AP - keep or drop

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Most people are holding on to him, hoping(?) he comes back late in the year for a playoff run.

What are your thoughts on dropping him? I'm in a pretty big money league and have him and Gordon taking up two precious bench spots.

If he comes back, I will have the deepest team for the stretch run...but there are some guys I'd like to pick up.

I am also considering dropping Hyde and/or Hunter, but like the idea of stashing them on my bench knowing they could pop, while AP might not touch the field for the rest of the year.

Another option is shopping Gordon to see what I can get out of him and another one of my guys in a two for one deal. It's a deep league and plenty of teams have a weak bench.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Im in a $500 league and we have him (i split with a friend) on our IR. Luckily he's not taking up a roster spot but Doug Martin is also out so I've been screwed

In your situation though, I'd drop him if you really need a contributor now

ManBunts

Reaction score
First, is this a keeper league? That might be the only reason to keep him. Otherwise, he's not coming back this year. No matter what he says, he's going to get all the fallout from the NFL's mishandle of Rice. There are doctors reports, photos, etc documenting the kid's injuries. You don't come back from that. Shop him just to see if there's a hopeful sucker out there. If not drop him.

OP
OP
Timmahawk

Timmahawk

Reaction score
It's not a keeper league, and I'm with you guys, I don't think he is coming back.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Even if Peterson goes through a plea deal or gets hit with the charges, I doubt he goes to jail. If he doesn't, it's likely a 6 game suspension. (Probably is, either way.) So if they count the past 2 against him, there's only 4 more to go. That's how I look at it, anyway.

Then again, I have Asiata, Ridley, and Alfred Morris, with Mark Ingram coming back soon, so I feel like I can afford to wait.

OP
OP
Timmahawk

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I'm holding off for now. There isn't anyone I absolutely have to have. If a RB pops though, I'm going to almost be forced to go get him since my depth is crap right now.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":12n4l80n said:
Even if Peterson goes through a plea deal or gets hit with the charges, I doubt he goes to jail. If he doesn't, it's likely a 6 game suspension. (Probably is, either way.) So if they count the past 2 against him, there's only 4 more to go. That's how I look at it, anyway.

Then again, I have Asiata, Ridley, and Alfred Morris, with Mark Ingram coming back soon, so I feel like I can afford to wait.

6? No way. Jail or not, this is a goodwill/PR game the NFL is playing. The Vikes will want to distance himself from them as fast as possible. Another team MAY pick him up next season when the noise has died down, but I seriously doubt, in the wake of multiple abuse problems with players, no matter how huge of a star he is, teams will want to risk the fallout of playing him this year.

If he's cleared, then yeah, they'll reinstate him in a heartbeat.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Oh, if only one could have placed a bet in Vegas that people would be dropping a healthy AP from fantasy leagues a month ago. :lol:

kearly

Reaction score
I cut him a few days ago. The Vikings have gone on record saying that AP will not play until his court issues are fully resolved, and that's not going to happen in the next 3 months. Even if by some miracle they did, AP is almost guaranteed to face an Aldon Smith type of suspension from Goodell after that. There is no way the NFL will allow Rice or AP to play this season after all the damage they did to the league and to Goodell. It's just impossible. This goes way beyond your typical suspension case.

There's also the report from Mort which says AP is done in Minny for good. I trust Mort as a reporter, and he's citing team sources. Keep in mind that Minny has done NOTHING to deny the report. AP will have to catch on with another team, and it's possible he's taken his last snap in the NFL.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kearly":3n258b8y said:
I cut him a few days ago. The Vikings have gone on record saying that AP will not play until his court issues are fully resolved, and that's not going to happen in the next 3 months. Even if by some miracle they did, AP is almost guaranteed to face an Aldon Smith type of suspension from Goodell after that. There is no way the NFL will allow Rice or AP to play this season after all the damage they did to the league and to Goodell. It's just impossible. This goes way beyond your typical suspension case.

There's also the report from Mort which says AP is done in Minny for good. I trust Mort as a reporter, and he's citing team sources. Keep in mind that Minny has done NOTHING to deny the report. AP will have to catch on with another team, and it's possible he's taken his last snap in the NFL.

The way Asiata and McKinnon played today, I could definitely see this happening. I'm waiting to see what happens after the preliminary hearing on the 3rd before I make my final decision.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
ASIATA!!! :34853_doh: I cut him a few days ago to save some room. I'm hoping i can still get McKinnon as I think down the road he will be worth more. Asiata is their bowling ball for the goal line rushes though. Grrrr.

Their WR Wright also might be legit, although Patterson was used as a decoy.

Teddy Throwsevelt (that's Roland's nickname for him btw) changes up everything.

OP
OP
Timmahawk

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I cut him today for Eli. I needed insurance for Newton and Eli has a favorable schedule moving forward.

Asiata was huge for me with 3 starters on byes. I'll be 3-1 and tied for first with two others.