Do members of Seahawks comment in and read this forum?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • As can be seen in this thread, I think it is fairly clear that personnel or representatives of personnel are active on .net.

That is the only logical explanation for the illogical reasoning put forth to defend areas or personnel that need addressing.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

• We aren't discussing coaching philosophy. We are discussing dopplegangers and members of the seahawk organization and whether you think they read and comment (or have representatives do it) in the largest seahawks forum in the world.

Much like many sports stars, celebrities, businesses and organizations hire companies that specifically deal in the online presence and reputation of their clients.

Take ACfan for example. Joined as soon as he became a seahawk and was basically a cheerleader for Collins. Even after an atrocious showing he would be pumping him up in various threads, calling for patience, talking him up etc. It always seemed ver suspicious to me. I am a huge Bennett fan, but am not blind to some of his weaknesses and bad games. Same goes for wilson. Love the guy, but he does have some things to work on. Some posters take it beyond being a fan of a player or coach and bring it to mindnumbing levels of stubbornness. Real fans with no alternative motives want the best for the team, and want them to go all the way every year. With that comes our opinions based on many sources as to what is holding the team back. It seems weird that some posters don't seem to be rooting for the team as a whole, but rather defend individual components of the team and would rather accept not winning than replacing the slow moving parts.

I have observed this with several different posters, and about several different players and coaches.

For example, I think Sherman is a great cornerback, but realize he has a big mouth. I have no personal vested interest in him personally. If getting a lombardi means cutting ties with him, then do it. On the other side of the coin, if you have to deal with the big mouth but he provides you the best shot at winning the SB, then I'll deal with some of the things he does.

Do you think they come here siouxhawk?
    Last edited by johnnyfever on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

• I know for a fact players, coaches, front office folks, VPs, have read through .NET over the years. Some of them I know specifically but I won't name names. DAVE PEARSON.

(LOL, sorry couldn't help myself.)

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• johnnyfever wrote:We aren't discussing coaching philosophy. We are discussing dopplegangers and members of the seahawk organization and whether you think they read and comment (or have representatives do it) in the largest seahawks forum in the world.

Much like many sports stars, celebrities, businesses and organizations hire companies that specifically deal in the online presence and reputation of their clients.

Take ACfan for example. Joined as soon as he became a seahawk and was basically a cheerleader for Collins. Even after an atrocious showing he would be pumping him up in various threads, calling for patience, talking him up etc. It always seemed ver suspicious to me. I am a huge Bennett fan, but am not blind to some of his weaknesses and bad games. Same goes for wilson. Love the guy, but he does have some things to work on.

Do you think they come here siouxhawk?

No, I do not. I think the PR or marketing department likely does, however.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• In all the years I was running .NET there was one IP address that was frequenting NET more than any other and it wasn't even close...

gateway.seahawks.com

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• johnnyfever wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:No, I do not. I think the PR or marketing department likely does, however.

Why?

As has been said, I could see the players keeping up to date with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by and large. There's probably a ton of them that don't even know .Net exists. But it's marketing and PR's job to keep fans informed and help the team make money, so I'm sure they peruse all the sites to leave no stone unturned.
    Last edited by Siouxhawk on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Pretty sure Marshawn used to be an active member.
    SixSeahawk
    NET Rookie

• FlyingGreg wrote:Back in the earlier days of Net, I was informed by a Seahawks player that he read an article I did about him (it was a supportive piece, so he appreciated it)... I asked him if he browsed .Net and he said, "yes, some of us like to lurk in there..coaches too." Don't ask, I won't name said player even though he is long retired.

I don't know if any current players do...

But come on, Anthony! HAS to be Ciara, right?? Only a spouse or a family member could be that insanely one-sided and immovable about a player. :D

PS Not picking on you Anthony! ... your passion is admirable.

Its funny that you say that because I actually had a similar thought. I don't think it would actually be Ciara but I could see one of Russ's PR guys or what ever doing it. I mean no offense if you are a legit person Anthony but your over the top love fest for Wilson is hard to take serious.

This wasnt meant as a personal attack at all I just wanted to express my opinion on possible seahawk players posting here.
    IrishNW
    NET Starter

• That last comment was weird. Why would anyone on a Hawks fan site bust someone's balls for having a deep admiration for the best quarterback this franchise has ever known? And while I'm on the subject, I think it's strange that some feel it's their duty or something to be over-the-top critical of Russ. Sure he has some minor flaws, but the way he plays the game and his devotion to his team can't be touched.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Siouxhawk wrote:That last comment was weird. Why would anyone on a Hawks fan site bust someone's balls for having a deep admiration for the best quarterback this franchise has ever known? And while I'm on the subject, I think it's strange that some feel it's their duty or something to be over-the-top critical of Russ. Sure he has some minor flaws, but the way he plays the game and his devotion to his team can't be touched.

Probably because you're a Vikings fan who became a Seahawks fan when Bevell and Tarvaris left.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:That last comment was weird. Why would anyone on a Hawks fan site bust someone's balls for having a deep admiration for the best quarterback this franchise has ever known? And while I'm on the subject, I think it's strange that some feel it's their duty or something to be over-the-top critical of Russ. Sure he has some minor flaws, but the way he plays the game and his devotion to his team can't be touched.

