Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

How Would You Divide RB Carries Tomorrow Night?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Conventional thinking is the ones you want to evaluate get the most PT in preseason.

    But heck, we need to evaluate every RB, nearly equally don't we?

    If it's been decided that Lacy will be the starter week 1, (and I think it has), then I guess he gets 3 token carries to start preseason games, then rides the pine.

    Then what happens? How long does Rawls go? does Prosise get more than 3rd down looks? how do things get divided up from there?

    If everyone looks good, do we showcase guys for trade bait by week 3?

    If no one looks good, do we rotate the bottom half of the depth chart up to get work with the 1st team O-line?

    How hard do we really evaluate Lacy?, do we just trust he'll be able to bring it week one? or how much of it do we need to see in preseason?
    User avatar
    ACFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 271
    Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 3:41 am


  • As far as I know, unless I missed somebody saying something, I don't think anything has been decided regarding Lacy as week 1 reg season starter. In fact I feel like it is more Rawl's job to lose at this point.

    I think they mentioned, or at least I believe, Procise won't play to further recover. I think we probably only see a few token touches for Rawls and Lacy. The majority probably goes to Carson and Collins to see whats up there. Then the rest spread to whoever else we have hanging around.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2364
    Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:08 pm


  • oregonhawkfan wrote:As far as I know, unless I missed somebody saying something, I don't think anything has been decided regarding Lacy as week 1 reg season starter. In fact I feel like it is more Rawl's job to lose at this point.

    I think they mentioned, or at least I believe, Procise won't play to further recover. I think we probably only see a few token touches for Rawls and Lacy. The majority probably goes to Carson and Collins to see whats up there. Then the rest spread to whoever else we have hanging around.


    what's Prosise recovering from? still the flu thing?
    User avatar
    ACFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 271
    Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 3:41 am


  • Rawls then Lacy, one series each, prosise third down back those two series. Then Carson would finish out the half, Mckissic third down back.. I would give Reece several plays blocking for Russ and the starting rb's. AC would start second half, then Davis. Fill out the rest of carries with the rest of the guys. Madden would get work in the second half as both fb and rb.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

    https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    User avatar
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 623
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am


  • I want to see very little from Lacey, Rawls & Collins, as these guys are proven warriors.....we need to find out what Algernon Brown has at Fullback, Carson needs to showcase his wares playing against the # 1 Defenders, NOT SCRUBS.
    I want to see some light duty outings from Prosise...No need to stress test any of our players that have sustained injuries....At least NOT until the games really count....Regular Season is soon enough for me.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5963
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • Why would Lacy start? As much hype as there is surrounding him, I'm not as confident he will find as much success here as some of our young guys.in fact I think every other running back we have will end up being better than him in their prime.

    We really are spoiled at the RB position fwiw. Need guys to just stay helathy now.
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3608
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Valdosta, GA (Road Hawk)


  • I'd use Carson and Collins heavy. We all know Lacy, Procise and Rawls are in. It's all about the former two and Mckissick now.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 644
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:27 am


  • Pete said to expect to see a lot of Carson.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1456
    Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:19 pm
    Location: Graham, WA


  • Grahamhawker wrote:Pete said to expect to see a lot of Carson.

    I thought I already said that? Basically Carson is this year's Pope. Expect him to be awesome and never actually be anything in the NFL while helping the four guys that will make the team be rested.

    The NFL is such a nasty business so start accepting that and deal.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 644
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:27 am


  • Jimjones0384 wrote:Rawls then Lacy, one series each, prosise third down back those two series. Then Carson would finish out the half, Mckissic third down back.. I would give Reece several plays blocking for Russ and the starting rb's. AC would start second half, then Davis. Fill out the rest of carries with the rest of the guys. Madden would get work in the second half as both fb and rb.


    This...Rawls and Lacy will barely play. It is preseason game #1.
    User avatar
    andyh64000
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 613
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:42 am


  • scutterhawk wrote:I want to see very little from Lacey, Rawls & Collins, as these guys are proven warriors.....we need to find out what Algernon Brown has at Fullback,


    Evidently Pete found out enough because he cut Algernon Brown before camp started. He plays for the Jets now.

