For all of you RW weight watchers...

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Hawks46":38d4tjrj said:
CHawkTailGator":38d4tjrj said:
Meanwhile Roethlisberger comes in fat and overweight annually...and we're concerned about Russel's weight being a factor? Moving on...quickly now

The Steelers also don't rely on Roethlisburger to be an integral part of their running game either. Context.....

That said, I'm betting Wilson felt he could've done better last year and being in better shape might have helped him avoid getting hurt.

YUP.

Anyone who took an honest look at RW during Training Camp can't say he showed up in the best shape. He was bulky, slower, his throws lacked the snap of previous seasons, etc.

He has too much pride to repeat that mistake. (I hope)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":26cwncci said:
Wilson is a lot of things, but lazy and uncommitted to being a great QB isn't one of them.

So I don't buy the fat hype at all, he'll be ready to roll come camp time.
THIS ^^^^^^

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":ej6o0a0x said:
Hopefully watching Dak take over his spot in the Pro Bowl and highlight reel will help propel him to a better season.
Hopefully Dak will be taking Russ' spot in the pro bowl for the next few years as Russ will be playing in the Super Bowl.
Dak won't be playing in a Super Bowl anytime soon.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
RW IS working hard to lean down these days.

That will go a long way toward making 2017 a better result than 2016.

Chapow

Reaction score
semiahmoo":yi83me2c said:
Hawks46":yi83me2c said:
CHawkTailGator":yi83me2c said:
Meanwhile Roethlisberger comes in fat and overweight annually...and we're concerned about Russel's weight being a factor? Moving on...quickly now

The Steelers also don't rely on Roethlisburger to be an integral part of their running game either. Context.....

That said, I'm betting Wilson felt he could've done better last year and being in better shape might have helped him avoid getting hurt.

YUP.

Anyone who took an honest look at RW during Training Camp can't say he showed up in the best shape. He was bulky, slower, his throws lacked the snap of previous seasons, etc.

I don't recall anyone saying "he showed up in the best shape".

What some of us are disputing is that he was a fat ass.

I don't consider the Russell Wilson from that article I posted earlier a fat ass. Apparently some do.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Some people still can't unhook themselves from Mel Kiper's jockstrap. As you know, RW will never be an NFL starter and the Seahawks get an 'F' for that whole draft class.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
RW is a great athlete playing QB.

He has yet to become a great QB.

His insecurity at the position led him to bulk up. That backfired. He appears to be leaning down now. That's a good thing.

His style is sandlot scramble football. Worked great when he had Marshawn to provide two legit backfield threats. No Marshawn meant less threat. (Plus a too young/incompetent O-Line) Heavier/slower RW further lessened that threat and increased chance of injury.

He holds the ball too long. He misses reads.

That said, he works hard and is always trying to improve. I'm looking for 2017 to be a bounce-back year for him. He was not top tier in 2016. That has to piss a competitive guy like him off.

Largent80

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1fxu4zbj said:

He has yet to become a great QB. :lol:

His insecurity at the position led him to bulk up.

Yeah that superbowl win really made him insecure. What a load of shit that post is.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Chapow":2z5n49vf said:
semiahmoo":2z5n49vf said:
Hawks46":2z5n49vf said:
CHawkTailGator":2z5n49vf said:

YUP.

I don't consider the Russell Wilson from that article I posted earlier a fat ass. Apparently some do.

Not a fat ass. Bulkier/slower and ultimately, far less effective as a QB and one more prone to getting caught and injured.

From recent reports, it seems RW himself agrees. He looks to have already dropped weight from what he was coming into Training Camp last year. That's good news for the Hawks and good news for Hawks fans.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1560uxye said:
semiahmoo":1560uxye said:

Yeah that superbowl win really made him insecure. What a load of shit that post is.
^^^ THIS 100% ^^^

Chapow

Reaction score
semiahmoo":14hpnw6z said:
Chapow":14hpnw6z said:
semiahmoo":14hpnw6z said:

Not a fat ass. Bulkier/slower and ultimately, far less effective as a QB and one more prone to getting caught and injured.

