Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Fake crowd noise in Atlanta

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Fake crowd noise in Atlanta
Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:24 pm
  • They probably won't be pumping noise this time but the DJ did say he was going to play a lot of Future to troll RW. The Panthers did the same thing last year in the divisional playoff game.

I don't see how it's trolling though because I'm sure RW wouldn't recognize it, and he got Futures girl and kid, plus he's wealthier than Future and people know who Russell is. We only know who Future is because of Ciara and RW.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:48 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:There was only one loud thing in the section I was sitting in for the 2012 divisional game and that was the announcer. It's 3rrrrrrrrrddddd and looooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggg. That by itself was borderline, as were the video montages they started with 25 seconds on the play clock that ran for 15 seconds. I wasn't at all surprised to learn about the crowd noise years later.

Blank himself was exonerated in noisegate though, as was Mike Smith. That's why it wasn't as much of an issue as the Patriots stuff where the NFL thinks it's BB and Brady leading the shenanigans.

The reason why it still matters in 2017 is just the humorous irony it adds when Falcon fans simultaneously complain about officiating and then bring up that lone playoff victory. They deliberately cheated in an extremely close playoff win over us and then want to play the victim card that they missed out on a hail mary chance this season due to Refs missing an offsetting penalties call.

The noise was in 2013 and 2014, not 2012
    SyCOLA
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:52 pm
  • Do you really believe that? They had the same administration in place since like 2008 and you think they randomly just started in 2013?
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:56 pm
  • Zombie Hawk wrote:
    SyCOLA wrote:
    Zombie Hawk wrote:The Colts used to do it when Manning was there too.

I have to admit it still concerns me. They were doing it for years and it took that long to get caught. Whos to say they don't ramp it up in an important playoff game. Also just my opinion, but pumping fake crowd noise to make a stadium louder when on defense seems like an egregious violation considering the advantage it provides. It's worse than anything the Patriots have done which is saying a lot.

I think it's a violation of the rules, but egregious? Worse than the pats? I mean, really when you are looking at the intended results, how is it any different than designing a stadium to amplify the crowd noise? I think it was a cheap way to gain the same advantage other home teams had.

Absolutely worse than the pats. Deflategate was an equipment violation. On the same level as the Chargers or Vikings heating footballs on the sidelines in cold weather games. The reason they lost a 1st round pick is because they are far and away the best team for the last 16 years and the owners/fans are tired of it. If you don't see that you are blind.

Also if Seattle had been caught doing this, you can imagine the media frenzy along with at least the loss of a 1st round pick. The reason noone really cares about ATL is the lack of success and the fact that they dont have a loud stadium. They got a slap on the wrist because of the state of the franchise.

All these ridiculous assumptions. Do you have any evidence to back up your what ifs?
    SyCOLA
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:58 pm
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:
    FalconsFanNW wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:You might want to pass onto Quinn, that were going to run the ball and the Failcons are #27 out of 32 teams stopping it.

Weren't the 49ers 32 of 32 and ya'll managed to to get like 80 yards a couple weeks ago?

Doesn't he average like 3.2 yards for the season and have multiple games?

vs MIA 32 yds
    @ LA -7 yds
    vs PHI 57 yds
    @ TB 38 yds
    vs CAR 106 yds
    @ GB 67 yds
    vs LA 34 yds
    vs AR 8 yds
    @ SF 14 yds

But a 161 yard game vs Detroit signals he's the reincarnation of Marshawn Lynch?

k.

Let's get back to talking about fake crowd noise please.

Its funny how you act lie your run D is so much better than Detroit.

They are ranked 18th allowing 106ypg, and your Falcons... They beast out at 17th allowing 104.5ypg

Which is still more than the 51 YPG Rawls has averaged across 10 games (including the Detroit game) this season. Take the Detroit game out and he's at 39 YPG.

It's funnier how you act like Rawls is gonna run over the Falcons because he had a good game vs Detroit. Look up our last game vs Arizona... not sure why people act like Atlanta can't stop the run. We've given up a LOT of yards in garbage time too... like dude from New Orleans getting his 1000 yards last week.

Anyway, when looking back at Rawl's entire season as I've already pointed out you'll have to excuse me for not being worried.

We really should get back to talking about fake crowd noise though. I'd like to keep things on topic.

Of course Rawls has been hurt for large parts of the season, but you knew that when pretending those stats were meaningful right?

