Jordan Reed or Jordan Cameron?

bbsplitter

Reaction score
Regular CBS league, not PPR.

Reed plays Texans, Cameron is up against Steelers.

Everywhere I look the majority of "experts" are recommending to start Reed, which confuses me to some degree. RG3 has sucked so far, and with the Texans D-Line (J.J. and Clowney) there to torture him all night long, I don't see this game being the game he gets the chance to improve. Also they point out that the Texans were pretty bad at covering TE's last year, but the Texans have a new coach this year... so that point might not necessarily be true again this year.

arghawkfan

Reaction score
Cameron is rated higher as a player, but I think favoring Reed comes down to a couple of other factors. Josh Gordon's suspension automatically changes Cleveland's focus to more of a running team given their lack of options in the passing game.

On the flipside of this, it means that although Cameron will see more targets come his way, he will also be the main focus of the defense and see double coverage. Pitt will most likely have Shazier and or Troy P covering Cameron which is not very favorable IMO. Jordan Reed will benefit from defenses accounting for D Jackson and Garcon and will have more space to run against the Texans, it's not a sure thing and it sucks leaving Cameron on your bench, but I believe Week 1 favors Reed slightly.

Best of Luck

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Cameron is supposed to be a main target. I'm going with him because he has a far higher upside.

Like em both though.