Predict the Hawks 1st Round Pick thread.....

pcbball12

Reaction score
chris98251":2xwkkgp5 said:
JSeahawks":2xwkkgp5 said:
chris98251":2xwkkgp5 said:
Joe Mixon

Value is there, Talent is off the charts, pretty much has established the situation was blown out of proportion, Backs like him are not easy to have a chance at and he won't last till our second round pick. Yes we have a stable of backs, but this would like be having Lynch back and then the rest of the back ups whom to date have not been able to play consistently due to injury. Also this off season Pete said we are fixing the running game.

There are a lot of CB's and Safety's in this draft as well to add depth with.

I'd love to have Mixon, and I can look past what he did because I dont require my football players to be angels, but i'm curious how it was blown out of proportion? It was a pretty ugly situation.

There was an article over the weekend about a personal apology and that he and her dad get along and that her dad misunderstood something and it got all blown up with misinformation leading to an altercation of what we seen.

Now is this a public repair practice and a pay off later, maybe but they made it sound like a he said she said then a confront that turned bad because of a misunderstanding.
Whatever happened to lead to the situation can be speculated however people want to speculate. He still knocked her out. That is not blown out of proportion in any way and is proven 100% true. I am sure everyone on this site has seen the video. I'm not over giving 2nd chances and what not, but the situation was ugly and not blown out of proportion. There is no other way to slice it. You don't knock a girl out over a misunderstanding, regardless of what was said. If he was being physically assaulted and had to throw a punch to stop it, that is a different story in my opinion....but that is not what happened here.

Like I said, I am all about 2nd chances and know people make mistakes. This was an ugly one. But, if he became a hawk it would be hard for me to not get excited because the talent is phenomenal.

LolaRox

Reaction score
As others have said, I think they trade out, especially after John said today that he would like more picks.

They have set themselves up nicely to be able to pick the best defensive player available. If they don't trade out, I predict Haason Reddick or Kevin King.

OASN - NFL Network had a 1st round mock draft, last night, where scouts/TV personality/analysts were designated to a team and to make the pick for that team. Dave Dameshek picked John Ross with the Seahawks' #26 pick . I would hate that pick.

HawkGA

Reaction score
pcbball12":377w545e said:
chris98251":377w545e said:
JSeahawks":377w545e said:
chris98251":377w545e said:
Joe Mixon

Value is there, Talent is off the charts, pretty much has established the situation was blown out of proportion, Backs like him are not easy to have a chance at and he won't last till our second round pick. Yes we have a stable of backs, but this would like be having Lynch back and then the rest of the back ups whom to date have not been able to play consistently due to injury. Also this off season Pete said we are fixing the running game.

I'd love to have Mixon, and I can look past what he did because I dont require my football players to be angels, but i'm curious how it was blown out of proportion? It was a pretty ugly situation.

There was an article over the weekend about a personal apology and that he and her dad get along and that her dad misunderstood something and it got all blown up with misinformation leading to an altercation of what we seen.

Now is this a public repair practice and a pay off later, maybe but they made it sound like a he said she said then a confront that turned bad because of a misunderstanding.
Whatever happened to lead to the situation can be speculated however people want to speculate. He still knocked her out. That is not blown out of proportion in any way and is proven 100% true. I am sure everyone on this site has seen the video. I'm not over giving 2nd chances and what not, but the situation was ugly and not blown out of proportion. There is no other way to slice it. You don't knock a girl out over a misunderstanding, regardless of what was said. If he was being physically assaulted and had to throw a punch to stop it, that is a different story in my opinion....but that is not what happened here.

Like I said, I am all about 2nd chances and know people make mistakes. This was an ugly one. But, if he became a hawk it would be hard for me to not get excited because the talent is phenomenal.

I have seen it once and it was in the context of "the full video they never showed" and I expected to see something. Something that would suggest it was a mutually engaged fight or something like that. I saw nothing. Absolutely nothing that could be twisted in any way into an "it was okay" type of situation. Now, I haven't followed it closely and it wasn't until some time after the season was over that I watched it so I'm sure there is a lot more material out there than I am aware of, but damn.

I'm also perplexed by the settlement thing. Would seem the better time to settle is after he signs with a team, but maybe you are right that it was down now in the hopes that he'll rise up the boards a little and get a better contract.

chris98251

Reaction score
LolaRox":12q08teg said:
As others have said, I think they trade out, especially after John said today that he would like more picks.

They have set themselves up nicely to be able to pick the best defensive player available. If they don't trade out, I predict Haason Reddick or Kevin King.

OASN - NFL Network had a 1st round mock draft, last night, where scouts/TV personality/analysts were designated to a team and to make the pick for that team. Dave Dameshek picked John Ross with the Seahawks' #26 pick . I would hate that pick.

With Richardson and Lockett already I think that Ross would be a wasted pick based on roster right now. Two years ago not so much.

nash72

Reaction score
The elephant in the room is the left tackle position. Ramcyzk, Bolles, or Robinson would be a dream, but that probably wont happen. I think we could nab Lamp out of Western Kentucky though.

Atradees

Reaction score
Last year's draft was a train wreck.

