Draft day happened. Here is what we ended up with

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
First of all I would like to thank everyone here who game me some input in an attempt to help me and my wife draft our team.

The draft took place today, it was an offline draft and I was not able to attend as I am out working on the boat. Unfortunately I was also very busy and could not help out my wife very much during the draft via phone. She was pretty much on her own with a cheat sheet and other people in the league helping her.

We drafted 9th overall.

1st Dez Bryant
2nd Marshawn Lynch
3rd Vernon Davis
4th Bishop Sankey
5thAndrew Luck
6th Micheal Floyd
7th Emanual Sanders
8th Devanta Freeman
9th Mike Wallace
10th Terrance West
11th Riley Cooper
12th Knowshon Mareno
13th Tampa Bay Defense
14th Phil Dawson
15th Jake Locker

No again, when you critique this remember that my wife Jen nor I had ever done this before. She was on her own based off of some stuff I had told her the last few days. I think we are in for a rough year myself. But here is the kicker. You guys are gonna love this... Take a look at what everyone else did in our league....

snapshot.jpg

Anyhow I am not sure we are going to do very well but man we had the chance to clean house with the way all the others were drafting! My wife did her best but i wish i could have been there to help her. Maybe i can do some waiver wire stuff to strengthen up our team?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
-The Glove-":lkwoy9gh said:
Did someone really pick Haushka in RD 1?

Noticed that, too. That dude deserves endless ridicule. The Al Davis of the league.

Edit: And the Seattle D in the 3rd? Michael in the 5th? Hooooolly crap.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":pzdksl7q said:
-The Glove-":pzdksl7q said:
Did someone really pick Haushka in RD 1?

Noticed that, too. That dude deserves endless ridicule. The Al Davis of the league.

Edit: And the Seattle D in the 3rd? Michael in the 5th? Hooooolly crap.

I know! If i was there we could have had our pick of the entire board!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Think your draft was pretty good. I would have gone Lacy/AJ Green pr Jimmy Graham (assuming you have a snake draft) and Brown over V. Davis in the 3rd, but that is simply personal preference.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2go68wb5 said:
Think your draft was pretty good. I would have gone Lacy/AJ Green pr Jimmy Graham (assuming you have a snake draft) and Brown over V. Davis in the 3rd, but that is simply personal preference.

With that way that draft fell I would have taken Lynch first, then Graham. Would have been fun to have been there. I think she did pretty good with all the chaotic choices going on around her. It is pretty obvious that the others in the league really wernt going to give her very good advice.

kearly

Reaction score
She did a good job. Way better than my first draft, hands down.

You know what I think of Lynch. Great pick. I think Sankey is pretty under-rated in fantasy this year but 4th is too early. To me he's a round 6-8 option as a #3 RB. It's not even totally determined if he will start for them in week 1. Freeman is another player I like but 8th feels too early for a guy that probably won't do anything this season.

I liked that you got Knowshon Moreno super late. He's not going to put up last year's production, but if he so much as shows a pulse in the next preseason game then you just got yourself a bell-cow back with top end receiving skills with a late round pick.

Dez, Floyd, Sanders? Not bad. Riley Cooper is giving me "breakout" vibes, he's the epitome of an excellent bench WR, especially in the 11th round.

Vernon Davis was a slight reach and now you'll have to root for a 49er. But I'm sure it won't kill you.

I'm not sure how to feel about Tampa's defense this year, can Lovie work his magic in year one? Solid pick. Dawson on the other hand...

Locker is a wasted pick, but that's okay because your last bench spot is basically "Mr. Irrelevant" anyway. Luck in the 5th round is not optimal value, but it's hard to criticize it since it's such a safe pick.

Overall, I'd give this a B+. Looking at those rosters, I'd say you have one of the five or six best teams in your league. With average luck you should have just enough to make the fantasy playoffs.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Overall not bad, some of the picks were reaches, but others were value. Dez and Marshawn in a 12 team league isn't bad, and I feel good about Luck. Work the waiver wire hard for RBs and maybe try to package a WR RB combo to get an upgrade at RB. Having only 1 legit starter (on paper) is going to hurt, but I like the potential of Sankey, Freeman, West, and Moreno.

Lol at Kearse not having a pre printed tag

I would target Ben (since he obviously has no clue) and try to trade for Ryan, Stacy and Wright with Luck and a combo of other players not named Dez/Marshawn

If it's PPR, try to get Woodhead

Drop Locker ASAP and pick up the best WR/RB available

Threedee

Reaction score
Tech: The fact that you got Lynch in the 2nd Round is a win, right there. I don't think a TE not named Jimmy Graham is worth a 3rd Round pick, but it looks like you got what you wanted in subsequent rounds anyway.

I'm in a Keeper league at work that started last year (my second year of Fantasy overall). I will be keeping Cordarelle Patterson, Ball, and Alfred Morris (not keeping the optional 4th player, though). I'll check in for my own feedback after I draft on the 31st.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2ysugm4i said:
So what happens if luck gets hurt? You saying if I dump locker that I can get another qb later somehow?

Yes, you're going to start Luck every week other than the bye week, keeping Locker prevents you from possibly picking up a WR/RB that could help your team right away, last year Stacy and Thomas were FA pickups for a majority of fantasy playoff teams. Every year there are a few players that weren't drafted that have big years.

If Luck gets hurt, you can easily pick up another starting QB from the waiver wire, as you can during the bye week as well. If you really want a 2nd qb, I prefer Tannehill over Locker .

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I don't see Hyde on the board, I would pick him up right away, he is one of the top backup RBs being drafted and I picked him in the 10th rd in a league I also picked gore in.

kearly

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1nniecaz said:
So what happens if luck gets hurt? You saying if I dump locker that I can get another qb later somehow?

Luck is literally the last player in the NFL I expect to get injured.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
OK. I dumped Locker and picked up Dwane Bowe. Also dumped Devante Freeman and picked up C. Hyde.

Those were the highest rated players left at their positions.

Sac

Reaction score
I would have kept Freeman. IMHO Steven Jackson is far more likely to get benched because of injury and effectiveness than Gore is. Freeman is a stud, and he'll end the season with a lot of touches.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Does Ben where a hockey helmet..but hes not on a team? I aspire to his level of homerism.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't know why you think it's a bad draft some of those players are going to really pop for you. I think she did pretty well.:)

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3i6nlo7b said:
I would have kept Freeman. IMHO Steven Jackson is far more likely to get benched because of injury and effectiveness than Gore is. Freeman is a stud, and he'll end the season with a lot of touches.
OK. Well sounds like I made a mistake. I don't follow other teams too closely and didn't really think or consider Steven Jackson. I just figured with their crappy offensive line and with Ryan having his receivers back that they wouldn't run the ball much at all or with any success.

Sac

Reaction score
Not really a mistake. Hyde is a good pickup as well, it's just you have niner stink on you now.