From recent reports, it seems RW himself agrees. He looks to have already dropped weight from what he was coming into Training Camp last year. That's good news for the Hawks and good news for Hawks fans.

Ruh row Raggy.

titan3131":14hpnw6z said:
Denying fat Russell last year and current shape is the same level as being a flat earth truther.

Looks like you are on the same level as a flat earth truther according to that guy^^^.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
kobebryant":3i714cts said:
I kinda like a fat Russell. Humanizes him.
Funny one :)
Sgt. Largent":3i714cts said:
Wilson is a lot of things, but lazy and uncommitted to being a great QB isn't one of them.
Dead staight one

semiahmoo

Reaction score
scutterhawk":qqj771um said:
Largent80":qqj771um said:
semiahmoo":qqj771um said:

^^^ THIS 100% ^^^

By that same measure, the Super Bowl loss, a more recent event, would support the claim of QB insecurity.

RW had a crap year.

If he has another one this season, there'll be more and more people willing to voice concern.

He's working hard right now to remedy that off year. I am confident he'll come in ready to go this season.

Anthony!

Reaction score
semiahmoo":ul2zs3g5 said:
scutterhawk":ul2zs3g5 said:
Largent80":ul2zs3g5 said:
semiahmoo":ul2zs3g5 said:

^^^ THIS 100% ^^^

By that same measure, the Super Bowl loss, a more recent event, would support the claim of QB insecurity.

RW had a crap year.

If he has another one this season, there'll be more and more people willing to voice concern.

He's working hard right now to remedy that off year. I am confident he'll come in ready to go this season.

LOL yeah a crap year completed almost 65% of his passes, over 4k yards, led his team to the playoffs, all while dealing with 3 major injuries, playing behind one of the worst oline in the NFL and with no run game, Yeah I mean lets leave some of the most important facts out so you can push your agenda. LOL

Anthony!

Reaction score
semiahmoo":x0cktbvo said:
Chapow":x0cktbvo said:

YUP.

I don't consider the Russell Wilson from that article I posted earlier a fat ass. Apparently some do.[/quote]

From recent reports, it seems RW himself agrees. He looks to have already dropped weight from what he was coming into Training Camp last year. That's good news for the Hawks and good news for Hawks fans.[/quote]

Yeah or it could be he know she needs to work hard to recover from the INJURIES.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Anthony!":gy8vfeny said:
LOL yeah a crap year completed almost 65% of his passes, over 4k yards, led his team to the playoffs, all while dealing with 3 major injuries, playing behind one of the worst oline in the NFL and with no run game, Yeah I mean lets leave some of the most important facts out so you can push your agenda. LOL

That's the glass half full account, of which Anthony can always be counted on for giving anyone who will listen when the subject is Russell Wilson.

The glass half empty account, minus the cherry picked stats that Anthony cited, is that Russell had his worst year as a Seahawk, with his QB rating the lowest of his professional career and his interceptions the most of his career. At one point, he had a streak of playing 16 consecutive quarters without throwing a TD pass, pretty much unheard of in today's NFL. His sub par performance, whether the excuse used is injuries, an anemic running attack, or the offensive line, was a major factor in our failure to get past the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
RiverDog":2f8semo3 said:
Anthony!":2f8semo3 said:

That's the glass half full account, of which Anthony can always be counted on for giving anyone who will listen when the subject is Russell Wilson.

The glass half empty account, minus the cherry picked stats that Anthony cited, is that Russell had his worst year as a Seahawk, with his QB rating the lowest of his professional career and his interceptions the most of his career. At one point, he had a streak of playing 16 consecutive quarters without throwing a TD pass, pretty much unheard of in today's NFL. His sub par performance, whether the excuse used is injuries, an anemic running attack, or the offensive line, was a major factor in our failure to get past the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row.

