Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Least Favorite All Time Seahawk Player

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • The receiver who's name I can't spell but the stadium chanted "douche" on the rare occasions he caught a pass. And Kelly Jennings
    dadof3
    NET Rookie

• Uncle Si wrote:
    NJlargent wrote:Rick Mirer. He stunk and so did we for a long time. I also knew Bledsoe was going to be the better pick

I thought about this a bit... certainly Rick Mirer has to be the worst player the Seahawks have had, more for what could've been and for what he should've been and how that set the franchise back...

But it wasn't HIS fault he sucked.

Josh Brown for me... guy is just not a good person and sullied the franchise at many turns

I think it may have been, he could not to save his life throw to the left side of the field, teams just flooded the right side.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• seahawksny wrote:I want to say Stevens, but despite the drops he did catch the only TD in that game which was the only TD in our super bowl history iin 30 + years of existence.

Jerry Rice is my least. He had no business asking to wear #80, and the GM at the time should have told him, wear another number or play elsewhere

I can't make myself dislike Rice for that, as it has been reported that he was told by our front office at that time that Largent was ok with it. For that I blame our front office....Also, and I don't want to take this thread away from the topic, but as far as this particular subject goes, it's fans who sport Rice/Seahawks jersey's that grate on my last nerve. How anyone could sport one of those in public I just don't comprehend.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• I don't think Rice ever demanded #80. IIRC, Whitsitt kind of pushed that on he and Largent, making an awkward situation for both. Rice was willing to wear a different number with the Broncos, I think he was #87, although he never played in a game for them.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Also gotta say Jerramy Stevens is probably my least favorite. Dude ended up dropping a ton of passes when we needed catches, has had trouble with the law and every couple years it seems we have to hear about him or his wife beating the snot out of each other (or family members).

Sounds like one of those families that lives a "hood rich" life.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Least favorite. The rapist, or, as Pehawk had on the back of a jersey "therapist."

Anthony Simmons isn't my least favorite, but he's among the most frustrating. He'd flash absolute brilliance for a stretch of games, and then look disinterested in a game--and then he'd get injured. A lot.
    nanomoz
    NET Veteran

• kidhawk wrote:
    seahawksny wrote:I want to say Stevens, but despite the drops he did catch the only TD in that game which was the only TD in our super bowl history iin 30 + years of existence.

Jerry Rice is my least. He had no business asking to wear #80, and the GM at the time should have told him, wear another number or play elsewhere

I can't make myself dislike Rice for that, as it has been reported that he was told by our front office at that time that Largent was ok with it. For that I blame our front office....Also, and I don't want to take this thread away from the topic, but as far as this particular subject goes, it's fans who sport Rice/Seahawks jersey's that grate on my last nerve. How anyone could sport one of those in public I just don't comprehend.

I agree. I don't believe fans like those are Seahawk fans to begin with. They are Rice fans or any other player fans and will move to the team that the player is currently on. That's the true definition of bandwagon fans in my book. It was shameful that the Seahawks allowed a retired number to be worn. Especially to the Seahawks first HOF - Largent. Nice way to say thanks for all he did for the team.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Re: Least Favorite All Time Seahawk Player
Fri May 19, 2017 10:17 am
  • Bosworth

I can't ever remember being more excited for a player that was turned out to be such a colossal bust than Boz. Compounded by the fact that all he did while he was here was talk smack and whore his brand.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Fri May 19, 2017 11:16 am
  • Chad Brown, only because as a kid going out to training camp in Cheney, and he was so pompous to me (a ten year old) and the small crowd that gathered around to see the players coming on and off the practice field.
    Ricky Watters was almost as bad. He spit at the crowd one day and got into it with another fan.
    Brock Huard threw my sharpie away when trying to autograph a rookie card I brought.

Those three come to mind first for the way they carried themselves during the Cheney training camp days.

As far as watching them play and wanting to pull my hair out, Aaron Curry. What a bust. Provided nothing to the team.
    Why Not Us?
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri May 19, 2017 11:52 am
  • Optimus25 wrote:Kelly Jennings.

Every pass defended seemed like a miracle from the heavens. I swear to this day that JS and PC decided to go after rangy physical db's from the wisdom gleaned after watching this twig child get mauled by bigger receivers day in day out. The late 2000s secondary was a painful part of my life.

