Epic Fantasy Fail

minormillikin

Reaction score
I had a very slight lead going into Sunday night. My opponent was already done with no one else left to go.

I was sure to win comfortably. Panthers defense on Sunday night, and Brandon Marshall on Monday. Injured or not, Marshall has always been a very reliable receiver. And the Panthers, while not what they once we're, were likely good for a few points against the Steelers.

Panthers scored negative three, and Marshall scored less than one point. Only needing one more short catch from Marshall, I lost.

The real salt in the wound: Marshall caught a TD that was called back for a penalty.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
When you have the win, bench your players.

OP
OP
minormillikin

minormillikin

Reaction score
That's good advice. I was kind of hoping for a ridiculous blowout because I like big numbers (and shiny objects).

Timmahawk

Reaction score
This happened to me a few years ago, so when it came up last year, I dropped my def for a team on a bye week that had a favorable matchup the following week. Points can make a difference though since it is a main tiebreaker and I missed the playoffs last year in one of my leagues due to points...

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I think that was against me. The worst part is my team crapped the bed and I still eeked out a win.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1ad9p3tc said:

This is good advice unless you're in a league like mine where points is the first tie breaker.

Also, I headed into Sunday night with a 15 point lead and only Antonio Brown to go vs. Carolina and Jay Cutler. Suffice it to say, I was a big fan of the Panthers collapse.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Tiebreaker isn't necessary if you win ;).

ManBunts

Reaction score
SonicHawk":28zc8uss said:

In my opinion, not cool. Keep a full roster and play it out. It's FF. Stuff happens. Sucky way to lose, but that's how the football gods roll

SonicHawk

Reaction score
ManBunts":2xj9e21a said:
SonicHawk":2xj9e21a said:

In my opinion, not cool. Keep a full roster and play it out. It's FF. Stuff happens. Sucky way to lose, but that's how the football gods roll

Says the loser.

:p