Trade help needed

getnasty

Reaction score
Ok im in a 14 team league we start 2 rbs 3 wrs and a flex. A buddy of mine wants to get Calvin Johnson and is offering Keenan Allen and Gio Bernard. Would you make that deal? Im leaning on accepting it do to the fact im starting Bishop Sanky/Terrence West in my flex right now. Thanks for any advice

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I wouldnt do that...Gio Bernard is tempting but CJ is money all day every day

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Starting Line up now
QB-R. Wilson
RB-M. Ball
RB-L. Bell
WR-C. Johnson
WR-P. Garcon
WR-C. Patterson
TE-J. Reed
Flex-Sankey/Shorts/West

I think that the extra depth of Gio in the RB spot would be really nice in a 14 team league once bye start coming into play

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I could see why you would want to do that but I think you should stand...pick up Matt Asiata

he's taking AP's place against the Patriots, with rookie Jerick McKinnon taking over as the No. 2 back. This case might go for a while

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Damn, how did you end up with that roster in a 14 team league?

I'd keep Megatron since your roster is pretty solid already.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Pass, Mega is worth at least one of the top 5 RB's not two okay players.

Brithawk

Reaction score
Not even close, Jeremy Hill will be poaching off Gio. Gio is flashy but his average is terrible, sure I read he was on about 3.5ypc

OP
OP
G

getnasty

Reaction score
Ok so i've been offered another trade, now a guy wants Calvin and Monte Ball for Demetrius Thomas and Demarco Murray. I'm Leaning toward accepting this offer, I think Murray is a beast but his health worries me a bit. What do you think?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
getnasty":us9u6i5r said:
Ok so i've been offered another trade, now a guy wants Calvin and Monte Ball for Demetrius Thomas and Demarco Murray. I'm Leaning toward accepting this offer, I think Murray is a beast but his health worries me a bit. What do you think?

This is a better deal, it's an even swap value-wise but I guess it depends on how you feel about the players offered to the ones you own. If I was you I wouldn't deal them since you get about the same in return, in other words you don't get better you just kind of laterally move and lose Megatron. If Thomas/Murray + another RB2 or a WR2 is on the table (Le'von Bell or Alfred Morris / Randall Cobb or Maclin) I'd take that offer however.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I like the Gio part of the trade, but Keenan just isn't good enough compensation.

I would actually consider this trade, but I think you can get a bit more. This is closer than people are giving credit since Gio is getting HUGE touches and doing well. Keenan Allen is a high upside guy as well. Get his #1 WR.

kearly

Reaction score
Calvin is in a bit of a slump this year. Could just be randomness, or it could be the new offense isn't that great. I would consider trading him for the right price.

I would take that second trade in a heartbeat. Ball just isn't that good, the upgrade from Ball to Murray is enormous. And if Murray gets hurt, his handcuff backup will probably have good production too since Dallas' OL is so damn good right now. In fact, I bet that even if Murray gets hurt, his backup Joseph Randle would score more than a healthy Ball would.

On the other side of the coin, dealing Megatron for Demarius is not much of a concession. Remember, these were the 1A / 1B WRs at the start of the year. Megatron might be worth 3 cents on the dollar more than Thomas. Both have been disappointing this year. I think you could trade them straight up and it wouldn't even be a terrible trade, especially since Thomas was obviously impacted by the Seahawks game and isn't being held back by a new offense like Calvin is.

I think that's a very generous offer by your trade buddy. He must be terrified of Murray getting hurt and is trying to sell high. Let him. As long as you have Murray's handcuff, this is at worst a break-even trade for you, and best case scenario it's a huge win.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Calvin is dinged up right now. And competing for balls more than ever. Gio is on one of the hottest teams, he is getting the goal line carries, and Cincy runs the ball a shit ton at home.

The first trade isn't awful at all.

How are you doing record wise in that league? That matters too. What is the scoring method? All things that matter.