Desperate times

Timmahawk

Reaction score
In light of what happened, it's really not desperate, a 4 yr old was beaten to put it all in perspective...

But yeah, here is my team in the only money league I'm in.

QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, WR/RB, WR/TE. 1 PPR

AP - out
Alshon - hobbled
Stacy - RBBC/terrible offense
Gronk - recovering
Djax - hobbled
Gore - I'll take what I've gotten
Cam - recovering but looks solid moving forward
TWill - inconsistent
Hunter - inconsistent
Quick - waiver wire pickup
Hyde - handcuff for now
Kelce - I'm happy with
Gordon - snagged off the wire when his suspension was reduced, no help now
Landry/Freeman - best guys to stash

Somehow I'm 1-1 and there is only 1 team out of 12 that's 2-0. I've scored the least points in the league.

So today I get this offer and accepted: Gronk for Percy, Bennett, Asiata. And I dropped Landry/Freeman. Depth is crucial with all the starting spots and league size.

Thoughts?

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
That was a good trade for you I think. Gronk is really limited right now and he's not seeing too many snaps so I think you got good value in return.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Is this one DP spot or more than one?

Yeah, that's rough but Asiata should atl the very least be steady 10-15 most weeks just from volume.

I'd of kept Landry/Freeman cause S/LB > DL any day unless we are talking about Watt or something.

OP
OP
Timmahawk

Timmahawk

Reaction score
No def players. Landry is rookie WR from dolphins. Freeman is ATL backup rb.

And Bennett is Martellus, Chi TE :)

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Oh, wow that is confusing, I spent all morning looking for a LB today for an emergency fill in so I was thinking D players, haha.

Last year I had Cameron Jordan and Jordan Cameron on the same team :?

OP
OP
Timmahawk

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I feel good about it, now I'm not so reliant on Hunter or TWill breaking out and if Kelce keeps getting targets from Smith, I could still have 2 top 12 TEs. Asiata helps cover my bye week conundrum for next week too (had Gore, Hyde & Freeman as the only available and I'm matched up against a pretty beatable team).

Honestly, with this team, I'm hoping for 8-5 to sneak me into the playoffs and hopefully Flash stays away from the mj so I get him for the stretch run.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
That was a bad trade.

Asiata just isn't that good and he'll be sharing snaps with a rookie with WAY more talent than him (who will eventually take the job if AP doesn't return).

Percy is inconsistent in his touches... for some unknown reason and Bennet, like most TE is a crapshoot because their value is in the RZ.

Gronk however, is only going to get more healthy and become a better target.

OP
OP
Timmahawk

Timmahawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3bvun8w0 said:
That was a bad trade.

Asiata just isn't that good and he'll be sharing snaps with a rookie with WAY more talent than him (who will eventually take the job if AP doesn't return).

Percy is inconsistent in his touches... for some unknown reason and Bennet, like most TE is a crapshoot because their value is in the RZ.

Gronk however, is only going to get more healthy and become a better target.

I needed the depth. This is a 12 team league with 8 WR/RB/TE starters per team. PPR 1. The move this week netted me 19 pts more than what I would have gotten had I stayed put. I would have had Gore as my RB2 for the rest of the year in a PPR league...and was looking at starting both Gore and Hyde week 4 due to my only other RB being Stacy.

I'm usually not a fan of trading away studs like Gronk, and in a 10 team standard format wouldn't have done it, but I had to make a move since two of my bench spots are being taken up by AP and Gordon.