Or is this kind of like you pretending that the loss of Earl is 10 times worse than not having Clark, Kam, Morgan, Rawls, Bennett for a half.......lol

Your desperation and denial are getting worse the closer to Saturday we get :)
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:07 pm
  • Just a general note, most hawk fans responding to falcon related posts are really reaching to justify their positions why the falcons are going to be beaten down, reminds me a lot of the niners fans in 2013. If the hawks lose, which is a very real possibility Saturday, some posters on this site are going to be in for a serious reality check with the consistent homerism. Pumped in sound or not. Never thought this would happen to hawk fans, guess I was wrong.
    irocdave
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:10 pm
  • irocdave wrote:Just a general note, most hawk fans responding to falcon related posts are really reaching to justify their positions why the falcons are going to be beaten down, reminds me a lot of the niners fans in 2013. If the hawks lose, which is a very real possibility Saturday, some posters on this site are going to be in for a serious reality check with the consistent homerism. Pumped in sound or not. Never thought this would happen to hawk fans, guess I was wrong.

Intensity ramps up this time of year.

It was the same last year with Viking and then Panther fans.

What do you want, hawk fans to just bow to the mighty Falcons and concede defeat? Of course both sides are talking tough, its and evenly matched NFC divisional game.

Wouldnt expect anything less.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:21 pm
  • irocdave wrote:Just a general note, most hawk fans responding to falcon related posts are really reaching to justify their positions why the falcons are going to be beaten down, reminds me a lot of the niners fans in 2013. If the hawks lose, which is a very real possibility Saturday, some posters on this site are going to be in for a serious reality check with the consistent homerism. Pumped in sound or not. Never thought this would happen to hawk fans, guess I was wrong.

jesus christ, so you hope for a loss this weekend? I dont understand your viewpoint unless you are comfortable with the team you like losing.

Pumped in sound or not has nothing to do with the game, you just kinda, relate 2013 niners to............homerism?

If we win this weekend, feel free to not get any appreciation of the win.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:25 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:
    irocdave wrote:Just a general note, most hawk fans responding to falcon related posts are really reaching to justify their positions why the falcons are going to be beaten down, reminds me a lot of the niners fans in 2013. If the hawks lose, which is a very real possibility Saturday, some posters on this site are going to be in for a serious reality check with the consistent homerism. Pumped in sound or not. Never thought this would happen to hawk fans, guess I was wrong.

jesus christ, so you hope for a loss this weekend? I dont understand your viewpoint unless you are comfortable with the team you like losing.

Pumped in sound or not has nothing to do with the game, you just kinda, relate 2013 niners to............homerism?

If we win this weekend, feel free to not get any appreciation of the win.

Actually, you will probably show up if the Seahawks lose with an 'I told you so'

Mental note, GFY irocdave,
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:40 pm
  • Yall
    Kaiser
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:57 pm
  • Hawkpower wrote:
    Of course Rawls has been hurt for large parts of the season, but you knew that when pretending those stats were meaningful right?

Or is this kind of like you pretending that the loss of Earl is 10 times worse than not having Clark, Kam, Morgan, Rawls, Bennett for a half.......lol

LOL... no desperation here man. We're healthy... at home and will be ready to go.

You know though, I keep hearing about how Seattle was missing starters and will have them back right... does anyone realize Atlanta was missing starters too back in week 6?

D. Jones and Campbell , 2 of our 3 starting LBs (in addition to Beasley) didn't start and barely played that game.

Last time I checked every team has to deal with injuries and adjust.

You should really quit trying to convince yourself though that the loss of Earl Thomas isn't a huge blow to the Seattle defense. We'll surely find out Saturday when they face a team with the NFL MVP behind center and a lot more firepower than Detroit.

... and lets quit pretending that the block on Bennett was out of nowhere.

heymichael.jpg.9a18f3c4b65f2dfebb01ed81a7cbbbe9.jpg
    heymichael.jpg.9a18f3c4b65f2dfebb01ed81a7cbbbe9.jpg (111.2 KiB) Viewed 243 times

How many times was Ryan hit after the ball was gone and no roughing was called?

Hawkpower wrote:

What do you want, hawk fans to just bow to the mighty Falcons and concede defeat? Of course both sides are talking tough, its and evenly matched NFC divisional game.

Neither would I. :2thumbs:
    Last edited by FalconsFanNW on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:58 pm
  • You're correct, if we lose, some will come in here and tell us they told us so. If that makes them feel better, so be it I guess :?

And to the Falcons fan, are you kidding me right now?? Watch pretty much ANY Hawks game, and you'll see Russ getting drilled late many times. This is football. And that was a blatant cheap shot against Bennett.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:13 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:
    And to the Falcons fan, are you kidding me right now?? Watch pretty much ANY Hawks game, and you'll see Russ getting drilled late many times. This is football. And that was a blatant cheap shot against Bennett.