I second this. Kelly Jennings. Some other guys here were/are turds but nobody infuriated me more to watch than seeing Kelly F'n Jennings be in PRIME position to make plays and simply not make them, or just get completely burned.

If you wanna know how to prove he's the worst I offer you the "Kelly Jennings Challenge", which I have posted here before.

Simply google image search "Kelly Jennings".

Every photo that is an actual game photo is 99% certain to be him being out-fought, out-jumped, and plain out-played for a ball, or being outrun, or being run over.

He was our first round draft pick coming off the year in which we appeared in our first superbowl. Blah. Gross.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Fri May 19, 2017 12:28 pm
  • Boz was a bust but he also had character too. I was a kid when he first came out and with his haircut, the mean streak he was fun to root for and I had a land of boz poster in my room. Shortly after we signed him I got a boz cut and read his book. So I always liked him, but from a football perspective I could see why he would be least favorite for some.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

• dadof3 wrote:The receiver who's name I can't spell but the stadium chanted "douche" on the rare occasions he caught a pass. And Kelly Jennings

The possible name has me thinking that it may be TJ Houshmandzadeh who you are thinking of. But it is probably someone else if you're thinking of someone who only rarely had a reception, as TJ caught 79 for 900 yards in his one season as a Hawk.
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran

• Alexander
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

• endzorn wrote:Alexander

I'd call troll if you didn't have an amazing Evil Dead 2 avatar.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:Bosworth

I can't ever remember being more excited for a player that was turned out to be such a colossal bust than Boz. Compounded by the fact that all he did while he was here was talk smack and whore his brand.

I guess I understand "bust" as in only got to play two seasons and his mouth could be tiresome at times. Guy had some bad injuries and he just couldn't cash checks his mouth was writing anymore. That said, the 2 years he did play, he was a very good NFL linebacker. While his longevity was disappointing, his play was not. Wanted to back it up with stats but you cannot find one damn stat on him except his 4 sacks so I will have to stick with personal empirical evidence.

One of his contemporaries, Matt Millen, defended Bosworth, saying that he remembers an excellent linebacker who simply had injuries catch up to him.1

Bosworth was forced to retire after only two seasons in 1989, having suffered a shoulder injury in the 1988 season. Team Doctor Pierce E. Scranton Jr. explained that "Brian was a twenty-five-year-old with the shoulders of a sixty-year-old. He flunked my physical." In 1993 Bosworth prevailed in a $7M lawsuit against Lloyd's of London. Lloyd's position was that Bosworth's shoulder was injured as result of degenerative arthritis which was not covered in his policy. Bosworth maintained his injury was sustained during a single hit. 1

1 Wikipedia
    Adopt a rookie 2017-Delano Hall, S, Michigan

seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• Franco Harris.

He didn't want to be here and Seattle didn't seem to want him either.

JIMMIES STATUS:

RUSTLED
    UNRUSTLED √
    silvergun
    NET Starter

• I agree with most of the names in this thread but I'll add a player that constantly irritated me when he was in the game: Brian Russell.

I have never in my life seen anyone play more slowly on an NFL field. Horrible angles and the slowest reactions imaginable with zero catchup ability.
    Danger Zone
    Archer
    NET Starter

• Archer wrote:I agree with most of the names in this thread but I'll add a player that constantly irritated me when he was in the game: Brian Russell.

I have never in my life seen anyone play more slowly on an NFL field. Horrible angles and the slowest reactions imaginable with zero catchup ability.

Yeah but he had a lot of grit. That still makes me laugh.
    It's about damn time #45 is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Veteran

• We would never have had Jerramy Stevens had it not been for the holdout of Itula Mili. We would have drafted Ed Reed instead.

Mili spent 5 years doing pretty much nothing for the Seahawks except collecting paychecks, then when it was his turn to give back to the team that gave him so much and carried him patiently for so long, he held out for more money.

Combine that with him causing Jerramy Stevens and the Ed Reed rooster-block, and you have by far my least favourite Seahawk of all time.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

• silvergun wrote:Franco Harris.

He didn't want to be here and Seattle didn't seem to want him either.

