George Fant

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I feel bad for the guy personally, but as a Seahawks fan, come on guys, it's not like we lost Walter Jones. Half of this board was calling for his removal last season. Don't tell me the sky is falling now.

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":35kcgks9 said:
I feel bad for the guy personally, but as a Seahawks fan, come on guys, it's not like we lost Walter Jones. Half of this board was calling for his removal last season. Don't tell me the sky is falling now.

I know right. Fant needed a lot of work. Sometimes he was just a body in there. I saw him get burnt a lot. It sucks he went down because it will definitely hurt his development. However I think this could be a blessing and disguise if we find the right replacement.

Like others I feel bad for the guy but I also feel we could get a lot better at the position. He may be the LT of the future but to get a upgrade from Him It may be something this team needs going into this season.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
As terrible as this is for the team I really feel for Fant. What he was succeeding at doing is a pretty damn impressive feat. I like the guy and I'm rooting for him as much for him as for us.

And can we please be clear that this doesn't all the sudden make him "fragile" or "accident prone" or mean that he's got "glass knees". There's not a player in the NFL who's knee is going to hold up to a 300 lb man jumping sideways into it like that.

Seymour

Reaction score
Blitzer88":nd40igvp said:
Sick to my stomach.................such a tough injury.

Agree. Really bummed out about this. Not just for the team, but for him personally. The guy has done everything in his power to step up to the challenge during his off season. Get well George, we are behind you 100%.

Seymour

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3v44a2te said:

It's not just the loss of Fant that has the impact. It is the lack of tackles on this team and the domino effect this will have moving other players out of their ideal position that has the full impact. No, the sky is not falling, but this REALLY sucks. For the person....and the team.

Seymour

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":2n361a6m said:
WindCityHawk":2n361a6m said:

I know right. Fant needed a lot of work. Sometimes he was just a body in there. I saw him get burnt a lot. It sucks he went down because it will definitely hurt his development. However I think this could be a blessing and disguise if we find the right replacement.

Like others I feel bad for the guy but I also feel we could get a lot better at the position. He may be the LT of the future but to get a upgrade from Him It may be something this team needs going into this season.

WOW....Just Wow! A blown out knee / out for the year by someone that worked his ass off that hard a possible blessing???

I'm sure every other team will be cutting a starting L tackle for us to chose from. Good god, this pisses me off. Better go now.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
hawknation2017":1z8ck9k7 said:
Would have been nice if they had drafted an OT, i.e. Cam Robinson and/or Taylor Moton.

Yup. They had that chance, but Schneider was too busy playing games to get a few more 3rd and 4th round picks.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I don't really feel bad for the Seahawks, they will figure it out, but I'm heart broken for Fant. He worked so hard and was learning and really putting his all into the process. I hope he's able to heal fully and come back to play someday. Best wishes George.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3e3tzb66 said:
You are correct on last year/removal ect.I wasn't among those.
I believe he could be the closest thing to the next Walt as we will see.
It sucks that we won't see him till next year.
The sky is not falling however.We will be ok
GO HAWKS!!!

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
This sucks so bad for Fant. He is so far behind from a football perspective, the one thing he could not afford for his career was to miss time. 2017 obviously done, but 2018 seriously in question as well. We will have moved on by then, and it'll be really tough for him to even get a chance to fight for a spot anywhere.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Tusc2000":v6igsgoo said:
hawknation2017":v6igsgoo said:
Would have been nice if they had drafted an OT, i.e. Cam Robinson and/or Taylor Moton.

Yup. They had that chance, but Schneider was too busy playing games to get a few more 3rd and 4th round picks.

You seriously gonna blame john, We have a perennial contender because of that man.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3ujp94se said:
This sucks so bad for Fant. He is so far behind from a football perspective, the one thing he could not afford for his career was to miss time. 2017 obviously done, but 2018 seriously in question as well. We will have moved on by then, and it'll be really tough for him to even get a chance to fight for a spot anywhere.

This is what's so scary for the guy. His career could seriously be in jeopardy. I just feel for him. If he can fight his way back through all the rehab and get healthy next year, I believe they'll give him another shot as there'll still be influx along the line. Don't count him out just yet.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
All the blame game posts are lame. It's hard to find starter quality LTs late in the 1st round. This offseason the market for warm bodies at the position was stupid costly.

As far as the injury is concerned this sure sucks. Lets hope there was little additional damage to Fant's knee. Hope he makes a speedy recovery!

Sadly the depth at the OT position will now be tested and may need to be bolstered.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1w0okhsf said:

After they watched him work so hard all last offseason and his rapid improvement, there is NO WAY they are walking away from George Fant so soon.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Mojambo":pyks23cc said:
Coug_Hawk08":pyks23cc said:

After they watched him work so hard all last offseason and his rapid improvement, there is NO WAY they are walking away from George Fant so soon.

After 2 years on IR? Yes, we would have moved on by then. We would give him a shot to come back, but he'd be so rusty (and he is already green). One off-season of work won't change what they have to do for the team to stay competitive.

Rapid improvement is also pretty tough to say, since we never got the chance to actually see it. We just heard coach speak. He was literally the worst tackle in football, pretty easy to improve from the bottom, too.

I believe in his potential as much as anyone, and hoped he would show up big this year too. Just saying, realistically this could be the kiss of death for him (for reasons mentioned), which is pretty sad.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tusc2000":3cl1tsai said:
hawknation2017":3cl1tsai said:

They did draft an OT... with their second pick...

Reaction score
Seymour":ktdpdzbm said:
thegreeninyoureye":ktdpdzbm said:
WindCityHawk":ktdpdzbm said:

WOW....Just Wow! A blown out knee / out for the year by someone that worked his ass off that hard a possible blessing???

I'm sure every other team will be cutting a starting L tackle for us to chose from. Good god, this pisses me off. Better go now.
No but its called trying to look at the bright side of things. Guys have got hurt and a better player has been found happens all the time. Every team will not be cutting there starting left tackle but Fant was playing basketball a couple years ago so finding a guy with a little more experience might do this team good. You never know to me he wasnt setting the world on fire. Do I feel bad the guy got hurt yeah I do. Do I think its the end to our season no I dont.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2lq41vba said:
WindCityHawk":2lq41vba said:
You are correct on last year/removal ect.I wasn't among those.
I believe he could be the closest thing to the next Walt as we will see.
It sucks that we won't see him till next year.
The sky is not falling however.We will be ok
GO HAWKS!!!

An undrafted basketball player with one intermittent year of experience at the position was the closest we would get to one of the greatest LTs of all time?

C'mon man.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Crizilla":yk75e8x5 said:
The pre season is a joke. We don't need to play our starters every game. We don't even need all 4 pre season games. NFL please do something. So dumb.

Every team plays that way. It's just luck of the draw. There is no magic bullet to prevent this stuff. It happens, it sucks, you just punch a wall in frustration and then move on.

Huge bummer for Fant. He worked hard. But losing him doesn't necessarily mean that our on-field product will be worse. Nobody wants to hear that because CINDERELLA STORY, but we had yet to see the "new and improved" Fant against against Markus Golden and Chandler Jones in the regular season. That's all that matters.