Trade proposal

arghawkfan

Reaction score
I was offered the following package in one of my leagues today, I'm tempted to take it to upgrade my TE position.

I am being offered Percy Harvin and Julius Thomas for Randall Cobb and Jordan Reed

I need some input to ensure that my seahawks goggles don't have me accept a bad trade

My current team

QB

Matt Ryan
Russell Wilson

RB

Demarco Murray
Andre Ellington
Frank Gore
Ben tate
Carlos Hyde

WR

Demarius Thomas
Randall Cobb
Cordarelle Patterson
Torrey Smith

TE

Jordan Reed
Zach Ertz

K

Phil Dawson

Def

Houston

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I see it as a pretty good TE upgrade, with a downgrade to WR. I'm not sure how many targets PH is going to get, Cobb should be a more consistent week to week scorer, but Percy will probably be more boom and bust.

You look pretty good at WR, how many teams are in the league?

It's a good offer, I think the TE upgrade would push me in the direction of accepting since you have other good WR.

kearly

Reaction score
Even though that's a fair offer on paper, I would turn it down.

A lot of people are calling Ertz this year's Julius Thomas. Between those two TEs you have, the upgrade from them to Thomas is going to be minimal.

And while I think Harvin is going to key Seattle's offense this year, I think his fantasy value is unlikely to blow the doors off and he also carries a ton of injury risk. I might okay this trade if you had a really good #4 WR, but to me Torrey Smith is just a smidge above replacement level. You don't want Smith as a potential starting WR.

I think your team is better as is. Really good team btw.

OP
OP
A

arghawkfan

Reaction score
Thanks Kearly, my rationale on torrey Smith was his role with Gary Kubiak. In seasons past, I viewed Torrey Smith as a 1 trick pony with his deep routes, but I'm curious to see if Kubiak can utilize Smith in the same way he did with Andre Johnson and Pierre Garcon in the x receiver spot. I will admit that Garcon and Johnson are better route runners than Smith, but If he can improve his short and intermediate routes, i think his stats could improve substantially. Alot of if's, but time will tell

I do, as always appreciate your feedback

Timmahawk

Reaction score
It's really a coin flip, JT should be more consistent than Reed, Cobb more than Harvin.

If Ertz does blow up, JT has an early bye week 4, and you could flip Ertz for someone else after that.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I have Randall Cobb and Jordan Reed in my team and I wouldnt take that trade.

Probably the kiss of death but I have a really good feeling for Reed although he could be hindered greatly by his QB.