Thats the name that came to my mind.He acted like he was too good for the Hawks.I hated seeing him wear the Hawk jersey and Warner being out was the reason.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• dadof3 wrote:The receiver who's name I can't spell but the stadium chanted "douche" on the rare occasions he caught a pass. And Kelly Jennings

This is a little bit of an odd one. Houshmandzadeh was a decent player for the whole 1 year he was a Hawk. Had 79 catches for 911 yards...I can understand not being a fan, but least favorite all time?
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• tacomahawk wrote:
    Archer wrote:I agree with most of the names in this thread but I'll add a player that constantly irritated me when he was in the game: Brian Russell.

Yeah but he had a lot of grit. That still makes me laugh.

He worked really hard and was really smart to.

Cause you know, all slow white guys are smart and hard working.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

• TJ Who's your momma is right up there.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• Bryan Walters - It's pretty obvious why - he sucks.
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Fri May 19, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Is this a joke? Because if it wasn't then this is hilarious. They were saying "Housh"...lol But he certainly wasn't likeable .

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• Swinging door Ray Roberts.

Geezer
    Geezerhawk
    * NET Alumni *

• Alexander because he is the anti-Marshawn. He never gutted out a play or broke a tackle
    unless it was within scoring distance. Feather touch brought him down or scared him out of bounds.
    Fat contract in his pocket made every run a business decision.

Not Rice because he was never really a Seahawk so he counts as nothing with me.

By the way, Ronda Rousey is a little less hot after that brazilian girl kicked the dog tar out of her.
    "All in the game yo, all in the game"
    Omar Devon Little
    1980-2007
    two dog
    NET Veteran

• TJ Houshmandzadeh, he was so bad the Seahawks PAID him to leave. Kelly Jennings is 1b and Percival Harvin is 1c. So much to hate about each one.

Hating on Bosworth is ridiculous he actually knew how to play the position unlike Aaron Curry. His body betrayed him and HGH wasn't a thing in his era. He was the first football player that understood marketing and personal branding so don't hate just because he was obviously intelligent and a generation before his time. 8)
    Last edited by Josea16 on Fri May 19, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• Nothing personal against Harvin, but the amount of draft picks(1st+3rd+7th) and cap room they gave up for him and got nothing but a SB TD they didn't even need, makes him come to mind as one of the least favorite.

Oh, and the Vikings drafted one of the best CB's Xavier Rhodes with the 1st rounder from the Hawks. :(
    massari
    NET Veteran

• Optimus25 wrote:Kelly Jennings.

Every pass defended seemed like a miracle from the heavens. I swear to this day that JS and PC decided to go after rangy physical db's from the wisdom gleaned after watching this twig child get mauled by bigger receivers day in day out. The late 2000s secondary was a painful part of my life.

Agreed, but I blame that more on those that wasted a first round pick on Jennings. They knew what they were getting. He could cover, but it amounted to absolutely nothing. I remember thinking he looked like a smurf, hovering around the waist of the receivers as they went up for uncontested catch after uncontested catch.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• The best thing about Jennings was he was traded for Clinton McDonald who was a contributor to the SuperBowl win.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• sdog1981 wrote:The best thing about Jennings was he was traded for Clinton McDonald who was a contributor to the SuperBowl win.

Yeah well 2006 was a pretty bad draft. Really cant see a " what the hell were they thinking?" moment because they missed out on someone else.

seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• cary williams, he was just trash
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Fri May 19, 2017 11:05 pm
  • This, to me, falls into two categories: 1. players I didn't like while they were Seahawks, and 2. players who created ill will on the way out or after they left.

The latter category has some obvious choices, such as Hutch.

The former category: I would have to put Kelly Jennings and Kerry Colbert right up there. So frustrating watching them fail in real time, and play after play, game after game.

Those who say Alexander, I have to welcome you to being new Seahawks fans. In his prime, no one thought he was a bad player at all. If you don't remember that game-after-game stat of at least one ten yard rush that went on for years, I'm really sorry you missed it. Every game, we'd wait for it to happen, and it would. There was some talk of being a little "soft" and avoiding tackles, but that was it. Marshawn Lynch forever changed our view of Alexander, and of running backs everywhere, really.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sat May 20, 2017 12:10 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    Those who say Alexander, I have to welcome you to being new Seahawks fans. In his prime, no one thought he was a bad player at all. If you don't remember that game-after-game stat of at least one ten yard rush that went on for years, I'm really sorry you missed it. Every game, we'd wait for it to happen, and it would. There was some talk of being a little "soft" and avoiding tackles, but that was it. Marshawn Lynch forever changed our view of Alexander, and of running backs everywhere, really.

