Week 7 waiver wire options

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Alright, so both Andre Holmes and Isaiah Crowell are available right now. Should I make a move to get one, or both? 12 team league, non PPR , 2 WR, 2 RB, and flex. Standard scoring

QB: Russ
WR: A. Green, K. Allen, D. Hester, M. Evans, O. Beckham, J. Gordon
RB: B. Tate, R. Jennings, J. Hill, Storm Johnson
TE. J. Cameron, T. Kelce
K: B. McManus
D: Denver

I'm 3-3 and in 8th place. Injuries and underperformers have hit hard this year. I really like all my receivers. I'm not giving up on Allen. Hester has been my flex the last 3 weeks and gets me return points, and last week was his lowest point total (7) of the year. Beckham just got a whole lot more intriguing with Cruz out. Gordon is Gordon. I've held onto him before the season started, might as well keep waiting. Evans is getting better.

My running backs are decent. I started out with the first 3, plus Gerhart and Terrance West. Tate and Jennings are locks. I like Hill. I've started him twice so far, and it's paid off both times. I think Storm Johnson can do some real damage. When I think of him, I think of Zac Stacy 2014 (who I had last year). If he gets more touches and becomes the top back, he could put up nice numbers. Tate is so injury prone though, it's hard not to have a handcuff for him

So, Holmes and Crowell? I think Crowell is higher priority right now, just because he'd be a great insurance policy for if/when Tate goes down. It comes down to dropping Hill or Storm, both of who I'm pretty high on. Please, give me your insight

getnasty

Reaction score
You have good players but your lacking elite talent. If it were me i'm looking to trade a couple of those guys to a team with multiple holes for someone elite that could be under achieving(McCoy, Calvin, Lacey). Also don't be afraid to throw Gordon into a trade to upgrade your roster, yeah he's elite but that won't matter if you don't make the playoffs. To answer your original question i'd pick up Crowell and drop Storm Johnson myself, for the reasons you listed.Good Luck

minormillikin

Reaction score
Even though Cameron could get injured at any moment, I'd roll the dice and drop Kelce. Use that slot to bring up Crowell, or any other RB/WR you want to take a chance on. Cameron already had his bye week, so there's that too...

Then, I'd see if Storm continues to get touches or not. If that doesn't look like it will pan out after a week or two, then I'd drop storm for someone else who looks promising (maybe Kelce again!). I wouldn't drop Storm yet, unless there's a proven runner available. He had one week where he showed potential, followed by last week where they gave him a real shot and he looked OK.

This is real coin-flip territory, of course.