as follows.

3 X QB
4 X RB
4 X WR
2 X TE
2 X Defense
2 X Kicker

The weekly starts are

QB
RB
WR
WR
FLEX
TE
Defense
K

Here's what I drafted

1. (8) Marshawn Lynch RB
2. (17) A.J. Green WR
3. (32) Arian Foster RB
4. (41) Keenan Allen WR
5. (56) Michael Floyd WR
6. (65) Philip Rivers QB
7. (80) Jordan Reed TE
8. (89) Terrance Williams WR
9. (104) Bernard Pierce RB
10. (113) New England DEF
11. (128) Devonta Freeman RB
12. (137) Joe Flacco QB
13. (152) Travis Kelce TE
14. (161) New Orleans DEF
15. (176) Dan Carpenter K
16. (185) Teddy Bridgewater QB
17. (200) Shayne Graham K

kearly

Reaction score
Good for you getting Lynch and Wilson where you did. Surprised you got Gronk that late.

Seattle's defense is a "for fun" pick more than a smart one. Even if Seattle put up last years fantasy numbers again their value over baseline would probably make them more of a round 7-9 type pick. If I had to gamble on a fantasy defense this year I'd look for the best pass rushing defense I could find late in the draft. It's going to be a thin year for interceptions with the new emphasis in play.

I like Vincent Jackson as a 3rd/4th WR, but 3rd round feels way too rich, especially since your 2nd RB is Stevan Ridley and your 3rd RB is Pierre Thomas. Maybe that turns okay but I wouldn't feel great about that lineup.

Kudos for getting both Edelman and Gronk. One of those two will produce for you guaranteed (unless BOTH get injured). The problem is, if Edelman flops your next best WR option is a rookie #3 WR and Greg Jennings.

Normally it's a good idea to go 1 TE, but not if that 1 TE is Gronk. So good for you for getting a 2nd TE. As much as I think Kelce is talented and a super-sleeper, I think I would want someone safer to backup a high risk player like Gronk.

Wilson could make this team special if Harvin stays healthy all year. Gronk and Julio are the "power ball" impact players.

I'd give this team a B. It gets off to a good start but I'm not wild about your mid-late round picks/strategy (Wilson aside) and like your previous teams you have a bad habit of drafting risky players and then backing them up with long odds backups. Take a risk or two at starter or use your bench to gamble, but don't do both.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
Well, the draft happened, here's what I got. Before I show them, though, understand that this is a money league where adding/dropping and trades each cost $5.00. Also, in order to encourage transactions and pump up the pot, we were required to draft a minimum number at each position as follows.

3 X QB
4 X RB
4 X WR
2 X TE
2 X Defense
2 X Kicker

The weekly starts are

QB
RB
WR
WR
FLEX
TE
Defense
K

Here's what I drafted

1. (8) Marshawn Lynch RB
2. (17) A.J. Green WR
3. (32) Arian Foster RB
4. (41) Keenan Allen WR
5. (56) Michael Floyd WR
6. (65) Philip Rivers QB
7. (80) Jordan Reed TE
8. (89) Terrance Williams WR
9. (104) Bernard Pierce RB
10. (113) New England DEF
11. (128) Devonta Freeman RB
12. (137) Joe Flacco QB
13. (152) Travis Kelce TE
14. (161) New Orleans DEF
15. (176) Dan Carpenter K
16. (185) Teddy Bridgewater QB
17. (200) Shayne Graham K

Vetamur

Reaction score
Am I going mental? Kearly is congratulating on players that ..you dont seem to have drafted.

Ozzy

Reaction score
yeah I'm confused. Love the Kelce pick. Not a huge fan of Rivers and the QB situation but maybe the roster requirements made the draft a little weird in that regard. I tend to wait and grab someone like Wilson, Cutler etc. but again I can see where this might not have been a option under this format. Floyd in the 50's will turn out to be a steal IMO.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
I just edited my post instead of posting a new one. Yes, the requirements for QBs made the drat a little wonky. Russell was gone by the 5th round and I like to grab other positions before qb. Rivers was kind if an "crap I still need a QB" pick.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I get that I got stuck with Kaep in my main league but will probably figure something else out for the position as the season goes on. I'm usually the last guy to take a QB or close to it.

kearly

Reaction score
I would make a separate topic next time.

Solid draft early. Weird rules.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
Thought about it, but since it was related to this mock I just updated instead of adding more clutter to the board.

The rules are a little weird, considering we're not required to keep that many players at those positions. Just have to draft them. Like I said, it's to encourage people to pump up the transaction fees.

I don't like fees so I tried to make my roster as well rounded as possible with definite contributors as well as a few high upside sleepers.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't think you have to worry about cluttering the board. Or at least, it doesn't bother me personally. There's like 1-2 new topics a day in this fantasy forum, if that.