Sarlacc's team. Thoughts?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
12 team Non PPR. First overall. (Yes, I picked ADP instead of J. Charles or L. McCoy. I also planned to have 2 TEs, but my commissioner screwed me by not importing the extra 4th round pick I should have received from a trade last year - planned on grabbing Gronkowski with it. Would have lost my 9th. Planning on picking up a 2nd TE after first game cuts when people overreact. In order.)

Format QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/Flex
1. Adrian Peterson RB
2. Antonio Brown WR
3. Alfred Morris RB
4. Michael Crabtree WR (Yes, I felt really dirty.)
5. Andrew Luck QB
6. Golden Tate WR
7. Dennis Pitta TE
8. Emmanuel Sanders WR
9. Trent Richardson RB
10. DeAndre Hopkins WR
11. Devonta Freeman RB
12. Mark Ingram RB
13. Danny Amendola WR
14. Tampa Bay D
15. Alex Henery.

I usually dump my K and DEF once the dust settles, so they're purely speculative. I'm kind of eyeing J. Stewart (Carolina, RB) on the waiver wire for Devonta Freeman, though.

kearly

Reaction score
Good start, weak finish. Of course, how you finish isn't extremely important, so overall I'd say this is a pretty good team.

The one thing I'd make fun of you for is that your 3rd RB in a flex league is Trent Richardson. Which pretty much means Sanders is going to be your flex guy. That's not terrible, but far less than optimal (unless you really believe in your heart that Sanders is going to put up monster numbers and justify a WR flex). I do like Sanders, especially after Welker had his 50 billionth concussion, but Sanders is going to be the 4th most popular target on a team he's barely played with. Having a guy like that as your flex is the FF equivalent of DH'ing Endy Chavez.

I like all of your first 8 picks, though I do think you could have gotten Golden Tate later on and the rest of the first 8 picks all feel like "par" value with no standout steals.

Solid team that is pretty risk averse, which I like. I wish they'd let you name teams after drafting. For a team like this, I'd go with "I Pitta the fool."

OP
OP
Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The Tate pick would have gone 1 after where I got him. He will also likely be my weekly flex.

The end of the draft got really tight in a hurry. Especially when someone dug out Hakeem Nicks at 105.

The loss of the 4th rounder really hurt my strategy. I'm also less risk prone after doing that 2 years in a row then having it backfire. Then there's the matter of 2 picks at a time practically guaranteeing a few reaches and the helplessness as great value picks go poof ahead of me. We'll see.

It's also a dreaded 6 point TD pass league so a top QB is paramount.

kearly

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1oossatz said:
Then there's the matter of 2 picks at a time practically guaranteeing a few reaches and the helplessness as great value picks go poof ahead of me. We'll see.

Ouch. I didn't realize you were picking back to back. Like you said, that's definitely going to increase the odds of reaching especially in a 12 man league with 22 pick intervals. I remember picking #1 overall in 2012 and having three players I badly wanted make it 3 picks away from my 3rd rounder. And then they went, poof, poof, poof right in front of me.

How do you know Tate would go next? Friend tell you that? If so, good pick. Just thought I'd point out that in most drafts Tate is going in rounds 10-12. Insane value.

OP
OP
Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kearly":3dj302en said:
Sarlacc83":3dj302en said:
Then there's the matter of 2 picks at a time practically guaranteeing a few reaches and the helplessness as great value picks go poof ahead of me. We'll see.

Ouch. I didn't realize you were picking back to back. Like you said, that's definitely going to increase the odds of reaching especially in a 12 man league with 22 pick intervals. I remember picking #1 overall in 2012 and having three players I badly wanted make it 3 picks away from my 3rd rounder. And then they went, poof, poof, poof right in front of me.

How do you know Tate would go next? Friend tell you that? If so, good pick. Just thought I'd point out that in most drafts Tate is going in rounds 10-12. Insane value.

My dad texted me about drafting Tate. I avoid high ranked Seahawks in mocks because I know he'll beat me to the punch. (Lot of different team fans in the league. Makes it a little easier to guess who might go where.)

kearly

Reaction score
Derp. You are right, Tate is your flex player. Sanders is a really nice 4th WR.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Im going to predict that Ingram becomes your 3rd RB and your flex. Pierre is getting far fewer touches now and they are looking to make Ingram more of "the man". Could be wrong, but I would recommend being patient with Ingram, he could end up being better than some people think this year.