Just calling it like I see it man. By no means do I wish injury on anyone but Ryan was drilled quite a few times after he had thrown the ball and the refs didn't call jack shit...
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:14 pm
  • I'm telling you exactly how it is, Wilson gets drilled late ALL THE TIME.
    He just doesn't whine and moan about it, it's football, and he gets that.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:28 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm telling you exactly how it is, Wilson gets drilled late ALL THE TIME.
    He just doesn't whine and moan about it, it's football, and he gets that.

Yeah it's football until your QB is out for the season.

Ask the Raiders and Titans about that...
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:36 pm
  • Ok, so Matt Ryan is the only quarterback who gets drilled after the play.

Got it
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:01 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Ok, so Matt Ryan is the only quarterback who gets drilled after the play.

Got it

No Rogers, Brady and Newton do also, they whine and get calls reversed and a special session to address non calls.

But Ryan outside Atlanta could walk down the street and nobody would know who he is.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:21 am
  • SyCOLA wrote::17:
    Rob12 wrote:
    Hawk-Lock wrote:How does Atlanta know whether or not we are still violating practice rules?

I'm sorry but c'mon OP. What are you actually trying to accomplish with this thread?

Just shows that they are well aware their stadium isn't loud enough. Zero fear in playing there.

GA dome is one of the loudest in the nfl.. usually one of the emptiest though which nullifies the loudest part lol.

Must have some big, expensive speakers.
    Rob12
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:40 am
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:

LOL... no desperation here man. We're healthy... at home and will be ready to go.

You know though, I keep hearing about how Seattle was missing starters and will have them back right... does anyone realize Atlanta was missing starters too back in week 6?

D. Jones and Campbell , 2 of our 3 starting LBs (in addition to Beasley) didn't start and barely played that game.

You should really quit trying to convince yourself though that the loss of Earl Thomas isn't a huge blow to the Seattle defense. We'll surely find out Saturday when they face a team with the NFL MVP behind center and a lot more firepower than Detroit.

Jones and Campbell didn't start, but they both played nearly half of the game. You also had starters Truant, Ishmael, and Shelby that game whom you do not have now.

While we will be without Earl this time around, Seattle was missing 3 starters on defense (4 after Bennett went down), their starting RB, and their QB could barely move due to injury. Could all of this mean squat? Sure. These are just facts being presented.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:51 am
  • pcbball12 wrote:
    FalconsFanNW wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:

Jones and Campbell didn't start, but they both played nearly half of the game. You also had starters Truant, Ishmael, and Shelby that game whom you do not have now.

While we will be without Earl this time around, Seattle was missing 3 starters on defense (4 after Bennett went down), their starting RB, and their QB could barely move due to injury. Could all of this mean squat? Sure. These are just facts being presented.

Not to mention P-Rich has opened up some solid downfield options for RW. I have a feeling the Seahawks are about to show the rest of the country what they've known all season. This team is FULL of epic offensive talent. P-Rich, Graham, Baldwin, Rawls, a HEALTHY RW, Prosise, Reese, Hester..... maybe good Kearse will even show up for work. If the O-line does their job I expect to see a lot of slack jawed fans in the Georgia Dome.

Big hairy prediction: P-rich Fly Sweep for a TD ala Percy Harvin.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:58 am
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:
    Hawkpower wrote:

... and lets quit pretending that the block on Bennett was out of nowhere.

heymichael.jpg.9a18f3c4b65f2dfebb01ed81a7cbbbe9.jpg

How many times was Ryan hit after the ball was gone and no roughing was called?

Hawkpower wrote:

Neither would I. :2thumbs:

That may be true (regarding the injuries to your team) but you are the one constantly crowing about the loss of Earl making this game so much different than last time.

Just pointing out that our returning starters make that gap much narrower than you are praying for.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:10 am
  • pcbball12 wrote: Could all of this mean squat? Sure. These are just facts being presented.

Of course it means squat. The game was 3 months ago. Atlanta is playing much better now with wins in 5 of 6 games... the loss being a 1 point gift wrapped game for KC.

Not sure if you can say the same thing about Seattle... even as a neutral observer I don't know if I'd be sold on the Seahawks based on a home game vs the Lions and their 4 finger QB who had receivers who couldn't find their hands.

It was still a 10-6 game after 3 quarters before Detroit decided to end all doubt as to who the worst team was.

Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Not to mention P-Rich has opened up some solid downfield options for RW. I have a feeling the Seahawks are about to show the rest of the country what they've known all season. This team is FULL of epic offensive talent. P-Rich, Graham, Baldwin, Rawls, a HEALTHY RW, Prosise, Reese, Hester..... maybe good Kearse will even show up for work. If the O-line does their job I expect to see a lot of slack jawed fans in the Georgia Dome.