    How exactly is Collins a "proven warrior"?
    Last edited by West TX Hawk on Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2017 Adopt a Rookie: Tedric Thompson
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1262
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


  • ACFan wrote:
    oregonhawkfan wrote:As far as I know, unless I missed somebody saying something, I don't think anything has been decided regarding Lacy as week 1 reg season starter. In fact I feel like it is more Rawl's job to lose at this point.

    I think they mentioned, or at least I believe, Procise won't play to further recover. I think we probably only see a few token touches for Rawls and Lacy. The majority probably goes to Carson and Collins to see whats up there. Then the rest spread to whoever else we have hanging around.


    what's Prosise recovering from? still the flu thing?


    Prosise has been healthy except for his flu the first 2 or so days. Heard the Prosise hype train slowly picking up speed since then.

    My guess for carry breakdown:
    Rawls (start) 5
    Lacy 3
    Collins 7
    Carson 8
    Davis 5
    Madden 5
    User avatar
    jdemps
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 784
    Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:11 pm
    Location: SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of Hawk homerism


  • Lacy and Rawls don't play till week three, we start with Collins and or Carson, give them time with the 1st unit and lets see how they do out of the gate. Let Davis, Madden and McKissic get their touches the second half mixing Reese in as plays dictate. This way Lacy keeps working on that ankle and getting it stronger as long as possible, no need for him to try and cut and get hit in a awkward manner till it's needed. We know what Rawls brings, Collins as a Vet now can carry the load as the starter the 1st half and Davis doing the same in the second. We know the line will be sloppy anyway 1st game we want to see who can break tackles and who has the desire to push themselves.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 21100
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Josea16 wrote:
    Grahamhawker wrote:Pete said to expect to see a lot of Carson.

    I thought I already said that? Basically Carson is this year's Pope. Expect him to be awesome and never actually be anything in the NFL while helping the four guys that will make the team be rested.

    The NFL is such a nasty business so start accepting that and deal.


    I mean you could say hes this years pope but you never know. I mean look at Rawls who went undrafted. Pope really didn't have much of a shot as we had drafted 3 RBs that draft. I am not saying he will light it up but to say "yeah expect him to be a Pre-season Phenom but nothing more" is a bit immature considering we haven't played yet. Don't crown/Uncrown? players just yet my friend.

    If I am dividing carries I go like this

    Rawls/Lacy a couple plays
    AC/Carson/Mike Davis go till the 3rd quarter and then run McKissic (althought I thought I remember them saying something about him playing WR)
    then Tre Madden
    "It takes a big man to sit when he pees. its takes an even bigger man to tell someone he does"
    User avatar
    Davidess
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 165
    Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:20 am


  • chris98251 wrote:Lacy and Rawls don't play till week three, we start with Collins and or Carson, give them time with the 1st unit and lets see how they do out of the gate. Let Davis, Madden and McKissic get their touches the second half mixing Reese in as plays dictate. This way Lacy keeps working on that ankle and getting it stronger as long as possible, no need for him to try and cut and get hit in a awkward manner till it's needed. We know what Rawls brings, Collins as a Vet now can carry the load as the starter the 1st half and Davis doing the same in the second. We know the line will be sloppy anyway 1st game we want to see who can break tackles and who has the desire to push themselves.


    Well, Pete already said Lacy is playing tonight for sure. And with both of them missing significant time, they will each play at least a series. They want them to get a little time at game speed.
    Click the link, I dare you! You will love it!!!!
    https://youtu.be/RTycAlWhrt8

    https://youtu.be/RaqSNpWDyCc
    User avatar
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 623
    Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:43 am


  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:Why would Lacy start? As much hype as there is surrounding him, I'm not as confident he will find as much success here as some of our young guys.in fact I think every other running back we have will end up being better than him in their prime.


    I've had that very thought, that Lacy might come out and look pretty good, but 3 or 4 younger guys might end up looking as good or better. What would that mean for Lacy?




    jdemps wrote:My guess for carry breakdown:
    Rawls (start) 5
    Lacy 3
    Collins 7
    Carson 8
    Davis 5
    Madden 5


    I think that's a good guess.
    User avatar
    ACFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 271
    Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 3:41 am


  • Davidess wrote:
    Josea16 wrote:
    Grahamhawker wrote:Pete said to expect to see a lot of Carson.

    I thought I already said that? Basically Carson is this year's Pope. Expect him to be awesome and never actually be anything in the NFL while helping the four guys that will make the team be rested.