Thank you. I was going to bring up the QB rating which has RW sharing space with relative no-names. His overall rating was the lowest he's ever had. He threw the most interceptions of any other season. His passing yds average was tied for lowest. His overall touchdowns was second lowest. Etc.

RW had a mediocre to bad season by his standards and I agree with his standards, so have no problem calling it a mediocre/bad season as well.

His QB maturity/growth has stalled somewhat the last couple seasons. If he has another bad year, there will be a lot more people voicing concern - and rightfully so.

He's not entirely to blame. The O-Line sucked. The running game was more cold than hot. the play calling continues to confound .The D was less than dominant at times. Etc.

That said, RW showed up to Training Camp too heavy/too slow. Then he was injured. He toughed it out and deserves props for that, but like you said - 16 quarters without a TD pass!!!???? That is not a QB or a team that will ever win a Super Bowl.

We need a better Wilson this season so we have a shot at seeing a better version of the Hawks if we are to return to being a top tier team.

Jville

Reaction score
It might be useful to recall what Packer fans observed a couple years ago with Aaron Rogers. IIRC he showed up one year in poorer than typical condition carrying more than typical weight. He paid for it with a poor and injury riddled season.

But, Aaron learned from his weight and conditioning error. He has been healthier and played better since that instructive season.

themunn

Reaction score
semiahmoo":orapaghs said:
Thank you. I was going to bring up the QB rating which has RW sharing space with relative no-names. His overall rating was the lowest he's ever had. He threw the most interceptions of any other season. His passing yds average was tied for lowest. His overall touchdowns was second lowest. Etc.

RW had a mediocre to bad season by his standards and I agree with his standards, so have no problem calling it a mediocre/bad season as well.

His QB maturity/growth has stalled somewhat the last couple seasons. If he has another bad year, there will be a lot more people voicing concern - and rightfully so.

He's not entirely to blame. The O-Line sucked. The running game was more cold than hot. the play calling continues to confound .The D was less than dominant at times. Etc.

That said, RW showed up to Training Camp too heavy/too slow. Then he was injured. He toughed it out and deserves props for that, but like you said - 16 quarters without a TD pass!!!???? That is not a QB or a team that will ever win a Super Bowl.

We need a better Wilson this season so we have a shot at seeing a better version of the Hawks if we are to return to being a top tier team.

His QB rating was smack bang in between Matt Stafford and Andy Dalton last year, and at 92.6 was just 0.1 below Aaron Rodgers' 2015 QB rating Hardly no-names. Happy to call in a bad season by his standards, but still 15th among QBs with over 200 attempts last year, which by most people's standard can be considered an "average" season. And of course, his QB rating is wildly affected by the GB game, which, without - for a player who played injured all season long, behind the most inexperienced O-line in the league and whose number 1,2 and 3 RBs were either injured for 7 games, injured for 10 games or cut after 9 games- I'm prepared to give him a little bit of slack and say that he had a quietly efficient albeit uninspiring season all things considered.

Also, not sure when the 16 quarters of no TD passes were. 12 maybe. Though we did have a couple of 1/2 yard TD runs that make that look worse than it was.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Jville":17jgqx64 said:
It might be useful to recall what Packer fans observed a couple years ago with Aaron Rogers. IIRC he showed up one year in poorer than typical condition carrying more than typical weight. He paid for it with a poor and injury riddled season.

But, Aaron learned from his weight and conditioning error. He has been healthier and played better since that instructive season.

True! Perhaps its that big $$$$$$ contract that has some momentary preparation apathy set in?

At any rate, lets all hope RW bounces back like Rodgers did. As of now I put Brady as the #1 QB in the league - not just statistics but everything - all the intangibles like leadership, poise, etc.

I'd put Rodgers at #2.

Last year's version of Wilson is way down from there - middle of the pack. I'd like to see him have a season that shoots him back up into the top 5 or better.

We shall see...