Big hairy prediction: P-rich Fly Sweep for a TD ala Percy Harvin.

Nobody said the Seahawks didn't have offensive talent. The O Line is the source of all your issues as it's been all season.

Hawkpower wrote:Just pointing out that our returning starters make that gap much narrower than you are praying for.

... and still doesn't offset the fact the game is in Atlanta.

That is HUGE whether you want to admit it or not.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:02 am
  • I can't wait for this game to be over. This place is insufferable right now. :242733:

Maybe it's because the stakes are high but I've never seen this much bickering amongst our own fans. It just ruins the fun. I blame the Atl fans. :evil:
    JAGHAWK
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:55 am
  • JAGHAWK wrote:I can't wait for this game to be over. This place is insufferable right now. :242733:

Maybe it's because the stakes are high but I've never seen this much bickering amongst our own fans. It just ruins the fun. I blame the Atl fans. :evil:

It's not totally our fault. You guys and gals have been bickering amongst yourselves all season...

Oline...
    Bevell...
    More Oline...
    More Bevell...
    Haushka...

:mrgreen:
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:02 am
  • AgentDib wrote:
    The reason why it still matters in 2017 is just the humorous irony it adds when Falcon fans simultaneously complain about officiating and then bring up that lone playoff victory. They deliberately cheated in an extremely close playoff win over us and then want to play the victim card that they missed out on a hail mary chance this season due to Refs missing an offsetting penalties call.

Ever non-Seattle NFL fan knows who the real 12th man is at Seattle home games.

That's why we're glad the game is in Atlanta.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:02 am
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:
    pcbball12 wrote: Could all of this mean squat? Sure. These are just facts being presented.

Just pointing out that our returning starters make that gap much narrower than you are praying for.

... and still doesn't offset the fact the game is in Atlanta.

That is HUGE whether you want to admit it or not.

Home field can be a huge factor. But lets not sit here and act like ATL has a great home field advantage. You lost 3 games at home this year. More than you lost on the road actually.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:04 am
  • pcbball12 wrote:

Home field can be a huge factor. But lets not sit here and act like ATL has a great home field advantage. You lost 3 games at home this year. More than you lost on the road actually.

Yeah we did... 7 pts TB... 3 pts SD... 1 pt KC.

It's not really about our dominance at home though. It's more about Seattle's lack of dominance on the road.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:08 am
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:
    pcbball12 wrote:

Yeah we did... 7 pts TB... 3 pts SD... 1 pt KC.

It's not really about our dominance at home though. It's more about Seattle's lack of dominance on the road.

Seattle has definitely been inconsistent to say the least on the road. I could make an excuse for most of them, but that is a fools errand. If this were a game in Lambeau I would be way more apprehensive. Russ has played well in Atlanta in the past and in a dome in a playoff atmosphere I am not too worried that the HFA will shift the game one way or the other. Not saying we cannot lose, just saying I do not think HFA will play a huge factor in this game.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:25 am
  • pcbball12 wrote:Seattle has definitely been inconsistent to say the least on the road. I could make an excuse for most of them, but that is a fools errand. If this were a game in Lambeau I would be way more apprehensive. Russ has played well in Atlanta in the past and in a dome in a playoff atmosphere I am not too worried that the HFA will shift the game one way or the other. Not saying we cannot lose, just saying I do not think HFA will play a huge factor in this game.

It's gonna be more about Seattle's history of slow starts and which Seattle offense shows up.

Not too worried about Atlanta showing up. They had the best 1st qtr offfense in the NFL (11.5 pts average) and averaged 35 ppg at home.
    FalconsFanNW
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:29 am
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:
    pcbball12 wrote:Seattle has definitely been inconsistent to say the least on the road. I could make an excuse for most of them, but that is a fools errand. If this were a game in Lambeau I would be way more apprehensive. Russ has played well in Atlanta in the past and in a dome in a playoff atmosphere I am not too worried that the HFA will shift the game one way or the other. Not saying we cannot lose, just saying I do not think HFA will play a huge factor in this game.

It's gonna be more about Seattle's history of slow starts and which Seattle offense shows up.

Not too worried about Atlanta showing up. They had the best 1st qtr offfense in the NFL (11.5 pts average) and averaged 35 ppg at home.

I think all hawks fans are at least a little concerned about a slow start. But, if they can avoid that and show up to play we really like our chances. Im choosing to believe they buck the slow start trend....but that is me being optimistic.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:42 am
  • FalconsFanNW wrote:It's gonna be more about Seattle's history of slow starts and which Seattle offense shows up.

Not to veer too off topic, but this is an important stat. And Vegas has the 1st Q as a pickem. Seems almost like free money. :)
    Mindsink
    NET Rookie

Previous

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information