Cortez Kennedy dead at 48

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Goodness...way too young. I too am glad he at least made the Hall first. Prayers for his family.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19444913/pro-football-hall-famer-cortez-kennedy-dies-age-48[/urltargetblank]

As word spreads, I'm sure there will be lots of great articles about both the player and the man...he'll be missed

kev007

Reaction score
What a terrible last 24 hours - parents and children murdered in an evil attack in Manchester. Roger Moore aka 007 passes away. And now Tez - he was one of my all time favourite Seahawks. RIP number 96, will never be forgotten by us 12's.

Kev

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Good grief, maybe it's cause I'm in my 40's.........but holy moly does it seem like too many of my heroes are dying.

You don't win the NFL Defensive Player of the Year on a 2-14 team unless you're one of the greatest players ever.......and more importantly Cortez Kennedy was a teddy bear of a human being, beautiful to the bone. Never once complained, always had that big smile on his face.

White Devil

Reaction score
Heartbreaking.

An all time Seahawk and great person as well.

For the younger Hawk fans that may not have been around during his playing days...have a glimpse at one of the most dominating defensive players to wear any uniform.

[youtube]uJYVL5gk57Q[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
White Devil":329ofp5n said:
Heartbreaking.

An all time Seahawk and great person as well.

For the younger Hawk fans that may not have been around during his playing days...have a glimpse at one of the most dominating defensive players to wear any uniform.

[youtube]uJYVL5gk57Q[/youtube]

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Gormanimal

Reaction score
RIP MR Kennedy. I met him in 1993 at Harris Ford in Lynnwood when he was Live on KJR. Very kind and gentle. I was only 15 and he treated me with respect, something I didn't even understand at that age. He was a great person and a true team player. Hawks flags should be at half mast and 96 should be on every helmet this season.

Seymour

Reaction score
Putting this into perspective as to how young he was still. Chuck Knox drafted Tez in 1990 is still alive (and as far as I know well), and now is 85 years old. Tez passed at nearly half his age.

I remember one game Tez got into trouble (rare occurrence), for eating a hot dog on the sideline during a game with another team mate. Most thought this was pretty dang funny at the time, but Chuck was not impressed.

RIP Tez.....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":cokcg44j said:
Putting this into perspective as to how young he was still. Chuck Knox drafted Tez in 1990 is still alive (and as far as I know well), and now is 85 years old. Tez passed at nearly half his age.

I remember one game Tez got into trouble (rare occurrence), for eating a hot dog on the sideline during a game with another team mate. Most thought this was pretty dang funny at the time, but Chuck was not impressed.

RIP Tez.....

It was a preseason game, and Rick Mirer was the other player. They made a big deal out of our so called team leaders goofing off after they were out of the game eating hotdogs on the bench.

Funny how tame that sounds compared to all the nonsense and drama this group of players goes through each season.

Rat

Reaction score
That's sad :(. He was probably the best player on the team the year I started following the Seahawks.

I just looked up the history of the #12 flag raisers because I couldn't remember if he had ever done it, and saw that he was the first player ever to be given the honor (season ticket holders did the first one, then Cortez). That says a lot about how much the team valued him and his legacy.