Probably because you're a Vikings fan who became a Seahawks fan when Bevell and Tarvaris left.

Yeah and you're a Niners fan.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Siouxhawk wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:
    Siouxhawk wrote:That last comment was weird. Why would anyone on a Hawks fan site bust someone's balls for having a deep admiration for the best quarterback this franchise has ever known? And while I'm on the subject, I think it's strange that some feel it's their duty or something to be over-the-top critical of Russ. Sure he has some minor flaws, but the way he plays the game and his devotion to his team can't be touched.

Yeah and your a Niners fan.

Your response was inhumanly fast.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• I have cyber optic intelligence.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Do you just wait around for people to answer you? Wasn't even a minute before you responded
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Just the timing. I had just finished reading the schedule thread.
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• We are the biggest Seahawks forum on the Net, we have Media stealing topics and story lines and posting them, The NFL has us on the 10 most wanted list for Domain Name. Being able to parse thru the Bullshit posts and see what the fan base that is closest to the team, with the most local members for PR and thoughts on things, it seems like a natural thing to check in here. Players would look and lurk to see what fans are feeling about something that has happened be it a trade, a event or a play or call by a referee. Cheerleaders Amber Lancaster for one and some of her co workers were and are members here and she stated that players do look in as well.

Tweets and other forms of media may be great for short conversations but more thoughtful posts and more knowledgeable conversations would happen on long standing places that have historically been used to glean fan feelings such as ours.

Also it is easier to be anonymous as well if they did post.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Ugh.

Then for all the players and organization members who lurk around here, I just want to say...

I'm sorry.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Ugh.

Then for all the players and organization members who lurk around here, I just want to say...

I'm sorry.

you don't have to be sorry, just change your avatar and post something with insight.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

• I am future Seahawks ring of honor quarterback Mike Teel, and I frequently read and comment on this forum.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• johnnyfever wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Ugh.

I'm sorry.

you don't have to be sorry, just change your avatar and post something with insight.

Montana is one of the premier insightful minds on this forum. His Seahawks blog kicked ass, RIP.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote: Cheerleaders Amber Lancaster for one and some of her co workers were and are members here and she stated that players do look in as well.

I wore a black arm band when Amber quit. Truly one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen.
    nash72
    NET Veteran

• Trrrroy wrote:
    johnnyfever wrote:

I'm sorry.

Montana is one of the premier insightful minds on this forum. His Seahawks blog kicked ass, RIP.

Just judging this post at face value. Not familiar with him, and I could easily be wrong. That post just seemed very condescending and as though he has it figured out, but the rest of the posters are clueless. Of course there are some ridiculous viewpoints, but overall I think the posters here are pretty well informed.
    johnnyfever
    NET Veteran

• Are you kidding? Montana is correct. Actual members of the Hawks wouldn't give this place the time of day. This place isn't original in that regard, so that's why I believe NFL players predominantly stick to social media they can control, twitter, instagram, Facebook and The Players Forum.
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: We are going to stop taking runs at each other... in this thread and all others
    Siouxhawk
    NET Veteran

• Trrrroy wrote:
    johnnyfever wrote:

I'm sorry.

That blog sucked. :P

(Quick aside to Si...I can take runs at myself, right?)
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    That blog sucked. :P

(Quick aside to Si...I can take runs at myself, right?)

Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Some of the trolls now and then probably are players trying to be cause some chaos, LOL. Seriously though, you can't tell me that players don't have significant others or friends that browse online and find things here and there that they mention to that player and I'm sure he is then curious and looks a little for himself. I firmly believe players do read these forums but probably don't post.
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie

• Would any of you be curious what your fans and haters say about you? I know I would!
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Rookie

• Siouxhawk wrote:Are you kidding? Montana is correct. Actual members of the Hawks wouldn't give this place the time of day. This place isn't original in that regard, so that's why I believe NFL players predominantly stick to social media they can control, twitter, instagram, Facebook and The Players Forum.

History has proven you wrong before and it does now as well, we have board owners that know for a fact that Player and Coaches and others have come in here, we have Media people that have come here and given opinions or story's.

I think I would believe them over you.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Aros wrote:In all the years I was running .NET there was one IP address that was frequenting NET more than any other and it wasn't even close...

gateway.seahawks.com

That pretty much proves the PR department point
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:History has proven you wrong before and it does now as well, we have board owners that know for a fact that Player and Coaches and others have come in here, we have Media people that have come here and given opinions or story's..

It would make sense that marketing and PR staff would come here from time to time. Why wouldn't they? This is the largest Hawk forum there is, they should be coming here to see what fans are talking about.

But players and coaches? I'd need to see proof of that. I guess for the novelty of seeing if fans are talking about them, but that's maybe a one time thing, and very seldom.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

• SpokaneHawks wrote:Some of the trolls now and then probably are players trying to be cause some chaos, LOL. Seriously though, you can't tell me that players don't have significant others or friends that browse online and find things here and there that they mention to that player and I'm sure he is then curious and looks a little for himself. I firmly believe players do read these forums but probably don't post.

semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

• We are quite done with this thread

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Previous

It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 12:03 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information