Interesting draft

sutz

Reaction score
We still have Lewis, right? I think C is taken care of, and as for Hunt, sometimes not being really tall might be an advantage for leverage. I'll go with P & J knowing what they're doing for now. ;)

The staff seems satisfied with out DBs for now. I think this is the first time we didn't draft at least on DB IIRC. Feels a bit strange, but after all the FA signings last year, they probably think we have a big enough pool of talent to staff the team well enough.

I suspect we'll have one or two guys who could fit the LB/S hybrid role.

CPHawk

Reaction score
kearly":a08gu5jl said:
It was a very thin draft for fast linebackers. Seattle probably thinks they can get by until 2017.

I think the UDFA are actually pretty fast. French only ran a 4.7, but he's also a guy who has in the past ran a 10.7 100, he's pretty damn athletic for 6'6 255. I'll be intrested to watch all the UDFA this pre season, I think a couple of the lb make it on ST.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I can be a big time WSU homer too, but I think questioning the teams brain trust because they didn't take a fringe line backer from your home town college team is a bit crazy. It's not like the kid was a slam dunk no brainer, or else he wouldn't of gone when he did.

justafan

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3csn3hel said:
Either our FO is very happy with our secondary and are feeling that Kam and ET will be back to their old selves and they have answers at SAM LB, or they just didn't see anyone in this draft that fits the Seahawks way.

I personally am uncomfortable with our LB corp, and hope someone steps up at SAM. Really, Morgan, Pierre-Louis and Pinkins just don't really float my boat much....huge drop off from Wagner and Wright. Still not sold on our DE opposite of Avril.

I loved most of the guys we got this weekend overall, but just feel confused/disappointed over the Quality of the LB'r corps right now.

Anyone have any insight in that area to make me feel a little better?

They have made a point to invest heavily in draft capitol and money to make the LB corp a priority.It surprised me they didnt take a flyer on a LB or 2.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
el capitan":25pvw4mt said:
Natethegreat":25pvw4mt said:
Erebus":25pvw4mt said:
Travis Feeney was available for most of the draft. He had all the measurables we wanted, including speed. I think Pete and John thought they could lure him in as a UDFA but Pittsburgh snagged him in the 7th. I would've much rather had him in the 5th than Alex Collins or the 6th instead of Joey Hunt.
Joey Hunt was the one guy in this draft I was dissapointed they drafted. I was really hoping they would pick up Feeny with that pick. In fact I was hoping they would jump on him in the fifth but I can understand taking Alex Collins. But Joey Hunt? Really???
Watching him get seriously puched back by college players is not an encouraging sign. I doubt he makes the team. Maybe the practice squad. Didn't like that pick at all.

Joey Hunt was the one guy that PC/JS said they had to leave the draft with. I'm sure they know what they're doing.
The dude hasn't given up a sack or qb hurry in over a year. He wasn't playing against fcs level talent. In PCJS I trust.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3mk9q223 said:
Jazzhawk":3mk9q223 said:
Still not sold on our DE opposite of Avril.
So.......You're not sold on Bennett?
Frankly, Bennett rarely plays opposite of Avil.