    The NFL is such a nasty business so start accepting that and deal.


    I mean you could say hes this years pope but you never know. I mean look at Rawls who went undrafted. Pope really didn't have much of a shot as we had drafted 3 RBs that draft. I am not saying he will light it up but to say "yeah expect him to be a Pre-season Phenom but nothing more" is a bit immature considering we haven't played yet. Don't crown/Uncrown? players just yet my friend.

    If I am dividing carries I go like this

    Rawls/Lacy a couple plays
    AC/Carson/Mike Davis go till the 3rd quarter and then run McKissic (althought I thought I remember them saying something about him playing WR)
    then Tre Madden

    Usually the players that get the most work are this one's least likely to make the team at a position group like running back.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 644
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:27 am


  • Jimjones0384 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Lacy and Rawls don't play till week three, we start with Collins and or Carson, give them time with the 1st unit and lets see how they do out of the gate. Let Davis, Madden and McKissic get their touches the second half mixing Reese in as plays dictate. This way Lacy keeps working on that ankle and getting it stronger as long as possible, no need for him to try and cut and get hit in a awkward manner till it's needed. We know what Rawls brings, Collins as a Vet now can carry the load as the starter the 1st half and Davis doing the same in the second. We know the line will be sloppy anyway 1st game we want to see who can break tackles and who has the desire to push themselves.


    Well, Pete already said Lacy is playing tonight for sure. And with both of them missing significant time, they will each play at least a series. They want them to get a little time at game speed.


    The question was how WOULD YOU DIVIDE RB carries tomorrow night not what Pete is going to do.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 21100
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Give Lacy two series, split the rest between Collins and Carson, camp bodies in the 4th.
    Image
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    User avatar
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2036
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


  • I'd leave Rawls, Procise, and Lacy on the sidelines for the most part while the oline gels a bit . They are all coming back from injury and I'd hate to lose any of them in the preseason because someone missed a block.
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3508
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


  • ACFan wrote:Conventional thinking is the ones you want to evaluate get the most PT in preseason.

    But heck, we need to evaluate every RB, nearly equally don't we?

    If it's been decided that Lacy will be the starter week 1, (and I think it has), then I guess he gets 3 token carries to start preseason games, then rides the pine.

    Then what happens? How long does Rawls go? does Prosise get more than 3rd down looks? how do things get divided up from there?

    If everyone looks good, do we showcase guys for trade bait by week 3?

    If no one looks good, do we rotate the bottom half of the depth chart up to get work with the 1st team O-line?

    How hard do we really evaluate Lacy?, do we just trust he'll be able to bring it week one? or how much of it do we need to see in preseason?


    What makes you think it's been decided that Lacy will be wk1 starter? Everything I've seen coming out of camp is that Rawls is getting the large majority of the 1st team snaps.

    As for tonight, this is how I would divvy it up-

    Rawls only plays as long as Russell (if Russ even plays) or 1 series, whichever is less.
    Lacy and Prosise work in a couple snaps each very early in the game.
    Collins, Carson and McKissic get the bulk of playing time.
    Madden and Davis fill in 4Q

    McKissic also get the bulk of return duties and some WR snaps.
    User avatar
    LolaRox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 641
    Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:22 pm
    Location: Atlanta, GA


  • I'd test Lacy good, give him 2 or 3 series AFTER Rawls gets the first series. bring in CJ on 3rds.

    2nd quarter, give CJ some first down runs, maybe bring AC or Carson in on a 3rd down.

    Last half of the 2nd and most of the 3rd would be Collins & Carson, then everyone else to close out the game.

    That's probably what I do.

    Here's my guess of what WILL happen, in order of appearance.

    Lacy 3 carries
    Rawls 4 carries
    CJ 3 carries
    AC 5 carries
    Carson 8 carries

    I don't expect Lacy to do much, get a few touches and maybe push the pile some for 3-4 yard gains.

    I wouldn't be surprised to see Rawls break a long one, then immediately sit.

    I think AC and Carson will have the best chance to crack 50 yards, as they'll probably get the most carries when matchups may be more favorable.

    no injuries please!

    stoked to just be a few hours away from kickoff.
    User avatar
    ACFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 271
    Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 3:41 am


  • Lacy has yet to show how he can run behind our "awesome OL". I'd like to see him and Rawls each get at least two series.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6618
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA




It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:35 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online