Should I do this trade?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I am in deseprate need of RBs as Marshawn is my only real option there.

Mind you I have Jay Cutler as my starting QB and Julius Thomas as my starting TE right now:

I trade Cam Newton, Bernard Pierce, Dwayne Bowe and Greg Olsen for Tom Brady, Pierre Thomas, Kendall Wright and Charles Clay.

What are your opinions?

The biggest thing for me is possibly losing Greg Olsen, guy has been solid for me at the TE/FLEX position.

ManBunts

Reaction score
How many teams in the league?

So you need RBs, but would give up Pierce for Thomas? So you're not actually gaining a RB, just moving. Laterally if not downward.

I don't like it to be honest. It's a downgrade in my opinion. I'd say hunt on waivers or go for a bigger fish. TEs are hard to come by, package Olsen and Newton together to someone flush with RBs and weak at TE

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Forgot to add that this is a PPR league if that makes a difference.

Well Bernard Pierce is gonna join a committee with the Ravens with Forsett and Teleferro once he comes back from his thigh injury. Thomas gets a good dose of both carries and catches which helps in a PPR

Also, I have altered the trade to where I don't trade Olsen at all. It would be a Cam/Pierce for Brady/Thomas.

getnasty

Reaction score
I would stay patient and see what else you can get for Cam and Olsen, I also would think about trading Thomas and keeping Olsen. Olsen is probably a Top 5 TE but you'll never get that kind of value for him. I bet you could get a really good back for Thomas.

ManBunts

Reaction score
I like the thought on dealing Thomas, but a TE that could is a game changer with the disparities there are between Graham/Gronk/Thomas...and everyone else. If you did that, you'd better pick up something huge for it.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well I decided to be part of a 3 team trade instead of this one, although I think I got burned in it, I needed to do something I am a very unimpressive 1-2 to start the season. After all is said and done, I traded Julius Thoman, Julian Edelman and Knowshow Moreno for Demarco Murray, DeAndre Hopkins and Delanie Walker.

Also I earlier I traded Cam and Benard Pierce for Tom Brady and Pierre Thomas. Nothing too exciting and Cam just doesn't seem like he will be able to get the rushing yards and TDs he has gotten in the past because of the injuries. Plus, Pierre Thomas has always been a good get in PPR leagues.

And after all of these moves, this is what my team looks like:

QB Jay Cutler
QB Tom Brady
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Demarco Murray
RB Doug Martin
RB Pierre Thomas
RB Donald Brown
WR TY Hilton
WR Eddie Royal
WR DeAndre Hopkins
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Percy Harvin
TE Greg Olsen
TE Delanie Walker

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I like the value you got out of the big trade. Leaves you with the top 2 RBs so far this year. The other trade I don't like since you traded a potential top 5 qb for backups, it might not hurt you though since Cutler has been producing so far.

kearly

Reaction score
Bunch of waiver wire names in the OP. And Olsen, who's been good.

I'd have looked for a team that needs TE really badly and see if you can sell Olsen for a fringe #2 RB. Pierre Thomas is a #4 or #5 RB to me.

Cam and Benard Pierce for Tom Brady and Pierre Thomas is a great trade, for the other guy. Brady's days as an elite QB appear to be over, and Cam has some upside if he gets healthy. Khiry Robinson is gonna be the guy for the Saints, Thomas will always be a committee back with very limited production. An emergency RB at best. Pierce isn't great either but he's more likely to see 15+ touches a game going forward than Thomas is, unless the new RB really runs away with it. Most fantasy experts I listen to have Pierce decently high still, certainly above Thomas. I think this trade straight up hurt your team, or at best, you swapped one set of problems for another.

The other trade you made is okay, if Murray stays healthy. It's kind of an interesting deal because you sold high on Julius and the other guy sold high on DeMarco. Should be interesting to see who gets the last laugh in that one. At least in your case, you still have Olsen to fall back on. So this was probably a good trade.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
You could use an upgrade at WR, I'd be picking up a wr every week until you find that Josh Gordon out there.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
kearly":6bxr8xg4 said:
Bunch of waiver wire names in the OP. And Olsen, who's been good.

I'd have looked for a team that needs TE really badly and see if you can sell Olsen for a fringe #2 RB. Pierre Thomas is a #4 or #5 RB to me.

Cam and Benard Pierce for Tom Brady and Pierre Thomas is a great trade, for the other guy. Brady's days as an elite QB appear to be over, and Cam has some upside if he gets healthy. Khiry Robinson is gonna be the guy for the Saints, Thomas will always be a committee back with very limited production. An emergency RB at best. Pierce isn't great either but he's more likely to see 15+ touches a game going forward than Thomas is, unless the new RB really runs away with it. Most fantasy experts I listen to have Pierce decently high still, certainly above Thomas. I think this trade straight up hurt your team, or at best, you swapped one set of problems for another.

The other trade you made is okay, if Murray stays healthy. It's kind of an interesting deal because you sold high on Julius and the other guy sold high on DeMarco. Should be interesting to see who gets the last laugh in that one. At least in your case, you still have Olsen to fall back on. So this was probably a good trade.

Well..............this kinda depressed me. I just don't see Cam getting those rushing yards and rushing TDs we are accustomed too, plus in a PPR league Pierre does pretty well as he is the main receiving RB for the Saints.

My WRs are hurting right now, but my team wasn't going anywhere as it stood so I decided it would be best to make some changes.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
As a flyer, in PPR, you've probably thought about this but is Dennard Robinson available? I know the Jags O is kind of struggling right now but he could be a cheap change of pace back that could get hot late in the season. He's already splitting carries and getting snaps as a 3rd down back, might be worth an add.