So kind of like a,,,,,,,,,,,,, dog and butterfly like running back comparison? Both could be good no?

seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• Optimus25 wrote:
    kobebryant wrote:It's Josh Brown by a wide margin

Curious.... Why?

Besides being a POS human?
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• The only Seahawk in team history to win the NFL MVP award is considered the most hated by some. Tough crowd.
    * NET Staff *

• 1st round pick Kelly Jennings.

The moment he played on the field had me:

L.O.B.
    raisethe3
    NET Starter

Sat May 20, 2017 10:20 am
  • For me, I'd have to go with Aaron Curry. Big investment for a guy with a 2 cent brain and no heart. He actually caused me physical pain to watch him!

Dis-honorable mention goes to a guy I am surprised hasn't been mentioned - Deion Branch. Cost a 1st round pick and proceeded to spend more of his Hawk career on a treadmill/exercise bike than on the actual football field. Don't forget the "Anybody want me - come find me" line.
    UGotHawked
    NET Starter

• Defensive end Lawrence Jackson
    Defensive tackle Lamar King
    Fullback Owen Gill
    Quarterback Dan McGwire
    Offensive Tackle Chris McIntosh

But most of all QB David Greene long time members know why :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Kelly Stouffer and that moron of a coach from the Raiders Tom Flores.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• I don't dislike the guy but Rick Mirer just wasn't what he was supposed to be. I had high hopes for that pick.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• Rat wrote:Jerramy Stevens. Dropped four passes in the Super Bowl, and is married to a Goddess he doesn't deserve.

LOL...to each his own but after reading this thread and looking up those pics.....I would RUN RUN RUN away as fast as I can! My God! I'm going to have nightmares!
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sun May 21, 2017 12:33 am
  • Most intense dislike....Poison Pill Hutch. Frustrating dislike......Jeremy Stevens.with his SB play. I can name a few Head Coaches that wish never came here.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• Too bad it's limited to players, because otherwise I'd say Tom Flores. Hired to be the GM, fired Knox and hired himself as coach, ran the franchise straight into the ground, then went back to the Raiders. I have no doubt he was being paid on the side by Al Davis to ruin the Seahawks, which is a much cheaper way of winning than paying players. Since we were in the same division and perennially beat them during regular season (for you young-uns).
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

• Whitless and it's not close. He led Paul Allen astray on two franchises. Worthless.

#2 would be Flores.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• Kearse, by a mile. The most trusted (by Wilson) and unreliable WR in football. But, but, but he's so clutch. Is he?
    dutchcoug
    NET Starter

• Stan Gelbaugh

The worst player to ever put on a Seahawk uniform.
    "It's about us getting ready to play. It's not about the other team. We'll beat ourselves before they beat us. That's always our approach."

Pete Carroll
    Mick063
    NET Veteran

Sun May 21, 2017 10:42 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    NJlargent wrote:Rick Mirer. He stunk and so did we for a long time. I also knew Bledsoe was going to be the better pick

I thought about this a bit... certainly Rick Mirer has to be the worst player the Seahawks have had, more for what could've been and for what he should've been and how that set the franchise back...

But it wasn't HIS fault he sucked.

Josh Brown for me... guy is just not a good person and sullied the franchise at many turns

At least Rick netted us Shawn Springs after the Bears trade. I agree he was an enormous bust, but he did win 20 games for us. On a franchise the lists McGuire, Gelbaugh, and Stouffer as its one time starters, I don't think Mirer can be considered won of the worst Seahawks. Biggest disappointment? Oh heck yes and I can see what he is your least favorite.

TJ Housh, Jarrraammmmy Stevens, and "Slave to the businessman" Brown for me. They are the usual suspects, but I couldn't stand them. I think the fact that we won the Super Bowl, somewhat emotionally minimilizes my rancor towards Percy.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information