Is Marshawn intentionally trying to screw the Hawks?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Let's just wait and see if he files for reinstatement first. Nothing can happen until then.

Actually, I just thought of something. Can you trade a player's rights? Therefore, could we trade Marshawn's rights for, say a 7th rounder, and then the Raiders would assume the final 2 years of his contract?

A-Dog

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1kfvc9ol said:
Let's just wait and see if he files for reinstatement first. Nothing can happen until then.

He's waiting for the Hawks and Raiders to work something out. Otherwise he would have done it already. The most frustrated guy in all of this is probably Adrian Peterson, waiting to see if Oakland gets their first choice or not.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A-Dog":1znvbryz said:
Siouxhawk":1znvbryz said:

He's waiting for the Hawks and Raiders to work something out. Otherwise he would have done it already. The most frustrated guy in all of this is probably Adrian Peterson, waiting to see if Oakland gets their first choice or not.

The reports are AP still thinks he's a 10M a year elite RB, that's why no one's signed him yet.

So if he's frustrated, he did it to himself. LOTS of teams would sign AP, but it's gotta be for a lower incentive type of contract. He needs to prove he's capable of staying healthy before any team's going to give him any significant guaranteed money.

RCATES

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":39723qkk said:
A-Dog":39723qkk said:
Sgt. Largent":39723qkk said:
But why hold him hostage when he's no longer in our plans for this year, or any other year?
Why not just give draft picks away to all of Pete and John's buddies?

How about we trade BWags to Atlanta for a 6th rounder because Dan Quinn's a super cool dude, and why not?

There is the potential to get some form of compensation for Lynch. John owes it to the owner, the coaches, the players, and the fans to do his very best to make this franchise as competitive as possible. This happens to be an EXTREMELY deep draft, and one in which we are lacking picks in the 4th and 5th rounds, which means we could miss on some guys we really want. This is an opportunity to maybe fill that gap.

There are a lot of fans that LOVE Marshawn with a passion, I understand that. But again, this is a business.

I think you're way overestimating what we can get for a 31 year old Lynch who didn't even play last year, and was hurt when he was here two years ago.

Like I said, if the Raiders want to throw in a 6th or 7th, or swap picks with us? Sure, but if you guys think we can hold Marshawn hostage for even a 4th or 5th rounder, that's not realistic IMO. Because if we play hardball, Lynch could REALLY mess up our cap if he wanted. That's why it's in our best interest to not make this contentious.

No he can't because its been stated numerous times its Oakland or bust. He has zero intentions in playing here so that threat of having to pay him more doesn't exist. Its simple. Give Paul Allen his 5.5 million back and the team cuts you so you can play one year in Oakland. There's about a 85% chance the Raiders will be in Vegas next season.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Marshawn loves being in the public eye. It's good business sense. If his name isn't out there, he's not selling Beast Mode Merchandise.

He's been on several TV shows, Diesel Brothers, Bear Grylls, the fish tank one to name 3. So if he wants to keep his Brand alive, and he just happens to be in Seattle supporting a charity event, all he needs to do is drop a few hints here and there, maybe call Gee Scott, then stop by the VMAC and say hello, and BOOM!! MARSHAWN LYNCH! BEAST MODE!

All over the internet. Smart. :bow:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Not sure how any of this screws anyone.

If he wants to play again he'll need to be released or traded, and that's up to the Seahawks and how much compensation they think they may get for him.

Lynch wasn't/isn't going to play here again. That was done when he retired the first time. He's not going to unretire to come back to a team perceived to be on the 'decline' (media sentiment) with a poor line.

Not much to the story until something happens, but the idea that he's trying to "screw" the seahawks is a joke - if anything he's the one trying not to get screwed by a prohibitive contract.

Either the hawks get nothing or trade compensation. Either way they can't get "screwed". They get the nothing they were getting anyways or they get a late round draft pick.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3bwsza5f said:
Not sure how any of this screws anyone.

If he wants to play again he'll need to be released or traded, and that's up to the Seahawks and how much compensation they think they may get for him.

Lynch wasn't/isn't going to play here again. That was done when he retired the first time. He's not going to unretire to come back to a team perceived to be on the 'decline' (media sentiment) with a poor line.

Not much to the story until something happens, but the idea that he's trying to "screw" the seahawks is a joke - if anything he's the one trying not to get screwed by a prohibitive contract.

Either the hawks get nothing or trade compensation. Either way they can't get "screwed". They get the nothing they were getting anyways or they get a late round draft pick.

The report of his wanting to come out of retirement and play for the Raiders came out one day after the Hawks signed Lacy. He waited for the Hawks to make a move before he let his intentions be known so the Hawks lose leverage in return compensation for trading him.

One day after!!! He could have done this anytime but......

One day after getting Lacy.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm just not sure how that increases his 'leverage'.

Did it make the picture clearer? Certainly. Maybe for him. But with his contract and the fact that he was never going to play for Seattle again anyways, I'm not sure what sort of leverage he gained. The Seahawks were moving on without him regardless.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3qf5g6op said:
I'm just not sure how that increases his 'leverage'.

Did it make the picture clearer? Certainly. Maybe for him. But with his contract and the fact that he was never going to play for Seattle again anyways, I'm not sure what sort of leverage he gained. The Seahawks were moving on without him regardless.

