I gave in - rate my first ever fantasy lineup

thehands816

Reaction score
I've never played FF before, but have always been interested. I gave in this year. I'm in a 14-team league, and got stuck drafting 10th. I was lucky to get Megatron. Outside of that, every time I picked, every player I wanted at that pick was gone just in time for my pick. Here's what I ended up with. Let me know what you think...

QB: RGIII
WR: Megatron
WR: Keenan Allen
WR: DeSean Jackson
RB: Alfred Morris
RB: Joique Bell
TE: Martellus Bennett
K: Brandon McManus (Den)
D/ST: Kansas City

BN QB: Andy Dalton
BN RB: Knowshon Moreno
BN RB: Fred Jackson
BN WR: Brandin Cooks
BN WR: Jerrico Cotchery
BN WR: Harry Douglas

Birdfinger

Reaction score
14 teamer? I think you did fantastic! Your starters are really good. I'm not real high on Bennett but in a 14 team league you could do worse. Dalton did better in fantasy last year than many give him credit for. Could thing you have him cuz I'm not sure of RGIII staying healthy. He'll mess himself up on a slide or something. The rest of the bench you could churn as needed when FA's flash. Cooks may hit though.

Well done!

You know, many people play in multiple leagues... ;)

OP
OP
thehands816

thehands816

Reaction score
Birdfinger":2pr66itx said:
14 teamer? I think you did fantastic! Your starters are really good. I'm not real high on Bennett but in a 14 team league you could do worse. Dalton did better in fantasy last year than many give him credit for. Could thing you have him cuz I'm not sure of RGIII staying healthy. He'll mess himself up on a slide or something. The rest of the bench you could churn as needed when FA's flash. Cooks may hit though.

Well done!

You know, many people play in multiple leagues... ;)

Thanks! I was worried about RGIII staying healthy and with talks of regression in his mechanics, but he was the best option available and has the potential to hit. I was glad to get Dalton, though, just in case.

I'm a little worried about my kicker, but there just weren't many options. I went with McManus simply because I think Denver will be in position to score often. I was also looking at the rookie Cody Parkey in Philly.

Cooks is my sleeper. I think he's going to be huge.

Moreno is a bit of an unknown, but I thought worthy of a bench spot considering the options that were available.

The rest of my bench is going to have to be churned. I'm watching Travis Kelce and Chris Ivory.

I know many people play in multiple leagues, but since this if my first year doing it, I just wanted to focus on one to start with. Maybe I'll try another one next year.

kearly

Reaction score
With all the depth at TE I'm surprised you had to settle for Bennett, who's been on a bit of a downhill slope lately.

I'm not a believer in RG3 this year but I liked that you got Dalton to offset the risk. Personally, I would start Dalton in week 1 and keep him starting until RG3 proves his worth.

I think your 3-6 WRs are going to be a problem for you. Jackson is hit or miss in fantasy, and if RG3 struggles so will Jackson. Cooks, Cotchery, and Douglas are unlikely to help you if forced to start.

Other than that, I thought the rest of your draft was superb. You did a great job identifying and scooping up some of the more under-rated RBs. Your top 2 WRs are very good. Dalton could help you out at QB. KC is a good defense to start with. Getting McManus was a crafty maneuver.

OP
OP
thehands816

thehands816

Reaction score
kearly":2l0x6uwj said:
With all the depth at TE I'm surprised you had to settle for Bennett, who's been on a bit of a downhill slope lately.

I'm not a believer in RG3 this year but I liked that you got Dalton to offset the risk. Personally, I would start Dalton in week 1 and keep him starting until RG3 proves his worth.

I think your 3-6 WRs are going to be a problem for you. Jackson is hit or miss in fantasy, and if RG3 struggles so will Jackson. Cooks, Cotchery, and Douglas are unlikely to help you if forced to start.

Other than that, I thought the rest of your draft was superb. You did a great job identifying and scooping up some of the more under-rated RBs. Your top 2 WRs are very good. Dalton could help you out at QB. KC is a good defense to start with. Getting McManus was a crafty maneuver.

Bennett was truly the best option available at TE when I picked him. They dropped like flies before I was able to pick.

I was a little worried about RGIII too. I was already thinking of starting Dalton and waiting to see what RGIII does, especially considering that he's facing the Texans with Watt and Clowney gunning for him week 1. He might just get killed.

Cotchery and Douglas were late round snags that I will look to churn later. I think Cooks has the potential to do big things.

Thanks for the input! Picking 10th was a hell of a challenge, but I think I did okay.