Weirdest win or loss this season

kearly

Reaction score
In my alternate league, a 12 man standard scoring league with 2 RB / 2 WR / 2 FLEX, my team finally broke through this week scoring 141 points. My opponent had 117, needing roughly 25 points to win, and all he had left tonight was Stevan Ridley. I figured there was literally a 99.9% chance to win, except I failed to notice that my opponent had Jamaal Charles on his bench. He ended up swapping out Ridley for Charles minutes before the game started. Charles got 3 TDs and scored 29 points. I lost 146 to 141 after MNF.

I can't really complain too much, I've had some close wins earlier this year and things tend to balance out over a full season. It did get me to wonder what kind of epic wins or losses people have had this year. I'm sure their are much crazier stories than mine.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I had no biz winning this week. My opponent had the NY Giants TE so he was litterly spotted 20 something points on the Thursday game. I had most my players on byes. I was highly dependent on Andrew luck to have a huge weekend, which he did. Also started Vernon Davis this week. This is the second week in a row he goes out with an injury and gives me nothing. So with Lynch on the bye and Moreno injured I rolled with Sankey and Blount. They at least gave me some production. Last night I got a garbage time TD from Dez Bryant to actually give me a lead. I came into tonight's game needing a decent game from Bowe to balance out my opponent having Gronk.

I got it and more. Won by 9 points.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Last week going into SNF I was down 70-71. I was out of players and the oppoonent had Carolina D and Brandon Marshall so I wrote off the game. I didn't check it again until Tuesday morning and I was shocked I had won 70-69.

ManBunts

Reaction score
One matchup this week in my league: One team was down by 3 points with Gostkowski to go. Other team, nobody playing. As commish I do writeups each week, try to inject some humor into it and make it more than a simple "set your lineup and pray". I held off on writing her down as a win. I've been screwed by kickers in the past. Sure enough. Pats offense couldn't even get Gostkowski close enough to get 3 points. Gotta love fantasy football

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I don't have a weird win or loss, yet. (Fortunately I now lead the league in points after a 150 - 102 win, and I'm at 470 points overall so far.)

However, this week should be interesting. Playing against my friend, and his team is 3-1. He's only averaging 80 points a week, because his opponents are only averaging 68 against him. (I'm at 117 v. 101 against.) I refuse to lose against him, but if it happens, it'll be because something of that fits in this category.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Finally had a person pull out a .5 victory, he was losing and picked up Wilfork before Monday night, Wilfork had 5 tackles and scored 10 points, giving him the slimmest win of the season.

Another match in the same league, a guy was down and looked to be losing but then Gronk got that garbage time TD and he won by 6 points, lol.

Crazy scoring this week. :th2thumbs:

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I was up by like 10 with Gronk, Gostk, and a LB to play. He had Knile and Vereen. I had a good feeling since JC was back but you never know...

By the end of the 3rd quarter I was down by 4 and losing hope. Then Gronk happened and I pulled out the win by 2.5.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This wasn't me, but last week someone lost on a stat correction, after the waiver had finished. He won by 2 points, ended up losing by .09 and would have been like 3rd on the waiver order.

I've never seen a stat correction like that.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1w1hf8k1 said:
This wasn't me, but last week someone lost on a stat correction, after the waiver had finished. He won by 2 points, ended up losing by .09 and would have been like 3rd on the waiver order.

I've never seen a stat correction like that.

Last year I actually made the playoffs on a week 14 stat correction. Took away .2 points and I won which bumped me into 6th place and the final playoff spot.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":ge720to7 said:
Last year I actually made the playoffs on a week 14 stat correction. Took away .2 points and I won which bumped me into 6th place and the final playoff spot.

Epic.

Vetamur

Reaction score
This year I went with a "concede one game" strategy and had lots of players with week 4 bye in my money league. Didn't have enough roster spots to even start a full active team, and had to start Jamaal Charles even though I assumed he wouldn't play. Well, he did obviously and won me the game when couples with an unlucky opponent.