Not his leverage increasing but the Hawks in receiving compensation decreasing.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He wasn't the same in 2015 because our offensive line sucked. He was hurt because we couldn't block for him. If we are able to trade him for anything that we can use to bolster the pile of poop Pete calls an offensive line then by all means do it.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
According to Gary Payton (as per Cris Carter), Marshawn has been training for a while and is absolutely going to be playing for the Raiders.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Just hand the ball off to him. Two straight SB victories. Much of the current problems result from this one play. Hand him the friggin ball. That is all.

kobebryant

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3331ivyv said:
He wasn't the same in 2015 because our offensive line sucked.

Rawls ran for 5.6 per carry behind that 2015 line. Marshawn, 3.8.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch is yesterdays news, he is truly washed up and doesn't have anything left to give to the NFL and more specifically to the Oakland Raiders. If he were to show up in Seattle today and say he wanted to come back and play for us, I would recommend that they pass on that offer at any price, because it would be a loosing proposition for Seattle.

Don't make a bunch of excuses for why Marshawn sucked so bad his last couple of seasons with the Hawks. I love the guy as much as any fan could, but like every other running back in NFL history, he took a hell of a beating, and played longer than he should have and cost us big the last couple of years he was with us because he knew he was finished and we did too, but kept hoping against all hopes we were wrong.

Yes our offensive line was lacking last season, they were youngsters in transaction and any running back would have been challenged trying to put together much success in a running game with the rookie mistakes they were making. But Marshawn was sucking with our good offensive line out there killing themselves trying to make it work for him. He lost it like all RB's eventually do.

If he wants to come out of retirement and bleed Oakland for a few million more to help fund his projects in the projects, then I say Seattle should cut the sweetest deal for ourselves and cut his arse loose to go play again. He won't do Chit for Oakland, that's just reality therapy for us all.

Now Lacy, that's the real deal there, that kid is gonna blow some stuff up in 2017 for Seattle Seahawks. He is what Marshawn used to be and maybe even more. I remember thinking how damn lucky GB was to have acquired a natural like him. There are some problems there to, if there weren't, Pete wouldn't have gotten his hands on him for Seattle. You can bet Pete has answers for him in his bag of tricks, he has a real knack of getting the right players at the right time and dealing with their "issues" whatever they may be.

It will be interesting to see where things go with all our other RB. Guess time will tell. I'm already getting juiced up for 2017-2018 season. It's gonna be a good one, you can bet your ass on that ;).

chris98251

Reaction score
pacific101":1y2t75ef said:
Marshawn Lynch is yesterdays news, he is truly washed up and doesn't have anything left to give to the NFL and more specifically to the Oakland Raiders. If he were to show up in Seattle today and say he wanted to come back and play for us, I would recommend that they pass on that offer at any price, because it would be a loosing proposition for Seattle.

Don't make a bunch of excuses for why Marshawn sucked so bad his last couple of seasons with the Hawks. I love the guy as much as any fan could, but like every other running back in NFL history, he took a hell of a beating, and played longer than he should have and cost us big the last couple of years he was with us because he knew he was finished and we did too, but kept hoping against all hopes we were wrong.

Yes our offensive line was lacking last season, they were youngsters in transaction and any running back would have been challenged trying to put together much success in a running game with the rookie mistakes they were making. But Marshawn was sucking with our good offensive line out there killing themselves trying to make it work for him. He lost it like all RB's eventually do.

If he wants to come out of retirement and bleed Oakland for a few million more to help fund his projects in the projects, then I say Seattle should cut the sweetest deal for ourselves and cut his arse loose to go play again. He won't do Chit for Oakland, that's just reality therapy for us all.

Now Lacy, that's the real deal there, that kid is gonna blow some stuff up in 2017 for Seattle Seahawks. He is what Marshawn used to be and maybe even more. I remember thinking how damn lucky GB was to have acquired a natural like him. There are some problems there to, if there weren't, Pete wouldn't have gotten his hands on him for Seattle. You can bet Pete has answers for him in his bag of tricks, he has a real knack of getting the right players at the right time and dealing with their "issues" whatever they may be.

It will be interesting to see where things go with all our other RB. Guess time will tell. I'm already getting juiced up for 2017-2018 season. It's gonna be a good one, you can bet your ass on that ;).

Jesus, enshrine him in the Hall of Fame and Ring of Honor now, start printing MVP and OFPOTY, Lacy really does walk on water and doesn't get splash back when he pees either, Chuck Norris envies him.

irocdave

Reaction score
MS gave the Hawks what he had, until he didn't have it. If he decides to come back there is zero chance the Hawks pay him 9M. Let him walk. Cut him if that's what he wants. Again, he gave us Hawks fans everything we wanted and had enough in reserve to give us a second helping, but coaches decisions got in the way.

My opinion as a life long hawk fan is, if he wants to play for the Raiders at the tail end of his career, let him. He gave everything he had when he was here and provided a Lombardi trophy.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ This.

You can't really screw somebody if you don't have anything they want, and Lynch doesn't have anything the Hawks want.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
irocdave":2afkhy3m said:
MS gave the Hawks what he had, until he didn't have it. If he decides to come back there is zero chance the Hawks pay him 9M. Let him walk. Cut him if that's what he wants. Again, he gave us Hawks fans everything we wanted and had enough in reserve to give us a second helping, but coaches decisions got in the way.

My opinion as a life long hawk fan is, if he wants to play for the Raiders at the tail end of his career, let him. He gave everything he had when he was here and provided a Lombardi trophy.

Why strengthen a potential rival? I love BM but I'd make him jump through the hoops for this. I'd be starting with his signing bonus that we paid out in good faith.