Welp, all my WR are sucking

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Harvin and Keenan Allen are getting swapped out this week hopefully for Boldin and Cecil Shorts, this after swapping Allen for Patterson was a wash. Also Jimmy Graham is out a few weeks, damn fantasy football is fickle sometimes.

Basically, I hope Reggie Wayne has a resurgence and Cobb can keep scoring TDz. Oh, I did pickup O'Dell Beckham Jr. prior to the Sunday night game, I guess I can hope he'll show something this week.

Also, feels like Bell and Morris are falling back to earth now although I can't trade either and hopefully Bradshaw can keep scoring TDs. I guess if Ingram can come back I can breathe a little.

Yikes at that offense...

kearly

Reaction score
I lit a late 4th round pick on fire with Cordarrelle Patterson.

But I'm still 6-0 and running away with the points lead thanks to having Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Matt Forte, and Giovanni Bernard (traded for Rodgers and Nelson). I even got lucky at K/DEF. I have the #5 kicker and #2 defense.

The thing I like about WRs is that if you forget about the big names and actually watch NFL games, it's pretty easy to spot top 30 fantasy WRs in the draft. And the big name WRs usually are very reliable as well, 2014 notwithstanding.

OP
OP

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I took too many risks this year at WR, sigh, all I got is Cobb and Wayne right now, tough times.

I went Jimmy Graham early, he was going to be my #1 WR, that's not working out so good.

ManBunts

Reaction score
kearly":1qo2h9oa said:
I lit a late 4th round pick on fire with Cordarrelle Patterson.

But I'm still 6-0 and running away with the points lead thanks to having Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Matt Forte, and Giovanni Bernard (traded for Rodgers and Nelson). I even got lucky at K/DEF. I have the #5 kicker and #2 defense.

The thing I like about WRs is that if you forget about the big names and actually watch NFL games, it's pretty easy to spot top 30 fantasy WRs in the draft. And the big name WRs usually are very reliable as well, 2014 notwithstanding.

How the hell did you land all those guys!? Some suckers in the league? I got Brown with a late-ish pick, by far the best pick of the draft for me.

I agree though, WRs don't see to be that hard to spot. It's a skill position, and one that gets better with experience as the QB and WR develop more trust.

As for the first post here, I wouldn't set Harvin aside too quickly, just because he gets return yards too. That's always a nice bonus. And Seattle needs to get back to their run game, which means more Lynch, and more conventional passing, but also more decoy sweeps with Harvin.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Antonio Brown went in the 4th round in my league, definitely the steal of the draft besides Demarco Murray who has been consistently a top 5 RB when he's healthy.

kearly

Reaction score
ManBunts":1f4gzxss said:
How the hell did you land all those guys!? Some suckers in the league? I got Brown with a late-ish pick, by far the best pick of the draft for me.

I actually paid big for Nelson. I traded away Matt Forte and Golden Tate (just before he broke out) to get him. I got Forte back the next week when that same player was desperate for a QB, so I dealt him Jennings/Williams and Russell Wilson (at the time Wilson was #3 in the NFL for fantasy points per game at QB) for Forte. Nelson was drafted one pick ahead of my spot and I knew he was going to be a top WR this year, so it was pretty adamant about getting him.

I got Rodgers because a guy in my league had Luck and Rodgers, and wanted to sell high on his backup. I had snatched Steve Smith and Ahmad Bradshaw off waivers and both are having great years, he had big needs at RB/WR, so I dealt them both to get his backup QB. Win Win trade.

My first three picks in the draft (10 man league) were Forte, Bernard, Brown.