Drop Brady?

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I recently traded away Cam Newton and Tom Brady was part of the trade. Today, the person I traded Newton too dropped him. Should I drop Brady and pick up Cam? I know both are playing terrible right now, but why not?

kearly

Reaction score
Drop Brady. But avoid Cam.

Who are the QBs that are available? Even with the ankle injury, you should get Bridgewater ASAP if he's available. Eli is a good pickup right now too.

If I were in your situation, I'd grab those two QBs. If I could only get one, I'd look for a second QB to stash in case he gets good. Kirk Cousins and Austin Davis have shown explosive potential. I wouldn't start them any time soon, but it would be tempting to stash one in case he really puts it together. Both the Rams and the Skins play from behind a lot and those QBs are getting huge pass attempt numbers because of it.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well right now I have Jay Cutler as my starter so I am just currently looking for a backup.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I typically only roll with one QB if he's good enough, (Brees/Rodgers/Peyton) I am rolling with Luck this season and have Wilson as my backup but yeah, what Kearly said makes sense, I always pickup the guys with the highest upside or are unknown so Bridgewater and maybe Bortles.

Orton or Alex Smith might be decent adds if you are desperate to have another QB but I like to let it ride with one unless someone really good is sitting on waivers or my starter gets hurt.

I dropped Brady last season and avoided him this year, he was terrible in regards to fantasy.

Funny note, I had Brees last year, picked up and played Foles on Brees bye week when Foles got injured and had a terrible game, dropped Foles only to see him out score most other QB's the rest of the year but in keeping only one QB, I was able to pick up tons of depth everywhere else to win out. That extra roster spot is valuable, QB's outside of the top 3 or so are a wash really.

m0ng0

Reaction score
I thought I was smart last week when I dropped Brady and picked up Cousins and even as terrible as Cousins was he still net me more points then Brady. I got Eli off the waivers and I hope my QB is set for the rest of the year, the Giants schedule is so bad I hope he can put up numbers.

kearly

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1fdd6ls0 said:
Well right now I have Jay Cutler as my starter so I am just currently looking for a backup.

In that case, I would try to get Bridgewater as your backup. Bridgewater had 24 points in his first start. Granted, it was at home against a terrible defense, but the speed he plays the game is insane and I would expect him to be a force going forward unless the ankle issue is serious.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Bridgewater and Orton to me would be intriguing. Eli is worth a stash instead of still available, to see if his hot hand and the Giant's awakening is for real.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I don't mind stashing Cam. He is a top 5-10 QB when healthy and if he does get right, gives you the huge weeks pretty consistently. Bridgewater I'm not sold on yet, but I'm usually a late mover when it comes to QBs. If Eli is available, pick him up, their schedule is favorable and he is looking better in the new offense. Cutler has looked ok so far and has the offensive weapons to score a lot of fantasy points so going the 1 QB route should work for you as well.