We will trade down in the first do to a lack of picks.

Would like to see local product or melonfonwu. Cam Robinson could be available; I think the Hawks feel they have addressed the oline. Can't go wrong with defense.

No more running backs please.

chris98251

Reaction score
Atradees":xpgbg12q said:
Last year's draft was a train wreck.

We will trade down in the first do to a lack of picks.

Would like to see local product or melonfonwu. Cam Robinson could be available; I think the Hawks feel they have addressed the oline. Can't go wrong with defense.

No more running backs please.

Mixon would be insurance for the Cheese Burger and Fries guy, injury to Rawls and cheaper then both. They would probably cut Collins and or trade Rawls.

Like I stated above he is a once in a decade opportunity at RB really. If your a decent team a good RB rarely falls to you of his ability. Some GM's are calling him the drafts best player in fact.

Also Pete and John tend to keep putting pieces in the puzzle till they get the right fit and my thought is this guy has the ability and the right attitude and attitude on the football field to make defenses hate tackling him.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Chapow":1nguzkac said:
Ace_Rimmer":1nguzkac said:
Attyla the Hawk":1nguzkac said:
I love King at 26. So that probably means we go a completely different direction. I think I've hated every first pick we've ever selected except Okung.

Alternatives in order of preference

2011: Wanted Muhammad Wilkerson or Jabaal Sheard
2012: Wanted Fletcher Cox or Shea McClellin
2013: Wanted Sio Moore, Arthur Brown or Eddie Lacy
2014: Wanted Joel Bitonio, Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson or Jarvis Landry
2015: Wanted Frank Clark (other options all taken just ahead of us)
2016: Wanted Shon Coleman, Javon Hargrave or Jarran Reed

You hated the ET pick?

Earl wasn't our first pick in that draft, Okung was.

Title says "1st Round Pick" not 1st Pick and Okung was selected in the 1st round in 2010 so was Earl.

I'm going with Obi this year.

penihawk

Reaction score
If we stay put I say Kevin King,Adoree Jackson or Obi. I'm leaning towards Jacksonville wanting to leapfrog KC to 26 to get Deshaun Watson so they trade 35(2nd),68(3rd)&110(4th) for 26(1st) & 90(3rd). Somebody on their board at 26 is still available at 35. Obi Melafonwu is the pick.

Ozzy

Reaction score
chris98251":6jd9cuf9 said:
JSeahawks":6jd9cuf9 said:
chris98251":6jd9cuf9 said:
Joe Mixon

That's a whole different situation and NOT the girl he hit in the restaurant.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
penihawk":22qylfl4 said:
If we stay put I say Kevin King,Adoree Jackson or Obi. I'm leaning towards Jacksonville wanting to leapfrog KC to 26 to get Deshaun Watson so they trade 35(2nd),68(3rd)&110(4th) for 26(1st) & 90(3rd). Somebody on their board at 26 is still available at 35. Obi Melafonwu is the pick.

Nice, this was my next question. Because I am 100% positive we trade down. The question is who and why.

Last year it was cause Lynch was there. Year prior cause Tedy Bridgewater.

Alot of the time its cause a team wants to get a qb in the late first so they lock in that 5th year.

I like the fact theres a muddle of qbs sitting with fringe first round grades. Mahomes, Watson, Kizer all could fit the bill.

Teams that could want to move in, Jax, Cleveland (if they dont go trubisky early),. Arizona (would we trade inner division?), Chicago, Jets???

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":48fwf9as said:
Surprise pick: John Ross. Cant ignore the "tilt the field" factor.

Rob Rang has him lasting until 29 in his latest mock. If he's there I think we take him.

Agreed. At any position, I have him as the top offensive player. And definitely in the top 5 of the entire draft.

I have been a fan since the 70s. I don't recall a player with sub 4.3 speed with truly elite route running skills available in that time. Ross has the best WR route skills in this entire class. Has the best release in the class. What he doesn't have are the best hands (merely good) and has the sketchiest medical.

Injuries alone will keep him out of the all pro lists. If Seattle takes him, he's going to be our #1 receiver before the end of the season. And that's no knock on Baldwin who is a legit pro bowler.

I honestly think that if Jack Conklin and Ross were on the board this year -- I'd suffer more years of OT purgatory to take Ross.

penihawk

Reaction score
Love John Ross the player but I get a sinking feeling in my gut when it comes to the medical. Hes a game changer if he can stay on the field tho.

2_0_6

Reaction score
John Ross, Tyler Lockett and PRich.

All are game changers, speed guys, but most important they all have had significant leg injuries in their college and or pro careers. If we take a WR, I hope its later in the draft and its a big bodied guy.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3te22y6u said:
John Ross, Tyler Lockett and PRich.

All are game changers, speed guys, but most important they all have had significant leg injuries in their college and or pro careers. If we take a WR, I hope its later in the draft and its a big bodied guy.

As much as I love Ross and think he's a phenomenal athlete and complete WR, I agree with you.

People are comparing him to Antonio Brown, but Brown is thick and strong as hell, Ross is slight like Richardson and Lockett...........and he's already had two major injuries just in college.

So I'd also rather go in a different WR direction if we take one.