Training Camp Day 3

Vetamur

Reaction score
I didnt bring my good camera, and didnt take notes..and left the roster in the car. Sue me. Will report on what I saw and remember off hand for those who couldnt attend.

Todays practice was much better from a spectator point of view. The types of things being practiced were more entertaining and most of it was on the field right in front of the main berm.

My main observations:

1) Return game is a focus, and the search for returners is big. After conceding this entire facet of the game last year Carroll drafted Locket, and is trying a bunch of players back there. Locket looked good of course. BJ Daniels looked second best. Christian Michael dropped 2 kick offs.

2) Kevin Smith had a another good practice, with another catch that drew cheers from the crowd. #18, whom Ive forgotten the name of, burnt Richard Sherman for a sizable game in 2 minute drills.

3) The defense is still in front of the offense. Despite the offense being given extra type a couple times the best the #1 or #2 offense got in 2 minute drills was 2 FG attempts, one made and one about a yard short from 55 yards.

4) Christian Michael, on top of two dropped kick off returns dropped an easy catch in two minute drills. He looks really fast out there, but didnt have a good practice.

5) Rawls had an excellent day. I wouldnt bet the farm, but if you have an extra 5 bucks you found in your jeans pocket, I would bet that on Rawls to steal Michaels roster spot. Rod Smith (not "He Hate Me" Rod Smith sadly) also had a good practice. In running play drills both consistently made more of their runs than Michael. Now, this is without tackling, so it doesnt count but..

6) Lofa looks so much like he still wants to be playing.

7) For all his wanting more money, Bennett works really hard and goes all out even during mundane drills hes done a 1000 times.

8) A lot of WRs made pretty good catches, but then you notice that they were going up against free and strong safeties and youre not sure if its impressive. Ricardo Lockette was the beneficiary of 5th string Free Safety coverage a few times, but to his credit took the full advantage youd expect a veteran decent WR to in those cases.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Vetamur,

1) Return game is a focus, and the search for returners is big. After conceding this entire facet of the game last year Carroll drafted Locket, and is trying a bunch of players back there. Locket looked good of course. BJ Daniels looked second best. Christian Michael dropped 2 kick offs.

Me.... Thanks Veta, I was wondering about BJ myself. Much appreciated.

Exittium

Reaction score
Think 18 is Kasen Williams a wr from UW

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
If the end is nigh upon Christine Michael in Seattle, they should see what they might get from the Cowboys for him. The Cowboys desperately need another RB (they have Joseph Randle and a whole bunch of nuthin'), and that's MIchael's home state.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3ugz07qd said:
If the end is nigh upon Christine Michael in Seattle, they should see what they might get from the Cowboys for him. The Cowboys desperately need another RB (they have Joseph Randle and a whole bunch of nuthin'), and that's MIchael's home state.
I wouldn't trade him to Dallas, he'd be a star with that o-line. Somewhere else if he gets beat out of a spot sure.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
My observations from today.
#17, Smith? was a horse as a WR catching everything that I saw go his way. Kearse also looked good.
Rawls looked deserving of more touches to see what he can do.
CM, 2 dropped punts, 1 fumble, one drop on an easy pass. All right in front of Pete. Terrible day.
Marshawn ran a few plays.
No injuries!!!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":12ba2xsx said:
CM, 2 dropped punts, 1 fumble, one drop on an easy pass. All right in front of Pete. Terrible day.

Michael also fumbled again? Damn, what a bad day for the guy. Lack of focus seems to be an issue for him. If I were him, I would eat, sleep, and breath with a football glued to my arm.

dukestar

Reaction score
hawknation2015":29ovi5tp said:
LudwigsDrummer":29ovi5tp said:
If I were him, I would eat, sleep, and breath with a football glued to my arm.
By the sounds of it even if the ball was glued he'd find a way to fumble it. I suspect we are seeing the last of CM. PC/JS won't think twice of sending him packing if we have someone else coming up, roster spots are too valuable and CM appears to not have it unfortunately.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Thanks for the write-up and sharing your observations, Vetamur. Much appreciated. FYI, "He hate me" wasn't a Rod Smith, it was Rod Smart.

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
Oh! Doh! Well, I was close. Lol.
In line for the buses to Day 4 now. Will post on it later.

dadof3

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up, nice to hear about Bennett. It's too bad CM is such a knucklehead, I had high hopes for that guy

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
dadof3":16ly04el said:
Thanks for the write up, nice to hear about Bennett. It's too bad CM is such a knucklehead, I had high hopes for that guy

Continued fumbles in TC over the next two weeks will result in one less Seahawk. If there is one thing that irritates Pete is repeated fumbles.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3gmx89mo said:
NorthDallas40oz":3gmx89mo said:
I wouldn't trade him to Dallas, he'd be a star with that o-line. Somewhere else if he gets beat out of a spot sure.

I agree. He would be a monster in Seattle. I think im the lone Michael believer left. Still think he takes over for Lynch.

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
Arian Foster is hurt.. Maybe CM to the Texans makes sense.

jblaze

Reaction score
Vetamur":3kx7rw3w said:
Arian Foster is hurt.. Maybe CM to the Texans makes sense.

CM has baggage and issues with ball security. I think Turbin would be more likely at this point given this is his last year.

I don't expect it to happen, they really like the #2 RB Alfred Blue and Foster will be back at some point.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Michael is going to prove you wrong.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Well Michael is an elite talent with arguably the best running back in the league ahead of him. Curry started and fell flat on his face. I think the situations are a little different.