Andre Ellington Injury- Roster management help needed

arghawkfan

Reaction score
The following is my team, and in wake of the Andre Ellington injury news, I need feedback on what people would do to in terms of roster moves.

Option A

Hold onto Ellington and let his injury heal (supposed to be muscle related and no surgery possibly 3-5 weeks recovery

Option B
Release Ellington and pickup Jonathan Dwyer his ideal replacement

Option C

Release another team player to add Jonathan Dwyer

Given the depth of my team, its difficult to release any player without fear of them getting picked up. Carlos Hyde is valuable to me because of the handcuff factor with Frank Gore and both TE's are valuable. Any help is appreciated

QB

Matt Ryan
Russell Wilson

RB

Demarco Murray
Andre Ellington
Frank Gore
Ben tate
Carlos Hyde

WR

Demarius Thomas
Randall Cobb
Cordarelle Patterson
Torrey Smith

TE

Jordan Reed
Zach Ertz

K

Phil Dawson

Def

Houston

SonicHawk

Reaction score
You can probably get rid of Hyde and pick up Dwyer. Does anyone think Hyde will be relevant in the first few weeks?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Weird; I would keep Hyde because I think he's going to have a pretty big game against Dallas. I would personally hold serve and start Gore or Tate.

OP
OP
A

arghawkfan

Reaction score
I think Hyde has value for sure, he will take over for Gore at some point and I think he will be great behind that Line....i can't bring myself to drop him

Lithium

Reaction score
I have Ellington too, Im not gonna panic, just gonna start Trent *gulp* Richardson until Ellington is back. May pick someone up after the first few weeks when players roles are little more clear.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
I'd probably drop Ertz. If it's a 10-team league I don't think anyone would bother grabbing Ertz off the waivers. I also believe that Ertz will struggle to make a fantasy impact again.

kearly

Reaction score
Hold onto Ellington. Just understand that he's going to be more like Darren Sproles than Jamaal Charles. When he mends he won't kill you as a #2 RB.

Vetamur

Reaction score
They've changed from saying he will miss extensive time to saying he's a game time decision .. But he plays Monday night. So, yea, hold onto him but bench him this week.