Blockbuster trade proposal

arghawkfan

Reaction score
I am currently sitting in 1st in my league at 4-1, and my team has been performing very well. I was recently offered the following trade and cant decide whether i should continue the course with my current roster or make the trade.

Trade offer: I am sending out Demarco Murray and Randall Cobb in exchange for Dez Bryant and Jimmy Graham

My current team

QB Matt Ryan
RB Demarco Murray
RB Andre Ellington
WR Demaryius Thomas
WR Randall Cobb
FLEX: Frank Gore
TE Zach Ertz
Kicker Dan Bailey
Defense: Broncos

Bench
QB Russell Wilson
Ben Tate
Carlos Hyde
Cordarelle Patterson
Deandre Hopkins
Jordan Reed

New team

QB Matt Ryan
RB Andre Ellington
RB Frank Gore
WR Demarryius Thomas
WR Dez Bryant
Flex Ben tate
TE Jimmy Graham
Dan Bailey
Broncos

What do you guys think?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I like the idea of getting rid of Murray while he's at his absolute hottest. I like the upgrade at TE. I like playing Ben Tate. I like Dez Bryant. I really don't like losing Cobb. He's a serious RZ threat. Your bunch is full of nothing after that though.

If you're already 4-1 I don't know if I make that trade. Your trading Murray on the hopes he falls apart. That's the only benefit of this trade.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'd do it. Graham is a huge upgrade. Dez is a beast and you have a replacement for Murray already.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm on board with this one as well. I have my doubts about Murray holding up and now is a good time to sell high with him.

kearly

Reaction score
Dez and Cobb seem like an even swap to me. Cobb is more TD dependent, but it's not like he's getting fluky scores. Rodgers is looking for Cobb in the endzone A LOT this year. Maybe TD luck will even out and by the end of the year Dez will edge out Cobb slightly, but I think it will be very close.

If Murray stays healthy, the other guy wins the trade. But I guess that's the point of this deal isn't it? If Murray stays healthy, you will lose more points downgrading from him to Tate than you would gain them going from Ertz to Graham. But at least you'd sleep a little easier at night.

It's too bad you're stuck with the fantasy-over-rated Ertz. I can see how Graham would be appealing, even though his numbers are down and he's now playing with a sprained shoulder.

I would not take the deal, personally. I have a belief that you ride career year players to glory. And if he happens to get injured, that's life.

That's not to say this is a stupid trade, it's all about preferences. I made a trade last week that packaged Russell Wilson and Reshad Jennings for Matt Forte (he was DESPERATE for a QB, Wilson is a fantasy stud, and I already had Aaron Rodgers). Two days later Jennings got hurt. I made that trade in part because I knew the risk of seeing Jennings' value implode at any time with his injury history.

But if Jennings were putting up 140 rushing yards a game, I probably wouldn't have made that deal. Sometimes being the best means taking big chances.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I agree with Kearly (as my post above him stated ;) ).

I wouldn't make the trade at 4-1, but definitely at 1-4.

ManBunts

Reaction score
If you're at 4-1, I see no reason to make this trade. That's a strong team, and all the motivations to make the trade are predicated on Murray eventually falling from grace. But guess what? What if he doesn't? That Dallas o-line is a beauty. And what if Jimmy gets injured again? He's a TE, he takes shots, and the Saints offense has been lackluster this year. If it was Julius Thomas, yeah, but this year's model Jimmy, I'm not hot on. I say stick with your guns