Hawks Sign CB Tramaine Brock, cleared of charges

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1keclh9q said:
I really, really pray that Griffin steps up big time in the next few pre-season games. You think the team is already down on him? That would suck if true.

I don't think they are down on Griffin at all. If anything I think this may point to being a little down on Tyson and needing depth (especially if the rumors of trading Lane are true).

Seymour

Reaction score
The charges were not "cleared". They did not pursue pressing charges because she would not cooperate even though she had marks around her neck.

And here is the kicker. What could cause such an argument to bring in the cops?

They had a fight over what to watch on TV.

Good god, another idiot. :pukeface: :roll:

http://www.nydailynews.com/newswire...ic-violence-charges-dropped-article-1.3397552

Officials say the 28-year-old Brock punched and tried multiple times to strangle his girlfriend during an April 6 dispute over what to watch on television. Prosecutors say one of the strangling attempts occurred as she carried their 1-year-old child.

Police say the woman had visible injuries when officers arrived at Brock's home in Santa Clara.

Sorry Pete, but this move makes you a 2 faced asshat.

GLio14

Reaction score
Not for trading Lane. Still think he's a valuable piece to the team. Everyone was raving about him in camp before he got banged up. Hope it's just speculation.

Reaction score
Seymour":3fvtqfzk said:
The charges were not "cleared". They did not pursue pressing charges because she would not cooperate even though she had marks around her neck.

And here is the kicker. What could cause such an argument to bring in the cops?

They had a fight over what to watch on TV.

Good god, another idiot. :pukeface: :roll:

http://www.nydailynews.com/newswire...ic-violence-charges-dropped-article-1.3397552

Officials say the 28-year-old Brock punched and tried multiple times to strangle his girlfriend during an April 6 dispute over what to watch on television. Prosecutors say one of the strangling attempts occurred as she carried their 1-year-old child.

Police say the woman had visible injuries when officers arrived at Brock's home in Santa Clara.

Sorry Pete, but this move makes you a 2 faced asshat.

Wow, if true, he'll have a nice 6 game suspension this year too.

Seymour

Reaction score
QuickLightning":11d5cxko said:

Good point. That very well could happen too. I actually hope Goodell throws the book at him.

Why would we even take this chance on such a marginal player to begin with? That I don't get.

Chapow

Reaction score
Seymour":17swtg6e said:
QuickLightning":17swtg6e said:

Good point. That very well could happen too. I actually hope Goodell throws the book at him.

Why would we even take this chance on such a marginal player to begin with? That I don't get.

Agree with that. Seems not worth the risk.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
QuickLightning":wrr80khk said:

I'd be pretty surprised if Brock was handed a 6 game suspension. People seem to be forgetting that the suspension Rog handed down to Zeke was due to 3 separate instances of the conduct policy being broken; it wasn't just the alleged domestic violence.

With that said, I think it'll be interesting to see if the NFL is going to be investigating this situation. I don't really care to follow the 9ers since their fall from grace, so maybe an NFL investigation has come and gone.

I think it's a good signing if the numbers are as low as what's being suggested right now (a little over vet minimum) as it's basically a risk-free deal. He had a similar year statistically to Shead last year with little talent around him, SIGNIFICANTLY less talent than Shead had here in Seattle. I think he's got a good shot of being a contributor this year, no matter how we feel about the man off the field right now.

If Pete says they did their homework, I'll trust them to do their homework and let the competition continue.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It was a joke Rat, lighten up. He was brought in for competition. If he's not up to par, he'll get cut. It has happened plenty of times with this team. They just said the deal was for 900K. It's not like Finger Wag or the often injured Lane have lived up to those contracts.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1u2m0fmu said:
A vet in there, good. Can't be any worse than Finger wag or Lane was last year.

Your OLD, worse is Kelly Jennings and Cary Williams.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
you're

But yeah, they were next level bad :lol:

Point being that Lane and Shead, the players I'm talking about...... were both pretty average.
I should have said Brock probably can't be much worse than Finger Wag or Lane last season. And IF he is, he won't stick anyway. Better now? Give the guy a chance that's all. Cheers :irishdrinkers:

Jennings :pukeface:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I get not wanting this guy because of former charges.

But his height and arm length have little to do with his talent.

And his future performance if he makes it, is on
a team with Championship expectations that has one of the best Defensive front 7s plus 3 of the best Secondary players in the league isn't going to be the same as a floundering 49ers team churning through constant change the last 2 years relying on a youth movement.

The real questions are can Brock at least be a league average corner. The performance comps to Shead are encouraging considering the Seahawks have a better
D.

And can Brock play inside, there is a lack of reliable NICKLE Depth on roster.

If Brock can be those things, that's depth, thats more experience, it would be a great signing, especially if its a 1 yr, around the min deal and far from the Cary Williams type signing.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1symmnhq said:
Gotta' love how many 1 year prove it type deals this team gets done.

MisfitToys-Screen-600x400.png

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Is this the guy that got absolutely trucked by Rawls?

Chapow

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1vk377tq said:
Is this the guy that got absolutely trucked by Rawls?

You'll have to be more specific. I'm pretty sure there has been more than 1 guy that has been trucked by Rawls. Rawls likes to truck dudes.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/897948510581956608[/tweet]